News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Steppe Mammoth PVC figure - Coming soon!

Started by Eofauna, August 16, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Which theropods will they be I wonder?
I wouldn't mind seeing any number of them.
Any of Tyrannosaurus rex,Tarbosaurus bataar,Daspletosaurus torosus,Gorgosaurus libratus,Albertosaurus sarcophagus,... (anything else anyone can come up with that I'm forgetting feel free to add here too)
Maybe something from the allosaurid or carcharodontosaurid families:
Allosaurus fragilis
Acrocanthosaurus atokensis
Giganotosaurus carolinii
Mapusaurus roseae
Carcharodontosaurus saharicus itself maybe?
Maybe one of the sinraptoridae?
Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis or
Sinraptor dongi would be nice and fierce looking and be relatively rare too.
Or something from the abelisaurid family like Carnotaurus sastrei.
Other options could be Majungasaurus crenatissimus or Aucasaurus garridoi.
Or how about one of the spinosaurs:
Baryonyx walkeri or Suchomimus tenerensis would be nice to see.
:)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on March 03, 2018, 03:20:06 PM
Nice to hear that someone is finally going to make 1:40 sauropods, in the days where the big brands have pretty much stopped doing so.

Also very nice to know your main focus will be on obscure species. I personally passed on the Steppe Mammoth because for me, one hairy elephant in my collection is enough, and am probably going to pass on the naked elephant as well, but I will probably end up getting most of your obscure dinosaurs, especially your sauropods, since you appear to be the only PVC manufacturer willing to make them in 1:40 scale  :)

I agree that 1:40 sauropods are a very exciting prospect; they are pretty thin on the ground. One of the few things more exciting would be 1:40 rhizodonts!  ;D
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 03, 2018, 08:40:15 PM
Nice to hear that someone is finally going to make 1:40 sauropods, in the days where the big brands have pretty much stopped doing so.

Also very nice to know your main focus will be on obscure species. I personally passed on the Steppe Mammoth because for me, one hairy elephant in my collection is enough, and am probably going to pass on the naked elephant as well, but I will probably end up getting most of your obscure dinosaurs, especially your sauropods, since you appear to be the only PVC manufacturer willing to make them in 1:40 scale  :)

I agree that 1:40 sauropods are a very exciting prospect; they are pretty thin on the ground. One of the few things more exciting would be 1:40 rhizodonts!  ;D

For a second there I read your comment as 1:40 rhizopus and I was like how is that exciting  :))  :o

Shonisaurus

My wish is that Eofauna alternate theropods and sauropods unknown in the toy market with other known or classic. But I sincerely prefer that they focus especially on unknown prehistoric animals in the toy market so far and there are a considerable number of species. :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 04, 2018, 06:09:31 AM

For a second there I read your comment as 1:40 rhizopus and I was like how is that exciting  :))  :o

Ha, just a tangle of string and dirt.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 04, 2018, 06:09:31 AM
For a second there I read your comment as 1:40 rhizopus and I was like how is that exciting  :)) :o

Well, Rhizopus is a fungus, and we do get very little fungal figures from any company  ;)  (OK, but if someone does consider making a fungus, they should go for the 'mushroom' types or, if they really want to be ambitious, a Cordyceps >:D , but not what essentially amounts to yeast or mold.)

One of the few things more exciting would be 1:40 rhizodonts!  ;D

I agree that 1:40 rhizodonts would be pretty exciting as well (but, then again, anything from the Paleozoic era would be exciting  ^-^ )

Jose S.M.

suspsy

I would have preferred P. namadicus, but there can be no question that that is an absolutely superb toy! If EoFauna's dinosaurs are going to be on par with this, then CollectA and Safari have a serious new rival!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

John

Quote from: suspsy on March 05, 2018, 11:57:27 AM
I would have preferred P. namadicus, but there can be no question that that is an absolutely superb toy! If EoFauna's dinosaurs are going to be on par with this, then CollectA and Safari have a serious new rival!
There's no reason to think that their eventual dinosaurs will not be on par with the two prehistoric elephants we've now seen.I would imagine the theropods will be very much like they are illustrated in that Spanish language Theropod Dinosaurs' Records,which means they would knock just about any theropod big or small out of the park. :)
And yes,there does seem to be a serious new rival out there for all the other lines which is only a good thing. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Nanuqsaurus

I love it! :D Can't wait to see more pictures of it from other angles. Definitely gonna get this one though, I've been expanding my prehistoric mammal collection lately.

I don't know a whole lot about (prehistoric) elephants, so can anyone tell me what the weird head shape was for? Just a big brain?

Flaffy

Very nice, the future is bright for Eofauna  ^-^

Reptilia

I was already in love with their steppe mammoth, but this is just the best prehistoric mammal figure I've ever seen, it really looks like one of those super pricey high-end resin models. I just recently claimed that I want to focus on collecting Papo, with only few exceptions, but I have to start collecting Eofauna. I'm sure their dinosaurs will be the best on the market. As I said before, Collecta's accuracy mixed with Papo's fine detail, and you get Eofauna. You can't ask for more.

That said, there should be a specific thread for this new figure. And maybe a Eofauna general discussion too.

SidB

This superb sculpt and the anticipation of new dinosaurs of equal quality helps to assauge my deep disappointment that Battat will not be releasing any more of Dan's glorious creations any time soon, if ever. It's terrifically exciting that someone has entered the market to offer us top-end quality work (I mean accurate) with new energy and the vision to do something different. We should support them to the best of our ability and that support also means offering constructive suggestions within the parameters of their design philosophy.

sauroid

this is the brand everyone's been wanting for a very long time. beautifully detailed and scientifically accurate, and not too expensive (well not on the Safari/CollectA level price range but still not as expensive as those coming from China and Japan during the past few years and quite recently).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Personally I'm glad it's P. antiquus. We mostly get African and Asian elephants so a European elephant is a nice change. I'll probably buy this once Everything Dinosaur picks it up.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

ceratopsian

That is a beautiful and graceful new model. At this rate I might weaken and expand my collecting focus to include prehistoric elephants. As others have said, it is hugely exciting to have such a promising newcomer to compete with Safari and CollectA. I wish Eofauna every success not only in favourable reviews but also in concrete terms of good sales figures.

Shonisaurus

I am very excited with this Palaeoloxodon antiquus. Eofauna has already demonstrated this last year and is in fact a leading company along with other dinosaur companies and recent toy prehistoric animals and is going to suppose a tough competition to other companies that we always know.  ^-^

Honestly it is a work of art and just as I like dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals that is 100% scientific. It is a real luxury to have representatives of Eofauna in our forum. They are great at making figures.  :)

That Palaeoloxodon antiquus for me has a score of 10 out of 10 and I have to emphasize that it seemed that it was made of resin or porcelain because of the detailedness of its figure. 8) I'm surprised with this company.  :o

In two years he has been at the head of prehistoric toy animal companies. These prehistoric toy mammals, even if twenty or thirty years have elapsed since their manufacture, will be a point of reference for every collector and will serve to decorate many work desks not only for collectors but also for scientists and will serve as a guide for decorate museum exhibitions and I think I'm not exaggerating.  8)

sauroid

i just hope they expand to at least two figures a year.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: sauroid on March 05, 2018, 03:14:27 PM
i just hope they expand to at least two figures a year.

Hopefully, I think it's possible since this one is announced early in the year.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: