News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Paleoart to inspire figures

Started by Reptilia, January 14, 2017, 04:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

I've noticed a couple of striking resemblances between recently released raptor figures and pre-existing pieces of paleoart:

Papo 2016 Velociraptor

Sideshow Collectibles 2011 Protoceratops vs Velociraptor diorama

Safari Ltd 2017 Velociraptor

"The Velociraptor hunting dance" by Emily Willoughby (2013)

So, following the same principle, here's a few suggestions for future models I'd like to see from specific companies:

Dunkleosteus (Collecta)

Terror bird (Papo)

Therizinosaurus (Rebor)

Flaffy

I'd very much rather toy companies and sculptors come up with their own ideas and interpretations.

stargatedalek

Aside from the fingers I've always liked that Therizinosaurus, if I were to make a Therizinosaur I would consider giving it a similar tail.

Reptilia

Three more suggestions for either Papo or Rebor:

Feathered T-Rex

Herrerasaurus

Postosuchus

stargatedalek

I hadn't realized quite how shrink-wrapped that Herrerasaurus was before seeing it on this angle. That is not an animal that should have any sort of ridge visible along its back...

More reason why it's my least favorite playable in The Isle :P

Reptilia

Swimming Spinosaurus (Papo)

Reptilia

Looking for Schleich's inspirations on Google made me think to this old thread of mine, specifically with this one:

It would make a pretty nice reference for Papo or Rebor, I think.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.