You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The return of an old member & friend :)

Started by Tylosaurus, March 15, 2017, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Where to begin, 

Some of you may remember me as Tylosaurus old DTF member and member of DinoWorld from Pilty and STS from Susanne & Roger :)
Well After some time I thought why not send the owner of this forum Dr Adam Smith an email;
Just to see if I could return and if not, no probs at all, I would of accepted his choice this is his place after all  8)

But that was not the case, I was accepted and given a second chance :) So yeah that made more more than "just happy  8)
Also happy to see the place is still running and that everyone is doing well.

Hope to stick around for a lot longer this time, also my great apologies to what I have done here :X
Thus I have returned and have learned from the past, we all gotta move onwards, so lets make the best of things :)

So alongside collecting Dinosaur models I have gotten in to collecting diecast aircraft models Airliners @ 1:200 and Jets at 1:72, this is it so far:

And as dino's go mostly play Primal Carnage Extinction & The Isle with communities I run and that I have joined :)
Kinda been running out of space to add more of them, still have some on my mind like the 2017 Velociraptor for Safari Ltd, love that one.

In the time I wasn't here life went on for my part as well, so for about 5 a 6 years I made my own Dino collecting community at Facebook named it the following:

Info & Collections of Dinosaurs & Minerals:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DinoMinerals/

It's for people that collect Dinosaur toys models paleoarts and minerals.
this is also a place for paleontologists, paleoartists, Dino park owners, Dino & Mineral shop owners, Dino & Mineral forum owners, everything that fits the group is more than welcome.
And now having well over 1420 members does me a great deal, also many members from the DTF do great reviews Suspsy being one of them, great work bud, keep  em coming  8)

Rock on guys 8)

EmperorDinobot

BlueKrono

A pleasure to meet you. I love seeing members' other collections. I'm a huge fan of Curtiss P-40s myself - kind of tie in with dinosaurs with the cool faces nose art. Of the nearly 14,000 that were made only 28 are left, and last week I went on a road trip to visit two of those.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Welcome back. :) It wasn't just my decision, we put it to a vote in the staff room and the majority voted in favour of giving you a second chance.  C:-)

Tylosaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 15, 2017, 10:26:36 PM
Welcome back!
Thank you!  ;D

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 15, 2017, 10:56:02 PM
A pleasure to meet you. I love seeing members' other collections. I'm a huge fan of Curtiss P-40s myself - kind of tie in with dinosaurs with the cool faces nose art. Of the nearly 14,000 that were made only 28 are left, and last week I went on a road trip to visit two of those.
Hey no worries man, Oh make nice pics of those  :o
And I will gladly make a topic of my aircraft collection in the other collections area, I am Gold Leader from the DA.C Forums btw
http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/

Hope to see you around man :)

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 15, 2017, 10:57:56 PM
Welcome back. :) It wasn't just my decision, we put it to a vote in the staff room and the majority voted in favour of giving you a second chance.  C:-)
A good method I must add and thanks to you and your wonderful team for accepting me and for keeping this place going on :)
Love the new layout as well, new forum software or just kept updating it? :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on March 15, 2017, 11:01:45 PM

A good method I must add and thanks to you and your wonderful team for accepting me and for keeping this place going on :)

Same version 2 forum as before - nothing's really changed apart from, perhaps, a few superficial tweaks here and there.

Tylosaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 15, 2017, 11:11:41 PM
Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on March 15, 2017, 11:01:45 PM

Same version 2 forum as before - nothing's really changed apart from, perhaps, a few superficial tweaks here and there.
Ah yeah :) Still looks great works nice and fast too :)

This is what Derp'n is all about, Dino's on Dirtbikes, yeaps we'd do it xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cYUJEz2fJ4
This video was taken from my 24 core Opteron server of course :'D

Pachyrhinosaurus

Glad to see you back. It's always good to see old faces again.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Takama

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on March 15, 2017, 11:17:04 PM
Hah wow been ages I seen you man,as for many here, cool to see you still hang around here Pachyrhinosaurus! \o/ \o/ \o/  8)

Quote from: Takama on March 15, 2017, 11:25:20 PM
Nice to see you back here.   :)
Hey Takama happy to see you back too, I hope you been doing okay lately  8)

Gwangi

Welcome back, it has certainly been a long time but I still remember you.

Patrx

Jose S.M.

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on March 16, 2017, 01:04:39 PM
Welcome back, it has certainly been a long time but I still remember you.
Hey Gwangi, thanks man I remember you as well well partially hah sorry for that tho :X
I hope things been going well with you :)

Quote from: Patrx on March 16, 2017, 02:31:56 PM
Welcome back  :D
Hey man long time no see , hah, wow ya made it to the crew I see, grats man, I know I'm late rofl  8)
Cool to see you have made it that far man :)

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 16, 2017, 03:20:43 PM
Welcome (back) and nice to meet you!
Hey thanks man , always happy to meet new faces  8)

Takama

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on March 15, 2017, 11:39:25 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on March 15, 2017, 11:17:04 PM
Hah wow been ages I seen you man,as for many here, cool to see you still hang around here Pachyrhinosaurus! \o/ \o/ \o/  8)

Quote from: Takama on March 15, 2017, 11:25:20 PM
Nice to see you back here.   :)
Hey Takama happy to see you back too, I hope you been doing okay lately  8)

ITs been rough for me.     My Tastes have changed drmatically over the years. No longer am i the CollectA man.   

Tylosaurus

Well everyone changes Takama, even I did as the aircraft models go, as for dino's, Dromaeosaurs are my favored types, Raptors as some call em :)
Is Sepp still around? I remember her making me this drawing for me five years ago:

Here the Tylo she drew for me from a commission i ordered from her:

And here the little note she added :)

She was a good friend of mine as to many here at the DTF , I hope she is doing great, heck I even wonder how her paleoarts look like nowadays  :o  8)

Takama

A lot of people came and went. Zopteryx just returened but a few have left.       

Tylosaurus

Hmm  a shame to see people leave especially they were ones you knew as good or best friends.
I don't think I remember Zopteryx man, about 3 a 4 years ago I had a heavy concussion, I have forgotten many people I knew or names of things I am supposed to know.. sorry.

Takama

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on March 17, 2017, 04:12:35 AM
Hmm  a shame to see people leave especially they were ones you knew as good or best friends.
I don't think I remember Zopteryx man, about 3 a 4 years ago I had a heavy concussion, I have forgotten many people I knew or names of things I am supposed to know.. sorry.

I just listed him as an example.   Sorry about your concussion.     

I had some medical issues as well that put me in a loony ward for a week.

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Takama on March 17, 2017, 04:56:22 AM
Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on March 17, 2017, 04:12:35 AM

I just listed him as an example.   Sorry about your concussion.     

I had some medical issues as well that put me in a loony ward for a week.
Well you are still the Takama I knew man we all have had our bad rides, just good to see you are still around man.
So instead of doing CollectA What brand do you do now or is it more of a mix of things lately?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: