News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Worst dinosaur toy

Started by BlueKrono, January 26, 2017, 12:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Having gone through every toy I own today I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we could showcase our very worst dinosaur figure. It may not necessarily be the ugliest. Some outdated or downright ugly figures have that "so good they're bad" charm to it. This thread is just for really bad figures - lazy sculpting, poor casting, sloppy paintjobs, etc. There were some real stinkers in my clan, but I had to give the nod to this guy:

No idea what company. Practically looks melted, but the molding flash negates that theory. It actually came off the line like this.

Bulbous, asymmetric head. Emaciated body. This goes beyond shrink-wrapping; this is more like crushed in a trash compactor thin. Where's the Dianoga when you need him?

Also sports a huge split in its right shoulder. Not sure if this was a mold defect or an effect of warping after it was spawned.

What an abomination.

Post your worst!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Killekor

i agre about that thing, it's the most orrible dinosaur i've never seen. Worst than Dinofroz.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Silvanusaurus

Are you absolutely certain that isn't actually just an old chewed bit of bubble-gum that happened to come out looking vaguely like a dinosaur?  ;)
Seriously though, where did you even find that thing?
It's going to be hard to find something much worse, but i look forward to seeing it's rivals...

Halichoeres

I'm not much of a collector of vintage, monochrome, or dollar store figures, so I can't quite match that gloriously hideous Trike. But this Silvisaurus is a strong contender for the worst dinosaur in my collection:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 26, 2017, 02:29:46 PM
I'm not much of a collector of vintage, monochrome, or dollar store figures, so I can't quite match that gloriously hideous Trike. But this Silvisaurus is a strong contender for the worst dinosaur in my collection:

Yes, you've got a relatively high-end collection, what with only the best of each genus and all.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

sauroid

that Silvisaurus looks like a Kaiju from the Ultraman saga and made by Bandai.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Neosodon

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 26, 2017, 12:25:55 PM

Here are it's parents.

This was their expressions when it hatched. But with the toxic conditions at the end of the Cretaceous you can't really blame them.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Flaffy

Roselaar

White Post figures are also quite horrible, despite their rariry and value to collectors. I mean, honestly! Geez!

sauroid

this topic reminds me of the old "ugly ugly dinosaurs" thread.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Same here. These guys are just perfect for it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BlueKrono

Quote from: sauroid on January 26, 2017, 09:13:02 PM
this topic reminds me of the old "ugly ugly dinosaurs" thread.

I was worried someone was going to confuse this with that one, so I tried to be extra clear in the description. Many dinosaur toys are straight up ugly, like the White Posts mentioned above. Some dinos are very silly looking, others are poorly disguised Godzillas or just look like something out of a kaiju or horror flick. Many of them you might look at and go, "Wow, that is spectacularly hideous! It would actually be fun to have something that ugly/goofy."

This thread is for figures that make you and anybody else go, "Do not want." The sludge-scraping bottom of the barrel. The figures that simply have no redeeming qualities in accuracy, texture, or even kitsch. These figures are an affront to the hobby of dinosaur toy collecting. Let's see how bad we can get.

sauroid

this Chap Mei Pachycephalosaurus is one of the worst in my collection. it looks more like an alien creature than a dinosaur. i dont know if i should burn it or keep it.

TheRaptorSlayer

Quote from: sauroid on January 26, 2017, 09:50:07 PM
this Chap Mei Pachycephalosaurus is one of the worst in my collection. it looks more like an alien creature than a dinosaur. i dont know if i should burn it or keep it.

Isn't that the one from the Dino Quest line? The Parasaurolophus from that line is a disaster as well, at least for me. It looks too much like a character from a (bad) 90's clone of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

That being said, however, Dino Quest figures don't appear to be that common nowadays. I vote for keeping it, if only for it's collector value!  :)
So your world's benign?
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice?
Well now your world is mine...
And I am fine...

CityRaptor

And they are popular with the JP crowd. Actually it is still around, it just called Dino Valley these days.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

You can also still buy them as accessories in Animal Planet sets.

EmperorDinobot

I think they are all special!

sauroid

i will keep it for now (away from my sight), but might trade it soon  ^-^

Viergacht

Troll dinosaur

This ptero-bird-man thing.

The ugliest of chinasaurs - swollen cranium, chicken feet, lumpy skin. Hideous.

Neosodon

This one fits a little better than my last entry. Looks a little like BlueKrono's except it has an actual face.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: