News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Top ten 2016 figures

Started by Halichoeres, January 29, 2017, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose up to 10 favorite figures of 2016

Australian Age of Dinosaurs Australovenator
Battat Euoplocephalus
Battat Parasaurolophus
Battat Stegosaurus
Bullyland Liopleurodon
Bullyland Tyrannosaurus
CollectA Andrewsarchus
CollectA Beishanlong
CollectA Deinocheirus
CollectA Lythronax
CollectA Mercuriceratops
CollectA Metriacanthosaurus
CollectA Struthiomimus
CollectA Thalassomedon
CollectA Torvosaurus gurneyi
CollectA Tyrannosaurus hunting
CollectA Tyrannosaurus corpse
Colorata Deinonychus
Colorata Dilong
Colorata Microraptor
Colorata Oviraptor
Colorata Sinosauropteryx
Colorata Tyrannosaurus
Colorata Velociraptor
Favorite Allosaurus mini
Favorite Ankylosaurus mini
Favorite Anomalocaris mini (blue)
Favorite Anomalocaris mini (yellow)
Favorite Brachiosaurus mini
Favorite Canadaspis mini
Favorite Hallucigenia mini
Favorite Marrella mini
Favorite Olenoides mini
Favorite Opabinia mini
Favorite Pikaia mini
Favorite Pteranodon mini
Favorite Spinosaurus mini
Favorite Stegosaurus mini
Favorite Triceratops mini
Favorite Tyrannosaurus green
Favorite Tyrannosaurus yellow
Favorite Tyrannosaurus feathered (brown)
Favorite Wiwaxia mini
Favorite Bistahieversor
Favorite Pentaceratops
Favorite Coelophysis
Favorite Redondasaurus
Favorite Guanlong
Favorite Yinlong
Favorite Sinoceratops
Favorite Zhuchengtyrannus
Favorite Yutyrannus attacking
Favorite Yutyrannus defending (supine)
Hasbro Jurassic World Ankylosaurus Hybrid Armor
Hasbro Jurassic World Carnoraptor
Hasbro Jurassic World Dilophosaurus Hybrid
Hasbro Jurassic World Dilophosaurus Rex
Hasbro Jurassic World Indominus Rex Hybrid Armor
Hasbro Jurassic World Pteramimus
Hasbro Jurassic World Spinosaurus Hybrid
Hasbro Jurassic World Stegoceratops
Kaiyodo Fukuiraptor CQ
Kaiyodo Pteranodon CQ
Kaiyodo Tambatitanis CQ
Kaiyodo therizinosaurid CQ
Kaiyodo Toyotamaphimeia CQ
Kaiyodo Parasaurolophus sp. juvenile Expo
Kaiyodo Spinosaurus Expo
Kaiyodo Tyrannosaurus Expo
Kaiyodo Yi Expo
Kaiyodo Triceratops Megasofubi
Kanna Dinosaur Centre Spinosaurus Expo (with Lepidotes)
Kanna Dinosaur Centre Tsintaosaurus Expo paleontology fundraiser numbered edition
Kanna Dinosaur Centre Tyrannosaurus
Paleo-Creatures Atopodentatus unicus
Paleo-Creatures Deinonychus antirrhopus
Paleo-Creatures Eotyrannus lengi
Paleo-Creatures Europelta carbonensis
Paleo-Creatures Iberomesornis romerali
Paleo-Creatures Koolasuchus cleelandi
Paleo-Creatures Maledictosuchus riclaensis
Paleo-Creatures Pentecopterus decorahensis
Paleo-Creatures Repenomamus giganticus
Paleo-Creatures Saurosuchus galilei
Paleo-Creatures Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
Paleo-Creatures Torvosaurus tanneri
Paleo-Creatures Tullimonstrum gregarium
Paleo-Creatures Xenacanthus sp.
Paleo-Creatures Xenomeryx amidalae
Papo Baryonyx
Papo Kaprosuchus
Papo Velociraptor (feathered)
PNSO mini Allosaurus
PNSO mini Amargasaurus
PNSO mini Ampelosaurus
PNSO mini Ankylosaurus
PNSO mini Archaeopteryx
PNSO mini Confuciusornis
PNSO mini Einiosaurus
PNSO mini Glyphoderma
PNSO mini Himalayasaurus
PNSO mini Kentrosaurus
PNSO mini Kosmoceratops
PNSO mini Majungasaurus
PNSO mini Mamenchisaurus
PNSO mini Miragaia
PNSO mini Nyctosaurus
PNSO mini Olorotitan
PNSO mini Ophthalmosaurus
PNSO mini Ouranosaurus
PNSO mini Proceratosaurus
PNSO mini Spinosaurus
PNSO mini Triceratops
PNSO mini Tuojiangosaurus
PNSO mini Tyrannosaurus
PNSO mini Wuerhosaurus
PNSO Basilosaurus
PNSO Chungkingosaurus
PNSO Euhelopus
PNSO Huanghetitan
PNSO Lufengosaurus
PNSO Mandschurosaurus
PNSO megalodon
PNSO Shantungosaurus
Rebor Compsognathus (with Protolindenia)
Rebor Dimorphodon Punch (crouched, with lizard/sphenodont prey)
Rebor Dimorphodon Judy (flying)
Rebor Stegosaurus juvenile
Rebor Tenontosaurus corpse
Rebor Triceratops juvenile
Rebor Tylosaurus skeleton
Rebor Velociraptor hatchlings
Rebor Velociraptor JP-style baby "Stan"
Recur Alamosaurus
Recur Allosaurus
Recur Apatosaurus
Recur Baryonyx
Recur Brachiosaurus
Recur Carcharodontosaurus
Recur Cryolophosaurus
Recur Deinonychus
Recur Deinosuchus
Recur Edmontonia
Recur Iguanodon
Recur Majungasaurus
Recur Mammuthus
Recur Mosasaurus
Recur Ouranosaurus
Recur Oviraptor
Recur Pachycephalosaurus
Recur Pachyrhinosaurus
Recur Parasaurolophus
Recur Protoceratops
Recur Pteranodon
Recur Quetzalcoatlus
Recur Smilodon
Recur Spinosaurus
Recur Stegosaurus
Recur Styracosaurus
Recur Triceratops
Recur Tyrannosaurus (brown)
Recur Tyrannosaurus (gray)
Recur Tyrannosaurus (green)
Recur Velociraptor
Safari Carcharodontosaurus
Safari Iguanodon
Safari Masiakasaurus
Safari Plesiosuchus
Safari Shunosaurus
Schleich Barapasaurus
Schleich Dilophosaurus
Schleich Dimetrodon
Schleich Dunkleosteus
Schleich Herrerasaurus
Schleich Dimorphodon "small"
Schleich Giganotosaurus "small"
Schleich Saichania "small"
Schleich Therizinosaurus "small"
Schleich Water Hole Puzzle mini Ichthyosaurus
Schleich Water Hole Puzzle mini Mosasaurus
Schleich Water Hole Puzzle mini Quetzalcoatlus
Schleich Water Hole Puzzle mini Spinosaurus
Schleich Marshland Puzzle mini Kentrosaurus
Schleich Marshland Puzzle mini Suchomimus
Schleich Marshland Puzzle mini Triceratops
Schleich Marshland Puzzle mini Velociraptor
Schleich Advent Calendar (Velociraptor, Compsognathus, baby T. rex, cf. Potanichthys, prehistoric frog, ammonites)
Schleich Volcano Playset (Tyrannosaurus, Stegosaurus, frog, fish)
Sideshow Ceratosaurus
Southlands Replicas Thylacoleo
PNSO large vinyl Triceratops
PNSO large vinyl Tyrannosaurus
Rebor Utahraptor baby "Breeze"
Rebor Velociraptor JP-style adult "Winston"

Sim

Thanks for making this poll, Halichoeres!  It looks like it took a lot of work!  Just a couple of things I noticed in the options in the poll:  Apparently, the Kaiyodo CQ therizinosaur is just labelled "Therizinosauridae", and above it in the poll Tambatitanis has a U instead of an I: http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/04/06/dinosaurs-of-japan-capsule-q-museum-by-kaiyodo/  Also, the Rebor mosasaur skeleton is of Tylosaurus: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3649.0

Halichoeres

I was dismayed to find that you cannot copy and paste a pre-made list. You have to enter all the options in separate fields. There is probably a way to automate that, but I don't know it. So I just went ahead and transcribed by hand, so I'm pretty happy with only one typo. Thanks!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Thank you for all the effort you put in, Halichoeres.  It was tough to pick just ten - but an enjoyable and illuminating exercise.  Reviewing the releases reminded me of just what a good year it had been.

BlueKrono

Yes, a big hand for Halichoeres for this formidable list! I always thought it rather silly to be able to pick 10 out of a list of 15. With this array 10 hardly seems enough! That's good though; people ought to be selective in these opinion polls.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Derek.McManus

That list represents an awesome effort...thank you.

Halichoeres

Thanks, guys! It was fun for the most part! @ceratopsian, you're completely right, 2016 was a great dinosaur year.

Looking like a close race...we need more votes!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Killekor

Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Sim

Killekor, it's basically a pointless post if in it you're only saying you voted, especially when you voted yesterday according to the poll. :)

I am surprised more members haven't voted (yet).

PumperKrickel

deleted

BlueKrono

I think it's awesome that Kaiyodo's Yi Qi is currently the front runner. It is a great sculpt, and I didn't know about it until I saw it on this poll. This was actually a species I wanted to make a figure of myself, probably in 1:2 ratio, and I'm surprised it's been done by someone else so quickly.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Killekor

Quote from: Sim on February 06, 2017, 11:13:38 AM
Killekor, it's basically a pointless post if in it you're only saying you voted, especially when you voted yesterday according to the poll. :)

I am surprised more members haven't voted (yet).

Oh! Sorry!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Halichoeres

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on February 06, 2017, 11:28:24 AM
I´m already quite surprised by some results, it will be interesting to see which figure will be in first place in the end. Are we allowed to speculate or not?

I don't see why not! I think this is an appropriate place to discuss one's favorite figures, or speculate which figures you expect to be popular among others.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Halichoeres

I agree that the fact that the PNSO figures became available to most people in the second half of the year may put them at the top of people's minds (we can call it the pull of the recent). Add in that they're objectively strong releases, often of under-represented species, and they should populate several top ten spots.

Simon

The problem with this poll is:

a.  the humongous number of figures, and

b. the fact that NO ONE on this board (probably) has bought even a third of them;

Folks will tend to vote for the figure that they have seen and held in hand (I plead guilty as well).

Personally, I would expect PNSO to dominate as well (I picked 6 PNSOs and 2 Battats, so that left only 2 votes for every other manufacturer - but again, every one of these figures I own), however the fact is that very few people have actually purchased the larger PNSOs, hence they probably will not get near as many votes as they would had every member of the board had the ability to hold and examine all of the figures on this list.

I would expect that the smaller, cheaper, more widely bought figures will get more votes than some of the PNSO beauties that very few have purchased.  We'll see.  I really don't want to comment on specific figures before the voting is over, but it should be obvious which figure should finish #1. (And its not even one that I voted for because I didn't even see it on the list as I voted.)

ceratopsian

Quote from: Simon on February 07, 2017, 04:52:42 AM

b. the fact that NO ONE on this board (probably) has bought even a third of them;

Folks will tend to vote for the figure that they have seen and held in hand (I plead guilty as well).

Personally, I would expect PNSO to dominate as well (I picked 6 PNSOs and 2 Battats, so that left only 2 votes for every other manufacturer - but again, every one of these figures I own), however the fact is that very few people have actually purchased the larger PNSOs, hence they probably will not get near as many votes as they would had every member of the board had the ability to hold and examine all of the figures on this list.

I would expect that the smaller, cheaper, more widely bought figures will get more votes than some of the PNSO beauties that very few have purchased.  We'll see.  I really don't want to comment on specific figures before the voting is over, but it should be obvious which figure should finish #1. (And its not even one that I voted for because I didn't even see it on the list as I voted.)

I totted up my purchases and came up with fractionally over a third of them.  (I'm still fairly new to collecting dinosaurs and hence haven't run out of space yet!)

acro-man

CollectA spinosaurus deluxe/swimming/walking, PNSO duck-ish T-rex are missing here.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

BlueKrono

Halichoeres

ADDED: Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus large vinyl models from PNSO, which became available November 2016. You may change your vote if you want to include either of them.

Thanks for the reminder on the PNSO Trike; see above.

On point a, I don't see how you can do anything but be exhaustive, because people have different criteria. Yours and mine overlap but aren't identical, and I saw plenty of people excited about the Recur Mosa, Quetz, and Deinosuchus (though nobody is voting for them). Anyway I chose "favorite" over "best" for that reason.

Quote from: acro-man on February 07, 2017, 10:15:13 AM
CollectA spinosaurus deluxe/swimming/walking, PNSO duck-ish T-rex are missing here.

The duck-ish rex is included; Wilson is not as he did not become available until January. [EDIT: my mistake, I could swear I had included it. It's on there now.]

BlueKrono

Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to own a figure to vote in an informal poll. People's voting criteria are different. Not everyone goes off of scientific accuracy or meticulous paint application. I vote based on which species I would like to see companies make more of, like Andrewsarchus or marine reptiles. With the exception of PNSO's Himalayasaurus I don't own any of even those from this list, but I will acquire them someday. My vote serves primarily to goad toy producers toward what I look for in figures - 95% of which is species choice.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: