You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Jurassic Clash" dinosaur action figures by Lanard

Started by Roselaar, September 19, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

Oh ok, in the promo picks it was red around the edges and I was afraid it wasn't in the actual releases.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 09, 2019, 01:05:19 AM
Still no sign of these in Canada. Super interested in getting them if anyone has access I'd be interested in buying them.
avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek my local Walmart has a ton of them, I can ship them to you if you're still interested.

paintingdinos

Ah, lucky. Are they right next to the JPW toys in your Walmart? I'm up to 5 different locations and the Mammoth is the only thing I've seen. All of the others have mostly bare shelves, like they're doing a reset.

Quote from: Loon on January 15, 2019, 01:20:25 AM
Still no sign of these in Canada. Super interested in getting them if anyone has access I'd be interested in buying them.
avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek my local Walmart has a ton of them, I can ship them to you if you're still interested.

SpartanSquat

Loon

Quote from: paintingdinos on January 15, 2019, 02:37:28 AM
Ah, lucky. Are they right next to the JPW toys in your Walmart? I'm up to 5 different locations and the Mammoth is the only thing I've seen. All of the others have mostly bare shelves, like they're doing a reset.
I've seen some next to the JW stuff, but today they were next to, I think, the Ninja turtles. I believe the restock is over on the 14th, so check again around then.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Loon on January 15, 2019, 01:20:25 AM
I'm looking for quite a few of them, depending on the price I might even be looking for duplicates.

Loon

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek I'm going to go to Walmart after class tomorrow, to get the mammoth. I know they had quite a few of the mammoth and triceratops, and there are at least 1 raptor and trimetrodom there. I do remember there being more of those smaller figures, though.

Edit: just checked my receipt for the prices. The triceratops was $14.92, and the smaller figures are $6.97.

Quote from: Brocc21 on January 15, 2019, 01:17:16 AM
Oh ok, in the promo picks it was red around the edges and I was afraid it wasn't in the actual releases.
It's not as pronounced in the actual figure, more lightly-brushed on. But it's still there.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Loon on January 15, 2019, 03:45:55 AM
avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek I'm going to go to Walmart after class tomorrow, to get the mammoth. I know they had quite a few of the mammoth and triceratops, and there are at least 1 raptor and trimetrodom there. I do remember there being more of those smaller figures, though.
I'm most interested in the bird and raptor, and potentially the small pterosaur too. Sending PM.

SBell

I kind of dig that sabre tooth cat... it's high shoulder and sloped back seem more like Homotherium than Smilodon, which is a nice change. Hopefully these appear here eventually

paintingdinos

They finally had them in stock! Nabbed the Sabertooth and the Raptor pack.

These are really neat figures. They're extremely solid... the mammoth is downright heavy by toy standards. Surprisingly detailed and good quality for their price point!

SBell

Quote from: paintingdinos on January 18, 2019, 01:39:22 AM

These are really neat figures. They're extremely solid... the mammoth is downright heavy by toy standards. Surprisingly detailed and good quality for their price point!

I hope you can post a photo, I'd like to see a clearer picture of the cat, to see if I need to track one down!

Brocc21

Does this line have a t.rex yet? If not I'd be surprised.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

paintingdinos

Quote from: SBell on January 18, 2019, 02:54:22 AM
Quote from: paintingdinos on January 18, 2019, 01:39:22 AM

I hope you can post a photo, I'd like to see a clearer picture of the cat, to see if I need to track one down!

avatar_SBell @SBell Happy to help:

In-hand size approximation since I didn't have any other toys around for scale.

SBell

That's one fierce looking cat! The teeth look concerningly pointy for toy... and those are big feet!
In terms of body, it's almost hyena-adjacent, so possibly modelled after Homotherium or Xenosmilus...cool though. I'd pick one up if I saw it in a store

Brocc21

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 18, 2019, 09:32:36 AM
Of course it has:

Well that's disappointing. I know this is a line of toys but the rex just looks tacky tacky and fake.

CityRaptor

Could be worse, given how the counterpart to it looks like:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Brocc21

Raaar im a goarilla bloooorrraar.

suspsy

The gorilla looks completely out of place. Pity.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

If I had to guess I'd say the rex and gorilla were made earlier, perhaps to gauge interest. The style is completely different and they aren't as good quality all around.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: