News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Himmapaan's Haphazard Hoard

Started by Himmapaan, March 14, 2012, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

You seem to have even more figures than I thought! :D I didn't know you have the am/pm set, too!

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on March 20, 2012, 11:06:01 AM
You seem to have even more figures than I thought! :D I didn't know you have the am/pm set, too!
Forgive me, but what is the am/pm set?  :-[ Shamefully enough, with the Kaiyodos, I often have figures whose series names and numbers I never remember or never knew to begin with.  :-X They were often acquired in an odds-and-ends manner.

brontodocus

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on March 20, 2012, 11:26:13 AM
It's here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=149621635097616&set=a.149621565097623.31406.149100965149683&type=3
In your photo the fourth series 1 Tyrannosaurus (from the left) is the am/pm version. :)
Ah, I see! I don't have the rest of the set, sadly.

brontodocus

At least you seem to have all versions of the Series 1 Tyrannosaurus that apparently exist (although there's also a metal version). That's also one more than I have, still missing the special black & white.

Libraraptor

At last Horridus solves the mystery! Wonderful collection, well assorted, and I can´t really see anything haphazard. I´m used to, well let´s say, yet an even more random approach of display ;-)

Horridus

All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

postsaurischian

I guess Libra wanted to write 'Himmapaan' :-\.

Himmapaan

Hehe, I expect Stefan probably did mean to say 'Himmapaan'.

Toyway Walking with Dinosaurs Leaellynasaura. Her name is Parthenope.  ;) I wrote a review of the figure for the blog, too.

brontodocus

Parthenope? I hope this doesn't mean you're forced to put wax into your ears all the time or have your friends tie you to a mast...  ;) Lovely figure and I must confess that somehow I have overlooked your review before. :-[

Lio99

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 14, 2012, 10:50:30 PM
Thank you all!

Quote from: brontodocus on March 14, 2012, 10:18:22 PMAnd may I say, although I'm not collecting resin horses I do understand that you collect them, they are absolutely stunning to say the least.

I'm so glad you think so!

With the reconnaissance out of the way, is it too early to bring out one or two of the big guns?

oh i love the carnotaurus!

thriftstoredragon

Beautiful collection. The white unpainted ones, are they the kind that are printed using the 3D printers?
I hope your horsies don't have dinosaur stomping tendencies.  :P I have a few Breyers myself. ^_^
It's like being licked by kittens, while riding a unicorn through a tickle forest!

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on March 21, 2012, 09:14:53 PM
Parthenope? I hope this doesn't mean you're forced to put wax into your ears all the time or have your friends tie you to a mast...  ;)
Hehe, thankfully, no.  ;D

Quote from: thriftstoredragon on March 22, 2012, 08:30:22 AMThe white unpainted ones, are they the kind that are printed using the 3D printers?
Some of them are (the two little Triceratops, for instance), but some are resins. Were there any in particular you were curious about? :)

Dimetrodon pair: Dahnash the Inpro and Demosthenes the Invicta. They were gifts from Rob (Crackington) and Dr. Adam respectively, given to me at the DTF London Meet-Up last year.  I always think Dahnash looks like the goofy underling to Demosthenes' evil genius. ;D

I also think Helge is right; the Invicta Dimetrodon must still be the most beautiful plastic Dimetrodon to have been produced. If only I had a spare to paint up...

Harukin

What a perfect collection. Oh, and I love your Sideshow Styracosaurus!

Himmapaan

Thank you, Harukin!

Freshly arrived today.

Pretty Utahceratops. There's no other word for it.

Therizinosaurus. If I'm hung up on that awkward right hand, it's only because the rest of it is near-impeccable.

Triceratops carcass. The poor beast.

The Kosmoceratops also arrived with this batch.

I also received the Takara Encyclopaedia set, among which was this feathered T.rex.

Perhaps one of only two feathered T. rex yet made (the other being Safari)?

Tylosaurus

Did T-Rex really have feathers or is that a faint guess? It does make the T-Rex look more interesting heh, nice models man  8)

Himmapaan

It's a speculative depiction. At this stage, there's nothing wrong with depicting T. rex (and indeed other tyrannosaurs) either with or without some kind of fuzz. :)

Though I should like to post a caveat for folks to refrain from making a full-blown discussion of that on this thread, please.  ;D

Tylosaurus

What is a caveat? Sorry I never heard of that word   *orthocone*

Himmapaan

A caution or an explanation to avoid misinterpretation. It's Latin in origin. ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: