News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

wanted: safari carnegie brachiosaurus 1988 repaint

Started by Jetdin, January 31, 2017, 11:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetdin

hi guys.
i have been looking for this piece for some time and its very hard to find. im looking for the green repaint version. on ebay i can only find the old colours.
anyone here selling and ships worldwide? thank you in advance :-)

stargatedalek

As in lighter green with a darker green back? I might be convinced to part with it, PM me an offer if that's the colour you meant.

(not my photo)

SafariLTDLover

If I understand your question your looking for the 2007 repaint of the 1988 Brachiosaurus, pictured here:

The original Brachiosaurus was a dull purplish, with a yellow underbelly, pictured here:

The model was quickly repainted to a blueish coat with green markings as seen here:

Than the Brachiosaurours was given a touch up, it's posture was altered, the details where made more pronounced and the shinny gloss was removed, seen here: (most models in the Carnegie where also given a touch up with the same general improvements made accost the bored, this was around the time safari changed the plastic they used.)  Finaly the Carnegie Brachiosaurours was repainted in 2007 (along with many other old Carnegie models) before remade in 2012.  Anyway sorry for the lengthy post, I hope this helps in your search.

SafariLTDLover

BlueKrono

Quote from: SafariLTDLover on January 31, 2017, 09:08:21 PM
Anyway sorry for the lengthy post, I hope this helps in your search.

No, that's some really good information. I've been looking for the original color Brachy for years, but I've never seen one for sale.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SafariLTDLover

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 01, 2017, 03:42:22 PM
Quote from: SafariLTDLover on January 31, 2017, 09:08:21 PM
Anyway sorry for the lengthy post, I hope this helps in your search.

No, that's some really good information. I've been looking for the original color Brachy for years, but I've never seen one for sale.

Well I'm happy someone is getting something out of it!  and yes, most of the originals are extremely hard to find aspally since than only ran for about a year before getting their "Classic" paint scheme.  I've seen the stegosaurus, Apatosaurus adult and baby and the Allowsaurs on ebay before, but all of them had a lot of wear.  Interestingly enough the dinosaurs Authentics Habitat Collection set one are based off the original coloration of the respective Adult versions. 

Dinotoy Forum user Seijun has some great pictures of the original Carnegie dinosaur color schemes.   I hope Seijun doesn't mind me posting them, if she does I'll gladly take them down but anyway here they are. 
Whats intresting with this Blue Brachiosaurours is I've heard that it was a European variation very early on in the Carnegie lines life span, it looks like this template would be  used later to create the blue and green classic Carnegie Brachiosaurours paint job.

Again, all photo credits to DinoToy Forum user Seijun.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

amargasaurus cazaui

Seiijun is a lady for the record and does not seem to be active much anymore sadly. She was a dear friend of mine.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jetdin

Quote from: SafariLTDLover on January 31, 2017, 09:17:45 PM
Here, if I was correct about the version you wanted I found one for sale: http://www.totallyanimalstoys.biz/safaricarn-412001.html
thanks for the link. i have tried that website but unfortunately it says they dont sell anything or something for now

Jetdin

im looking for this one

#4120-01: Brachiosaurus (1:40 scale, retired in 2012) - Repaint of #4002-01

yes its the last iteration of the 1988 mold. its much rarer actually then the blue/gray version somehow haha.

Jetdin

that full grey earliest variant of the brachiosaurus ( #402-01 Brachiosaurus) looks really good but it is even rarer because of the very short period of time they released it.

and i have searched this forum for more info about the carnegie 1988 brachiosaurus variants but couldnt find any posts about it. i hope this post can help :-)

i also found a website that describes in detail all the carnegie releases including the brachiosaurus.

check it out guys.

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Carnegie_collection

Jetdin

bidding is so fun hehe.
but dang, i waited for months to see a green carnegie brachiosaurus appear on ebay. i ended up buying from an italian seller on ebay a few days ago albeit a bit pricey because i couldnt hold it anymore haha.
and that one pops up after i already bought one :-(

BlueKrono

Jetdin

if anyone else has any photos of the carnegie brachiosaurus green repaint  please do share here! :-)

Jetdin

im glad to inform the piece has arrived. :-)
and it was pricey because its actually a new piece! im quite suprised because the seller generally described the items he sold as used.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.