News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Interested in SELLING Papo Green Standing Rex

Started by Trilobite, June 23, 2017, 07:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trilobite

Hello folks, I'm a fan of this website's reviews and occasionally poke around the forums here. Thought I join the discussion for this one subject.

I have one of these now-rare fellas, bought retail around 2007. Unsure how to confirm if I have the sought after model but it does have PAPO 2005 on it's underside. No rough use, just chilling on my desk and whatnot. Looks pretty much the same as when I bought it, I count two minor paint blemishes. My thoughts (and questions) are as follows:

I've seen this guy sell for some rather high prices (when I could still find them I saw them going for like $80-$175). As of last night I can't even find any for sale on ebay or elsewhere. I guess that sort of means I've got a monopoly hahaha. I'm not really looking to price gouge, but I would like a fair price for something that is somewhat valuable (and will probably increase in value over time). I'm unsure of its current value or what to list it for, so any appraisals would be appreciated. When I list it, I will likely accept offers as well.

So after a little guidance I will throw her up on ebay. I will probably charge a nominal shipping fee, restricted to the United States, BUT would consider selling worldwide if I can send a custom invoice with slightly higher shipping after the fact (since it would likely be fairly expensive), but I'm not sure if eBay allows this.

Anyway thanks for reading, and I will follow up with the ebay link (and pictures, if desired).

Reptilia

Prices on Ebay and Amazon count very little, since they're all pretty much scalpers. Here (http://www.alexleone.it/Dinosauri/Dinosauro-Papo-Tirannosauro-Rex.html) they sell it for 28 euros (plus shipping), it is new in bag with tags, I bought one just last year and seems like they have a stock of it. If you want to sell yours, which is pre-owned, I suggest you not to overcharge like the aforementioned scalpers do.

postsaurischian

Some Papos have been sold for crazy prices, but none of them (except for the running brown Tyrannosaurus) is rare!
I would immediately sell my original green standing Tyrannosaurus, if someone was willing to pay $175 for it ;D.

Trilobite

Quote from: Reptilia on June 23, 2017, 07:48:20 PM
Prices on Ebay and Amazon count very little, since they're all pretty much scalpers. Here (http://www.alexleone.it/Dinosauri/Dinosauro-Papo-Tirannosauro-Rex.html) they sell it for 28 euros (plus shipping), it is new in bag with tags, I bought one just last year and seems like they have a stock of it. If you want to sell yours, which is pre-owned, I suggest you not to overcharge like the aforementioned scalpers do.

While I did recognize that it was overvalued on ebay, I'm a bit skeptical of that shop selling at the true value. Either the seller is unaware of what he's sitting on or they're knockoffs, but I really really doubt that a figure that has been out of production for years, with people basically cleaning out the stock of online stores before the end of 2012, could be purchased from a the other side of the earth for like $10 more (with shipping) than the currently produced and widespread version (without it being an anomaly, that is).

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 23, 2017, 08:29:11 PM
Some Papos have been sold for crazy prices, but none of them (except for the running brown Tyrannosaurus) is rare!
I would immediately sell my original green standing Tyrannosaurus, if someone was willing to pay $175 for it ;D.

Well that $175 one actually sold if memory serves me right, so maybe you've got a shot   ;)

I already knew $175 was unfair, I really came to hear is what a fair listing price might be, but maybe that's just hard to determine with scalpers and determined buyers.

Reptilia

I can assure it is the original green version they sell, not a knock-off. Since the figure is retired I guess you can ask whatever price you want, I don't think there's an objectively fair price to start with. It all depends on how much money you plan to get from it. Good luck anyway.

BrontoScorpio

Guys, Don't be so hard on him !
It's his right to maximize profit without being called a scalper.
I know prices on eBay can vary much - when I was new on eBay and didn't know better I also fell couple of times to those sellers you are refering to - especially Asian ones.
As for the Papo green standing Rex, If you ask for prices - there are currently 3 offered on eBay :
1. for 25 Euro http://www.ebay.de/itm/FIGURA-PVC-DINOSAURIOS-DINO-T-REX-TYRANNOSAURUS-REX-PAPO-2005-/302186995423?hash=item465bbf9edf:g:ugkAAOSw9GhYbNZ1
2. for 50 GBP http://www.ebay.de/itm/PAPO-Dinosaurs-Original-2005-Green-T-Rex-Tyrannosaurus-toy-figure-/322552595550?hash=item4b19a2045e:g:xNoAAOSw3h1ZPxDc
3. for 20 Euro http://www.ebay.de/itm/FIGURINE-PAPO-PREHISTOIRE-DINOSAURE-T-REX-/272719195077?hash=item3f7f54abc5:g:Q2gAAOSwyltZQo9G
And you could find 15 sold recently : http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_sop=10&_ipg=192&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=papo%20t%20rex&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

However, not all buyers have access to all different ebay sites ( UK, FR , DE ,etc. ) and shipping is also a problem -
so, I guess in Germany you could not sell it over 25 Euros but you would probably get as much as twice or even more in the US.

Good luck

Trilobite

Quote from: Reptilia on June 23, 2017, 09:03:17 PM
I can assure it is the original green version they sell, not a knock-off. Since the figure is retired I guess you can ask whatever price you want, I don't think there's an objectively fair price to start with. It all depends on how much money you plan to get from it. Good luck anyway.

Fair enough, though I can imagine someone scooping up his stock and then trickling them through ebay at higher prices.

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 23, 2017, 11:13:09 PM
However, not all buyers have access to all different ebay sites ( UK, FR , DE ,etc. ) and shipping is also a problem -
so, I guess in Germany you could not sell it over 25 Euros but you would probably get as much as twice or even more in the US.

Good luck

Thanks, appreciate the price grabs. Based on what I'm looking at here I'm thinking of maybe $70 starting +$10 ship. This might seem high BUT:
-It's not too far off considering the different currency rates (most of these other sellers have 25+ euro shipping)
-I'm gonna accept offers which is basically an invitation to pay less anyway

Again thank you. Any point posting my listing here? I'm thinking anyone on this site who wanted one of these has probably found one by now.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.