News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor 1/35 Crocodylomorpha: Deinosuchus "Meta" and Sarcosuchus "Lica"

Started by joossa, May 16, 2017, 03:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Really, it is a reference to Metallica? There's an "L" missing, it doesn't make any sense. And how Metallica would relate to crocs? Did they ever wrote a song about it?

PumperKrickel

deleted

Reptilia

But it doesn't have a proper sense. There's a lot of awesomebro names to choose among metal bands, they might as well call one "Metallica" and the other one "Slayer", or "Sepultura", or whatever else. Why "Meta" and "Lica" omitting a letter? Did Rebor officially say the names stand for that? If so they are the silliest monikers choosen so far.

PumperKrickel

deleted

ZoPteryx

Glad to see they fixed the head!  This could be the first Rebor I get, but I'll still need to see some photos of the final product, whenever that comes out.

Is the tail intended to be bendable?  I see a distinct break between the tail base and the hips.

joossa

Quote from: ZoPteryx on August 25, 2017, 12:22:18 AM
Is the tail intended to be bendable?  I see a distinct break between the tail base and the hips.

Hasn't been confirmed. They are experimenting more and more with bendy wires, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were bendy.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Reptilia

I hope it won't be bendy or articulated, except for the jaw, otherwise it'll be another pass for me.

Atokensis

I can't wait for this figure to be released! Always wanted a detailed Deinosuchus and/or Sarcosuchus in my collection!

SenSx

Update on this old topic, in case interested people did not know:

Sorry,

I dug the Rebor Facebook a bit,
and apparently their Deinosuchus / Sarcosuchus has been cancelled:

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=762688244166968&set=p.762688244166968&type=3&theater

( Look at the comment from Rebor).

Lets hope other manufacturers like  Nanmu or W-Dragon eventually decide to make one.

Loon

Not much of a loss, I guess. I prefer the Safari Sarcosuchus more, though, I think Deinosuchus is still in need of an update.

SenSx

Well I think it is, no one has even made a 1/35 Sarcosuchus.
The Safari one and even the Papo would not fit in a 1/35 collection  :(

I'd much prefer that over all those overdone Rexs, Spinos and such...

Flaffy

PVC cancelled =/= Vinyl cancelled.
Remember how the 2 crocs were transferred to the GnG line?

Takama

Quote from: SenSx on March 14, 2020, 06:02:01 PM
Well I think it is, no one has even made a 1/35 Sarcosuchus.
The Safari one and even the Papo would not fit in a 1/35 collection  :(

I'd much prefer that over all those overdone Rexs, Spinos and such...

The Safari one is In 1:35 Scale, According to the Sculptor,  It looks a lot smaller for two reasons

1 Paul Sereno's 40 foot estimate is out of date, because a new Scientific paper from March 2019 by Haley O'Brien et al. puts the max TL estimate at 31 feet

2 REBOR Tends to OVERSIZE there models. Just like Almost Every company that gives there models a Scale Ratio these days.

Loon

Since we're talking about this again, can I just say these are some of the worst names Rebor has ever given their figures. Like, if you're gonna give them musically inspired names, why not "Elton" and "Suzie"? I guess that would just make too much sense.

Shonisaurus

I suppose that for Rebor the deinosuchus and sarcosuchus represented a great economic risk and even more so in times of serious economic crisis. I understand Rebor. For Rebor, it is preferable to sacrifice its two prehistoric crocodiles than to sacrifice more profitable figures from a commercial point of view such as the tyrannosaurus and spinosaurus. I understand Rebor. Courage Rebor! The important thing is that we get out of this pandemic and if possible both Rebor and the rest of the toy dinosaur companies and businesses in general survive the economic crisis that is going to unfortunately happen after the passage of this horrible pandemic and the oil war .

blnadal

Meta the Deinosuchus Hatchlings are sold out so yeah this is happening😆

Bread

Glad to see it's happening, but hopefully it won't be a long wait. A lot of releases happening so I may forget this one sadly....

Shonisaurus

I also wish to add to my collection a fully representative deinosuchus and sarcosuchus in my collection, Rebor is the preferred candidate, I am glad that they are planning to make those crocodiles, I see that deinosuchus is projected and I hope that sarcosuchus also enters their plans. I'm very happy about it all.

SenSx

Great !
I hope they won't be oversized though.

I'm using the safari Sarchosuchus and the Safari Aligator as a Deinosuchus in my collection right now.
I wonder how the rebor will look like compare to those.

suspsy

It's nice to see a Deinosuchus with a relatively more accurate skull. Shame that the osteoderms are all wrong, though.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: