News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Late Permian toy figures

Started by DC, November 22, 2016, 07:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

I am running a class about the Permian extinction and the Rise of the dinosaurs. I am looking for any additional late Permian figures. if you know some please post. Thanks

Late Permian Fauna
Moschops: Marx,MPC, Definitely Dinosaurs, Tootsie Toys
Keratopcephalus: Dinowaurs
Estemmosuchus: Hasbro

Bradysaurus: Starlux
Scutosaurus: Wild Safari, Starlux, Hasbro

Trochosaurus: UHA
Instrancevia: Wild Safari
Procynosuchus: Bullyland
Lycaenops: Ral Partha, Hasbro
small theraspid: Ral Partha

Endothiodon: Starlux, Ovaltine
Lystrosaurus: UHA, Yowie
Dicynodont: Cog
You can never have too many dinosaurs

CityRaptor

Moschops, Pareiasaurus: Gimiki's Journey

Coelurosauravus: Rex from Primeval.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DC

I see Gimiki has a Moschops also

thanks

CityRaptor

That and the Pareiasaurus are the only two of the series I own.

You are welcome.
Oh no

Lanthanotus

Bullyland's Protochirotherium may also be a late Permian animal, though its correct dating (early Triassic) is under discussion click).

SBell

There was also a Scutosaurus and Lystrosaurus with the Prehistoric Panorama series.

Peltobatrachus from PV. And several fo the Safari toob sharks (for the water!).

And technically, Protochirotherium is the footprints; the animal is an educated guess on what made them!

CityRaptor

Oh yes, there is also the Predators Lystrosaurus.
Oh no

SBell

1) I realized that I thought the COG was a Lystrosaurus, but it's a Dicynodon. duh.

2) I looked at what I had again for clues. Others include Coelurosauravus (Primeval, Aurora); Michelinoceras (Dinosaur Train); Prionosuchus (Shapeways model); Varanops (Shapeways model); and the sharks Xenacanthus (Safari, Dinotales); Sarcoprion (Safari); Hybodus (Neko works, Safari)

DC

Shapeways does hae some interesting figures

Lanthanotus

Quote from: SBell on November 22, 2016, 11:29:07 PM
[...]

And technically, Protochirotherium is the footprints; the animal is an educated guess on what made them!

That is unquestionable true, but the thread title didn't ask for the accuracy of a given model and therefore I deemed it appropriate.

While footprints as the only fossil evidence may make for a weaker foundation to base a reconstruction on than bones, several reconstructions (toys aswell as museum reconstructions) of prehistoric animals are based on such limited fossil evidence, that any life reconstruction seems also very far stretched (e.g. Megalosaurus, Australovenator, several sauropods).

But while we are at it..... is there any comprehensive book in the style of the Princeton Field Guide or such about the pre- (and/or para-) dinosaurian reptiles?

DC

I have the Bullyland  Protochirotherium and it or a close relatie must have been present in the Late Permian.  The other problem eith most of these figures is wide range of scales. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.