You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New 1:35 Giganotosaurus PVC figure from China

Started by Simon, September 17, 2017, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

yea vitae just started selling on EBay their special for 125. and i asked about shipping and they are charging 45 for U.S so i guess ill be getting the standard edition. i saw a video on Facebook idk how to link it for everyone who doesn't have a bf but here it is https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1691029497616044&id=777952542257082

Syndicate Bias

, i saw the head close up i don't know but that's terrible, i need more pictures of close up looks tho. i think i might skip it

Carnosaur

Quote from: Simon on December 04, 2017, 05:26:03 PM
Just got an email notice that MHK SHIPPED my Vitae Giganotosaurus ($85 total cost - $55 preorder + $30 shipping - not bad!)

Will post photos as soon as it gets to California!!!

I got a notice with a tracking number too.
Should be arriving soon. :)

KeU

Was thinking, 'Hey, it stands well on its own', while watching that video.
Then I realized that it was because of the clear plastic tray the figure was standing in...

Minmiminime

Ooh I want it, but the shipping price...I could buy a lot of dinosaur models for that alone! $30 I could have gritted my teeth and lived with, but $60?! :o
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Joey

Quote from: KeU on December 04, 2017, 09:56:30 PM
MHHK has been steadily increasing the shipping cost.
It started as $30, went to $40.
Now it's $50.
Well now it's $55!

PhilSauria

Call me a synic but I can't help but wonder if some of these companys are making an extra buck (or ten!) by inflating the shipping costs.

Joey

Quote from: PhilSauria on December 06, 2017, 06:50:06 AM
Call me a synic but I can't help but wonder if some of these companys are making an extra buck (or ten!) by inflating the shipping costs.
I bet they do!  :(

Halichoeres

Quote from: Joey on December 06, 2017, 07:05:34 AM

Yes. The Chinese government subsidizes a lot of outgoing international shipping costs, especially for E-Packet (EMS is probably a different story). Monster House in particular is a notorious gouger.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

KeU

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 06, 2017, 07:12:30 AM
Yes. The Chinese government subsidizes a lot of outgoing international shipping costs, especially for E-Packet (EMS is probably a different story). Monster House in particular is a notorious gouger.
I assume that applies to Hong Kong as well for the subsidies.
I know they do not like to be associated with Mainland China.
Maybe only when there is a benefit.

Halichoeres

Quote from: KeU on December 06, 2017, 01:41:34 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on December 06, 2017, 07:12:30 AM
I assume that applies to Hong Kong as well for the subsidies.
I know they do not like to be associated with Mainland China.
Maybe only when there is a benefit.

I'm actually not sure. It's possible that it's different in Hong Kong.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

In the mail today:

More pictures on the RECENT ACQUISITION thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.9280

KeU

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 12, 2017, 11:09:41 AM
In the mail today:

That was quick.
How are you liking it?
Do you have Wilson for a quick comparison?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: KeU on December 12, 2017, 12:49:03 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 12, 2017, 11:09:41 AM
In the mail today:

1) That was quick.
2) How are you liking it?
3) Do you have Wilson for a quick comparison?

1) I was surprised too about that..
2) Please, see the "Recent Acquisition" thread.
3) Yes I have. I'll try to do some pictures as soon as possible
:)

ceratopsian

Congratulations on the Giganotosaurus. It's interesting to hear your views rather than rely just on the maker's photos.

Simon

Dang!  Beat me to it!  Mine hasn't arrived yet...  :(

edit: Update - Mine has arrived at the USPS facility in San Francisco and is supposed to be delivered to me by this Friday.  ^-^

Minmiminime

It looks like fears for the quality of this piece were unfounded! I'm going to keep everything crossed that a European retailer will take them on, and allay those dreadful shipping costs.

Having said that I'm absolutely gutted that I seem to have missed the PNSO boat, so maybe it's worth just taking the plunge...
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Reptilia

That Giganotosaurus is weird, there's something off in the neck / head area. I prefer the WS version, enough said.

Simon

ITS .... ENORMOUS!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

MUCH LARGER THAN "WILSON" THE TREX!!  ABOUT 1:30 SCALE, IN FACT!!!

THE FINEST OVER-THE-COUNTER PVC DINOSAUR FIGURE EVER MADE.

Think I'm exaggerating?  Take a look at these pics:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: