You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Repainted Collecta Diplodocus with custom base

Started by earth108, June 29, 2017, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earth108

Hi guys,

I didn't update for a while. This is my new work. It's a repainted Diplodocus figure from Collecta :)
I really love the pose of this figure so I made a custom base to interact with the pose. I chose a more vibrant tone for sauropod this time. Hope you guys like it! ^-^  Please check the full-size pictures by clicking at the pictures. Feel free to leave comments.

Front and sides of Dippy :)

earth108

earth108

Dippy's face

Dippy's tail

Feet and base details

I hope you guys like it :)

Jose S.M.

I like it a lot! I love the colors and base.

Minmiminime

That's beautiful! A huge improvement on the original. Such precise work.  It really brings out the detail on that tiny wee head :)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

ceratopsian

That is stunningly beautiful. It's so rare to see vibrant colours on a sauropod, so this is a welcome variation. Also it is vibrant without being garish.

ZoPteryx

Huge improvement over the original, great job!  :)

Reptilia

Your repaint really brings out what's good in this figure, especially the head sculpt.

earth108

Lanthanotus

Great work on that paint job... I also like the base... may I ask how you'd craft the tree trunk?

earth108

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 01, 2017, 07:43:58 PM
Great work on that paint job... I also like the base... may I ask how you'd craft the tree trunk?

Thank you Lanthanotus. I made tree trunk by twisting aluminium wires together in a tree shape. I wrapped several layers of masking tape around the wires then I mixed fine sand with white glue. The mixture was applied on the wrapped tree trunk to create textures. Let it dried and painted with acrylic colors. :)

Shonisaurus

He is superior in his painting work to the original diplodocus. The work you have done is a beauty. You are a great artist.

Moodyraptor

Wow, that is stunning.  Really given new life to the figure.

acro-man

Awesome!
I too loved this Collecta Dippy.
Its unusually tiny head is in such a good perspective as if viewed from a distance on the ground.
Your paint just made it look so plausible.
And that accurately propotioned tree adds life to the diorama too.
Good job
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.