News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

KeU's Dinosaurs

Started by KeU, December 29, 2016, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

Hey guys, after years on this forum, I've decided to start a thread on my collection.
I don't have much, so this should be quick.
Here are the PAPOs I have out on display at the moment....

Photo of the other dinosaurs. They are currently in storage, will get to them in due time.

Jose S.M.

KeU

Archinto

In the photo on the bottom, of your vintage dinosaurs, to the far left there looks to be some mini thunder beasts there? Looks like a series two mini struthiomimus at a glance. If it is, those are a bit hard to find! I just got one myself recently as well as the series 2 mini dilophosaurus :) Nice little collection you have here, you have some very desireable figures :)

I took a look at a photo of mine and its not the same struthiomimus. It will be interesting to see more up close photos of your vintage dinosaurs! :) I am curious what figure that one with the red neck is to the far left that I mistook for the struthiomimus
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

KeU

Quote from: Archinto on December 29, 2016, 06:31:41 PM
In the photo on the bottom, of your vintage dinosaurs, to the far left there looks to be some mini thunder beasts there? Looks like a series two mini struthiomimus at a glance. If it is, those are a bit hard to find! I just got one myself recently as well as the series 2 mini dilophosaurus :) Nice little collection you have here, you have some very desireable figures :)

I took a look at a photo of mine and its not the same struthiomimus. It will be interesting to see more up close photos of your vintage dinosaurs! :) I am curious what figure that one with the red neck is to the far left that I mistook for the struthiomimus

I have no idea actually. It was a gift when I was a wee kid.
I do know it is of the same series as the Dilophosaurus on the right of it. The one with the blue face and pink crests.

KeU

Quick trip to google helped.....

I can't find the exact Struthiomimus, but it has the exact same mold as this guy below.

Just in a different color. Red with black splotches and an orange neck.

I might just have a knock off.

Archinto

Ah cool. that is my series 1 mini struthiomimus there in that photo. They are marked 1993 m.t. china on their bellies I believe. I have a light tan/orange one with black patterns on its back but it doesnt have the orange neck. I'm interested in seeing yours up close! I wonder if there is a third boxed set release thats not yet documented. As far as I know, these figures have no knockoffs of them. That would be interesting if they were knockoffs though!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

KeU

Quote from: Archinto on December 30, 2016, 02:53:54 AM
Ah cool. that is my series 1 mini struthiomimus there in that photo. They are marked 1993 m.t. china on their bellies I believe. I have a light tan/orange one with black patterns on its back but it doesnt have the orange neck. I'm interested in seeing yours up close! I wonder if there is a third boxed set release thats not yet documented. As far as I know, these figures have no knockoffs of them. That would be interesting if they were knockoffs though!

It is stored off somewhere with my parents now. Once I get back, I will pull it out for some photos.
I can't find any close ups of it right now.

KeU

New additions!
Doyle and Wilson.

KeU

Finally.

Vitae did a good job on this.
I think this is the best mass produced Giganotosaurus currently available.
This is a large figure, dwarfing Wilson and Doyle.

However, a quick calculation shows that they are roughly the same scale.
Stan is about 10.9m and Wilson is at 39.5cm.
That puts him at a scale of about 1/27.6.
I am assuming Vitae used MUCPv-Ch1 holotype as the baseline for their Giganotosaurus.
At best, it is estimated at 12.2m.
The figure comes in at about 45cm.
That means it is at a scale of approximately 1/27.1.

The proportions of the figure is lovely.
One can really tell that Giganotosaurus has a massive head, short and slender neck (Compared to Tyrannosaurus of course), and slimmer torso and legs.
Details are great. But compared to Zhao Chuang's sculpting, it lacks some of the finer details.

Paint is good as well.
But again, not as good as PNSO.
It is slightly glossier, which I don't like and there are some scuffs on my figure.

On the flip side, the base is much better compared to PNSO's.
The water effect is lovely.

Great effort overall from Vitae.
Now, if only they did a Sue for me to display along side it.

Shonisaurus

I hope the giganotosaurus Vitae as the PNSO tyrannosaurus nicknamed "Wilson" will be sold soon or a relatively near future in online stores. Buying such figures on eBay is prohibitive.

Honestly I can not comment which of the two is better. I really like the Giganotosaurus Vitae but I have read good reviews of the PNSO tyrannosaurus even that it is superior to the Doyle triceratops (which fortunately I have). Until I have them physically I will never be able to objectively express my opinion. To me they seem at first sight both great but it is one thing to see them in photography or videos and another to have them physically. I think that happens with almost all the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in general.

I would like either Safari (giganotosaurus Safari 2017) or the theropods of Collecta to put such cool and awesome bases as those of Vitae or PNSO are very nice.  8) The bad thing is that then the price of the figure obviously becomes more expensive.  :-\

I congratulate Keu for those masterful photos. They are artistic photos.  :)

Syndicate Bias

Eta Feb for Vitae Giganotosaurus from Dans Dinosaurs

sauroid

you have a very interesting collection. i love it.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SyndicateBias on December 30, 2017, 10:01:40 PM

In dansdinosaurs it is possible to preorder but this figure of giganotosaurus Vitae will not be available until the February whopping. I give you the link,

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/giganotosaurus-by-vitae/

sauroid

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 31, 2017, 02:52:35 PM

In dansdinosaurs it is possible to preorder but this figure of giganotosaurus Vitae will not be available until the February whopping. I give you the link,

what is February whopping?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on December 31, 2017, 03:12:20 PM

I apologize Sauroid I had not realized that you had already commented in your message that said figure would not be available until February.  :-X

You're right.  :-\

sauroid

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 31, 2017, 10:13:16 PM

I apologize Sauroid I had not realized that you had already commented in your message that said figure would not be available until February.  :-X

oh i see, sorry for my confusion.

again, very cool collection KeU

KeU

Quote from: sauroid on January 01, 2018, 06:14:33 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 31, 2017, 10:13:16 PM
oh i see, sorry for my confusion.
again, very cool collection KeU
Thanks.
Glad you liked it.

Shonisaurus

The Giganotosaurus Vitae Award for my part is on the way as it will arrive late at the end of next week.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: