You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gotta love the 1980's Dinosaur! Hosted by Christopher Reeve (1985)

Started by Tylosaurus, March 16, 2017, 07:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Back in 1985 I remember watching this on TV, even still have it on VHS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYe3r-wH_1s

That VHS Tape still works, sound is a bit wonky, point being this is the first ever Dino related documentary that I found worth watching.
It's that I just stumbled upon that exact documentary on youtube, thought it would be orth showing, I am pretty sure some of you here seen this golden piece as well.

Just sharing a positive awesome memory that is still carved in my very own mind  8)

Gwangi

I grew up watching and re-watching this program. Absolutely loved it. The stop motion by Phil Tippett is brilliant.

Libraraptor

Lanthanotus

Saw this a few months ago for the first time (cause I found it here on DTF), I absolutely love stop motion animated dinosaurs, there's several other very well animations from other documentations ("Muttaburrasaurus" from Aussie 90's tv for example).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on March 16, 2017, 09:21:03 PM
I grew up watching and re-watching this program. Absolutely loved it. The stop motion by Phil Tippett is brilliant.

Same here, I think it aired on the old ( cool ) Disney Channel is where I first saw it, along with the Gary Owens and Eric Boardman Dinosaur Shows .

Tylosaurus

Ahh a lovely bunch of memories, great to see my friends :)
Yet there were many such documentaries, this one my Mr Reeve was the first Dino documentary I ever seen :)
Also I remember that  the stop motion animations were recorded in the garage of Phil Tippett, he did everything himself lighting + special effects,  quite the original touch!

Here his original work it's called Prehistoric Beast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCt8zdMLqyQ

This is still one of the best short films I Seen on how T-Rex haunted the living crap out of it's victims, it may be old but it really shows it well..

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.