You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cloud the Dinosaur King's Customized Figures

Started by Cloud the Dinosaur King, April 14, 2017, 02:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I am thinking of customizing my Chap Mei Ornithlestes to look more like the one from Dinosaur Revolution. I am already cutting off the parts I am ridding of. Oh, and I will also add feathers similar to the feathers of a Sinosauropteryx.

CrypticPrism

Will you flip the tail over? Because it looks pretty strange uncustomized.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 14, 2017, 03:48:33 AM
Will you flip the tail over? Because it looks pretty strange uncustomized.
I have already cut off the tail and I am going to sculpt on a new, longer one.

CrypticPrism

Oh great. Post pictures to keep us updated please  :D
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 14, 2017, 03:50:50 AM
Oh great. Post pictures to keep us updated please  :D
I am working on the artwork for it so I will post pictures of it when I'm done with it, and if you want to see all of the cuts I have made so far(one more cut is needed) let me know.

CrypticPrism

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 14, 2017, 03:57:11 AM
I'd love to
I'll post the pictures tomorrow ;)

ZoPteryx

Sounds like an interesting build.  You can give the world the Ornitholestes it deserves!  :D

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: ZoPteryx on April 14, 2017, 06:59:34 AM
Sounds like an interesting build.  You can give the world the Ornitholestes it deserves!  :D
I might cast it in the future ;)

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I am starting to work on bulking up the Ornitholestes. I've made a feather "stamp" that I am letting dry overnight so when I'm finished bulking it up I can add on feathers. I wonder how It will turn out. I've never been the best with clay and stuff like that.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I have made a quick prototype and it looks pretty good. I will not paint it or add on feathers or scales and I am leaving it as it is. I just used some cheap kids modeling clay(don't ask me why) and after 16 hours, it is pretty dry and it is falling apart. I have put all of the parts back on and I will keep it on my desk. Here is a quick video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB3PWgex-KI

Ravonium

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 15, 2017, 07:23:16 PM
I have made a quick prototype and it looks pretty good. I will not paint it or add on feathers or scales and I am leaving it as it is. I just used some cheap kids modeling clay(don't ask me why) and after 16 hours, it is pretty dry and it is falling apart. I have put all of the parts back on and I will keep it on my desk. Here is a quick video of it:

Judging by the fact this fell apart, the original, undamaged model looks better than about anything I could do with modelling clay.

Fenestra

Good luck! And most importantly: Have fun!  ;D

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: Ravonium on April 15, 2017, 08:01:38 PM
Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 15, 2017, 07:23:16 PM

Judging by the fact this fell apart, the original, undamaged model looks better than about anything I could do with modelling clay.
It turned out a lot better than I thought it would. And like I said in the video, I am going to start on the actual model probably tomorrow.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I'm calling off the project. I will still be doing an Ornitholestes for my Mesozoic Masterpiece series, but it will be in 1:40 scale and with my Allosaurus attacking a Stegosaurus diorama, running away. It will be removable.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.