News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich: New for 2018

Started by Takama, July 31, 2017, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuqsaurus

Gotta admit it looks kinda cute with those chubby little cheeks.

Faelrin

I think this one has better proportions then their last Carnotaurus? It has four digits this time and non-pronated wrists. Although it still has shrink-wrapping, oversized feet, blunt teeth, and the worst offender being a plagiarized design going against it. The head should be a bit thinner too, but at least it seems a little thinner then the last figure's head.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

If Carnotaurus had the boiled leather armor that Dracula wore in the 1992 movie:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I sincerely acknowledge that the Schleich carnotaurus has faults but we must also affirm that it is the best made by the Schleich company to date. It is not perhaps the best in the market but it is within what is acceptable.

Reptilia

They managed to make a worse take on this animal than the already horrible 2013 version. And yes, there's something about the sculpt and the colour that gives quite an insect vibe. Worst detail is on the snout, looks like the scales are melting down around the nostril area.

(Please, don't associate such a terrible figure to one of my favourite movies ever!)

waste_management

I bought the Dinogorgon quite a while ago and i must say i am really impressed with some of the figures Schleich has to offer in 2018. I love the sculpt on this one but i did not like the paintjob so i gave it a repaint to bring out its details a little more.

IrritatorRaji

Beautiful repaint! If the figure looked even remotely like that I'd have bought it in a heartbeat

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you waste_management the repainting favors the dinogorgon a lot.  8) On the other hand I agree with you this year has been a spectacular year for Schleich in relation to its novelties of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.  :)

Jose S.M.

That looks great, I would have got it if looked like that too.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

that's a beautiful repaint (now its only "imperfection" is the teeth. i bet some of the members here can fix that.)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

The repaint is nice.
Are the teeth soft enought to be reshaped with an exacto knife?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Minmiminime

Wow, that's stunning! It makes it look so much better. This year's Schleich models must be their most customised range by collectors, ever :))
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 14, 2018, 06:56:59 PM
The repaint is nice.
Are the teeth soft enought to be reshaped with an exacto knife?

Chop 'em off and resculpt them. I bet you could soften them with boiling water.

Lanthanotus

tanystropheus

Amazing repaint! You could start a commission business if you haven't already.

Reptilia

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 15, 2018, 12:56:15 AM
You could start a commission business if you haven't already.

Exactly what I was about to suggest. The repaint is superb, and it really shows how Schleich did a great job with this Dinogorgon figure.

spinosaurus1

SidB

So true, Reptilia. The repaint does emphasize the various strong qualities of the sculpt. It's easy to judge the picture by the frame, in this case the original painting job.

Another point, the greater complexity of the repaint, its drawing of the eye to this far greater sophistocation of application, distracts my eyes from my big complaint - the unnecessarily blunted teeth. I still don't like them, but they now don't bother me as much, since my attention keeps getting pulled away from them to the splendid job of painting.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: