News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 collection

Started by spinosaurus1, June 24, 2017, 07:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

i believe my collection has grown to a size that makes it worthy of it's own thread now :)

going to start things off with my growing kaiyodo collection these little gems are just amazing.

Lanthanotus

Nice start for a collection thread.... those small Kaiyodos are indeed some figures one can only really appreciate once you had one in your own hands. My first was the Plateosaurus and since I am hooked. That Rex standing on one foot, is it a Dinotales one or some special from an exhibition release or such?

spinosaurus1

thanks. my first dinotales purchase was the tyrannosaurus skull. ever since i tor open the package and observed the model, i knew that this was a brand i want to collect. i am amazed by the quality of these figures despite there size.
the one standing on one foot is the dinotales released. i believe there were two color schemes of this rex offered and this one was the most appealing imo.

i need to get my hands on more PNSO peices. i's pretty neglected atm. that would certainly change as soon as the anounced figures are released :)

spinosaurus1

my recent purchase. Favorite co tyrannosaurus vs triceratops resin piece

Reptilia

Never seen this one, pretty cool.

spinosaurus1

it really is. it's getting pricey nowadays as well. found this guy being sold for a modest price and had to get it while the gettings good :)

now for one of the couple highlights of my collection

Reptilia

No offense to anyone owning this piece, tastes are subjective, but I think that Sideshow did a poor job with their Ceratosaurus. The pose and the base involving two pterosaurs make an interesting concept, but the head sculpt of the Ceratosaurus itself looks very bad to me.

spinosaurus1

of coarse everyone has there own opinions. me personally, i think the sideshow ceratosaurus is a stellar sculpt all around. i really have no complaints with this statue, and i can't get enough of that head sculpt. to each his own though :)

spinosaurus1

Neosodon

There are no visible scales over most of the body so it is actually really accurate.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

spinosaurus1

gotten a few more figures
2014 carnegie tyrannosaurus

safari ltd allosaurus

and my first collectA figure, argintinosaurus

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.