News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lanthanotus' Collection of Prehistoric Life

Started by Lanthanotus, March 21, 2017, 05:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

I order from several shops..... the one I got the Iguanodon from was spielzeug-guenstig.de.

Shonisaurus

This iguanodon with its new paint details looks colossal. You have done a job Gorgeus Lanthanotus.  :o

It seems with that giant painting a stuffed dinosaur seems like a detained figure in time is awesome.  8)

Beegfood

Thanks for the answer, I might order something at that shop too....

Bokisaurus

Wow, what striking  colors, nice outfit change :D

Reptilia

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 21, 2018, 05:37:02 PM
Wow, what striking colors, nice outfit change :D

Fixed?  ;)

Lanthanotus

Spent the day out at Rhine river, enjoying the spring sun at the sandy beaches. Got some figures with me to bypass the time until the diorama contest ;)

Kaiyodo Giant Salamander (not a prehistoric animal model, however, a proper reconstruction of let's say Koolasuchus should probably look more like this than the mega head thingy it is usually depicted as)

Schleich Dunkleosteus (not my model, but a loan from my son's friend)

Bullyland Mastodonsaurus (I wish Bullyland would return to this former greatness)

PhilSauria

Great images! I swear that I could hear the Jaws theme in my head as I looked at the Dunk approaching the camera! I have long admired the Bully Mastodonsaurus but this one does not seem to be easy to find, another that looks unlikely to appear on my shelves. Terrific weather over there, heading into greyer weather over here, Autumn taking hold from Summer.

Lanthanotus

Yeah, the Mastodonsaurus is a very rare find, just found one in two years of searching, but I was lucky enough to get the one from the pictures from postsaurischian with a nice trade. One should think, being located in Germany should help tracking Bullylands, but some of them are super rare, in fact I've seen more Invicta Lambeosaurus from German sellers than several Bullylands.

Faelrin

Wow those images of the figures in the water look so natural (even if the Dunkleosteus was a huge creature in life). Great job with them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Mini Minmi

You have a waterproof camera? Sweet! Excellent use of the water, it looks very natural, especially the mastodonsaurus.

Shonisaurus

Thank you Lanthanotus for sharing the pictures.

I congratulate you for the artistic compositions of these figures. They are beautiful, they look like paleoartist paintings and I say it sincerely, it is a work of photographic art.

On the other hand I share the opinion of other members of the forum with regard to Bullyland I would also like to return to the golden age of production of prehistoric animals which includes this mastodonsaurus (the best prehistoric amphibian made to date in my opinion).

Lanthanotus

Thank you all for the kind words :)

Last year I bought a very old book from my childhood. Found it by chance on a fleamarket and read it to my son when he went to sleep two weeks ago. The book contains several descriptions for some handicraft things as a brontosaur made from pipe cleaners. There's also a description in for making a prehistoric marine environment with trilobites (from putty) in a bwol of water and he was eager to make this "experiment". Here's our result, the one trilobite is from CollectA's toob, the other I made several months ago for my son from SuperSculptey. The plants are coontails and spider plant.

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

By the way, Lanthanotus. Do not the prehistoric animals introduced to the water for a long time deteriorate? They are very beautiful prehistoric recreations that give the hit but that I have always asked.

In fact in the Aquarium of Madrid of Gran Vía they had a lot of years ago an aquarium with fish and inside the figure of the elasmosaurus of Carnegie. That's why I ask.

Anyway, the photos are great.

Lanthanotus

Interesting question.... well, the self made trilobite (SuperSculpey, acrylic paint, wire) began to rust, cause I used wire for the antennas. Both figures were covered by a biofilm, so they felt slimy to the touch, but were not harmed. They just were submerged for a few days there.

A few years back my father found an old Bullyland figure of mine while digging in the garden. It laid there in the ground for like 20 years but neither its paint nor its material showed a sign of age or deterioration. Those plastics are real tough ones :)

Jose S.M.

Those Mastodonsaurus photos are great, it looks very realistic, they could've worked as contest entries, the ones where it's semi buried are my favorites, looks like its alive.

Bokisaurus

Nice ones, love them all. Really like the underwater as well as those splash ones! Save some for the contest :D

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 30, 2018, 07:10:12 PM
Nice ones, love them all. Really like the underwater as well as those splash ones! Save some for the contest :D

Hehe thanks, but I got something differnt in my backhand ;)

Lanthanotus

Just today arrived the magnificent Papo Therizinosaurus. As I hear a review is planned for the blog so I won't spoil too much, but that gargantuan and heavy figure is a real feast for the eyes. The level of detail and the subdued but nevertheless striking colorization make this Papo figure a nice mix of the reconstruction of a real animal and the "in your face" style of Papo figures. So I had to take out this beauty and do some shots in the last sunlight of the day....

Peaceful grazing...

... the disturbance

Nimravus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 19, 2018, 08:12:04 PM

Great pictures! I love the one where the Theri is defending himself against the Tarbosaurus (safari Tyranno) and scratching its face!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: