You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NEW Krentz Digital Dinosaur sculpting class!!

Started by krentz, June 25, 2012, 09:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krentz

Since the first class was such a success, I'm going to run another online class on July 7th, 8th, 9th 2012. 
I'll be covering the basics to the advanced.  If you have ever considered jumping into 3D, the program I'll be using is called ZBrush, and is fairly cheap and designed to be as artist friendly as possible.  I was really happy to see the work from absolute beginners after the class.
I'll also include a little tutorial on how to create models for Shapeways and other digital printing sites. 

Here is the link

http://www.visualarium.com/david-krentzs-dinosaur-sculpting-class/#

I had so much fun last time, and Scott Hartman joined me for almost the whole time so there was lots of good dinosaur-geek stuff to keep those on this list informed with all the latest on dinosaur anatomy.

If you have any questions or suggestions let me know!  Hope to see you there. 

D

Joel

I'll be there, even though I don't have Zbrush. Will these classes be online indefinitely like the last ones so I can use it as a reference when I finanlly get Zbrush?

Seijun

Where can I find the previous class that was held, and what is the cost of this upcoming one?

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

krentz

I'll check about the availability of previous classes. I think there is a free 30 day trail of Zbrush at pixologic.com.
D

Joel

Quote from: Seijun on June 26, 2012, 12:36:30 AM
Where can I find the previous class that was held, and what is the cost of this upcoming one?
Here you go Seijun! click

Seijun

Thanks Joel. That looks like the free preview version. I remember it was a prelude to a several-days long series of classes that originally cost something several hundred dollars to attend. Is the longer "class" version available for purchase? And are the upcoming video sessions going to be free or paid? I see now that they are paid ($598). I wish I had the money to attend!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Joel

Well, David, I won't be able to attend this time, but at least your classes available to download so those of us with erratic schedules will be able to watch it on our time. I really want to able to make my own dinos and upload them to Shapeways.

krentz

Due to Comic-Con this week the class has been moved to NEXT WEEKEND July 21st to July 23.

DK

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.