News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Himmapaan's Haphazard Hoard

Started by Himmapaan, March 14, 2012, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

After all this time, it took a forum move for me to finally post some collection pictures.

When I said 'just two shelves of dinosaurs' are on display, I really do mean two shelves, not two units, bookcases, etc.  It's all I sadly have room for.

Please forgive the abominable quality of these, they're the best I could manage in the afternoon light. I don't like using flash and my photography skills are severely limited.

Top shelf:

(Observe the incongruity of the two extant ungulates lurking at the back there in the above picture. I told you everything is haphazard.)

Second shelf:

That amorphous flare on the left is a David Silva Styracosaurus resin, still unpainted. Here is a better picture of it. The small things next to it are two David Krentz Shapeways Triceratops.

The Kaiyodosaurs (with one Furuta and one Bandai) share the shelf below with some resin horses.

The rest of the bookcase is occupied by horses. These are perhaps the only in-situ photographs I'll ever post. They probaby represent about 20% of my collection, if not less (not including extant animals and yet more horses). Almost everything else is stored away. I'll continue adding to this thread by posting photographs of individual models as and when whims/opportunities/time will allow.  :)

Lio99

oh look at your running papo t-rex, he looks so evil!

Horridus

Hooray! Finally. My eyes inevitably drift to the ones you painted...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Himmapaan

Quote from: Horridus on March 14, 2012, 07:53:49 PM
My eyes inevitably drift to the ones you painted...

There are only four of them in the pictures at the moment, two of which are in progress. All are teeny, tiny things which only look half decent when they're on their own...  ;D

Oh, correction, five are painted by me; three are in progress. I forgot about the Michael Lovejoy Giganotosaurus, which has been in progress forever.  ::) Will I ever get back to it?

Thundercharge

Very nice! For a limited display you definitely filled it up with some beautiful and well chosen figures!
Quality over quantity in this case  ;)

Click sig for my collection! :)

Gwangi

Beautiful collection, thanks for sharing...finally! It is a shame to don't have the means to display them all but I certainly understand, hopefully someday you'll be able to.

brontodocus

Oh yes!!! :D I was really hoping you'd show us your collection someday - and we all knew all it'd be a phantastic, mind blowing, gorgeous one with so many excellent figures! And may I say, although I'm not collecting resin horses I do understand that you collect them, they are absolutely stunning to say the least.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

Thank you all!

Quote from: brontodocus on March 14, 2012, 10:18:22 PMAnd may I say, although I'm not collecting resin horses I do understand that you collect them, they are absolutely stunning to say the least.

I'm so glad you think so!

With the reconnaissance out of the way, is it too early to bring out one or two of the big guns?

brontodocus

:o Aaaaah! :o Sideshow Styracosaurus & Carnotaurus!!! :o Now you give me a reason to grab out the crying emoticon... :'( ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

DinoLord

Very nice! It's good to finally see a picture of how your collection is displayed.

tyrantqueen

Those horses are lovely...are they breyers?

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on March 14, 2012, 11:05:57 PM
:o Aaaaah! :o Sideshow Styracosaurus & Carnotaurus!!! :o Now you give me a reason to grab out the crying emoticon... :'( ;D

Oh, no! And there I thought my collection could never induce such a thing!

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 15, 2012, 08:50:34 AM
Those horses are lovely...are they breyers?

Of the ones you can see on that shelf, the two on the far left and right are Breyer, but the latter has been custom-painted. The rest are all artists' resins.

stoneage

Your horse's are so big, but your dinosaurs are so small.

Himmapaan

Quote from: stoneage on March 15, 2012, 09:56:27 PM
Your horses are so big, but your dinosaurs are so small.

Incongruous, isn't it? ;D The horses have been creating serious space issues even before I got on to the dinosaurs in earnest. I have others of smaller sizes too, but the ones you see are what model horse collectors call the 'Traditional' scale at 1:12. They take up so much space in a very short time. The dinosaurs were a breeze to find room for in comparison; but no longer!  :(

ZoPteryx

I love how your collection is so well organized!  And your Sideshow pieces are incredible! :o

Dyscrasia

Awesome! And the collections you put on display are really organized well~! The only thing I don't envy is the SSC statues  ;D

arominger

Wow great collection! ;D love the Papo!

Himmapaan

Thank you all! I'm not sure it's that well organised, but I'm happy the illusion is there!

Quote from: Dyscrasia on March 15, 2012, 11:21:13 PMThe only thing I don't envy is the SSC statues  ;D

I think your Sideshow collection is the envy of everyone else on the forum.  ;D

Quote from: arominger on March 16, 2012, 09:00:02 PM
love the Papo!

Which do you mean? There are several Papos there.  ;)

Lio99

Himmapaan

'Away, away! Ill-favoured one!' *

Apologies for the badly focused areas.

*An almond biscuit for anyone who recognises this reference. *Observes tumbleweed roll past*  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: