News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pferdemuseum, Münster

Started by Libraraptor, January 07, 2017, 08:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Within the zoo of Münster, the city where I studied Social Work and which I still visit regularly, lies the "Pferdemuseum". Since my daughter loves horses we went there and I was lucky: Right and left from the entrance were these  figures on sockets showing the past of the horses and an assumed future as Indricotherium-like giants. So both my interest in palaeontology and speculative zoology had been satisfied with one single visit ^-^

Lifesize Hyracotherium

"The horse in 50 million years"

A matter of perspective

Head of the big guy

Hyracotherium head

A Dougal Dixon painting at the socket of the big guy. A variety of  speculative future horses.

Derek.McManus

Very interesting and nice pictures....reminds me a little of the science fiction of Stephen Baxter who deals a lot in stories that take place over huge time periods. Thanks for sharing!

Viergacht

That's pretty cool, but I got to say the face of the big guy is going to give me nightmares XD

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.