News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mirificus Studios Poll: Top Marine Reptile?

Started by ZoPteryx, September 22, 2017, 07:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which marine reptile would you like to see added to the Mirificus Studios line of figures?  Please choose eight ( 8 ).

Sinosaurosphargis yunguiensis (Middle Triassic odd turtle-like reptile from China)
Placodus gigas (Middle Triassic walrus-like placodont from Eurasia)
Cyamodus rostratus (Middle Triassic heavily armored placodont from Germany)
Neusticosaurus pusillus (Middle Triassic tiny pachypleurosaur from Europe)
Lariosaurus balsami (Middle Triassic small nothosaur with front flippers from Europe)
Pistosaurus longaevus (Middle Triassic early plesiosaur relative from Europe)
Cryptoclidus eurymerus (Middle Jurassic well known small plesiosaur from England)
Brancasaurus brancai (Early Cretaceous small plesiosaur with long flippers from Germany)
Albertonectes vanderveldei (Late Cretaceous elasmosaur with an extra long neck from Canada)
Zarafasaura oceanis (Late Cretaceous blunt-skulled elasmosaur from Morocco)
Kaiwhekea katiki (Late Cretaceous small-headed aristonectine elasmosaur from New Zealand)
Umoonasaurus demoscyllus (Early Cretaceous leptocleidid plesiosaur with "crests" from Australia)
Mauriciosaurus fernandezi (Late Cretaceous very well preserved polycotylid from Mexico)
Meyerasaurus victor (Early Jurassic very complete rhomaleosaurid from Germany)
Megacephalosaurus eulerti (one of the last pliosaurs from the Late Cretaceous USA)
Luskhan itilensis (Early Cretaceous polycotylid-like pliosaur from Russia)
Hovasaurus boulei (Late Permian enigmatic lizard-like marine reptile from Madagascar)
Endennasaurus acutirostris (Late Triassic "beaked" thalattosaur from Italy)
Xinpusaurus suni (Late Triassic "sword-snouted" thalattosaur from China)
Hupehsuchus nanchangensis (Early Triassic bizarre filter-feeding ichthyosaur relative from China)
Cartorhynchus lenticarpus (Early Triassic suction-feeding ichthyosaur relative from China)
Utatsusaurus hataii (Early Triassic very basal ichthyosaur from Japan and Canada)
Cymbospondylus natans (Middle to Late Triassic large elongate predatory basal ichthyosaur from the Northern Hemisphere)
Thalattoarchon saurophagis (Middle Triassic large macropredatory basal ichthyosaur from the USA)
"Shastasaurus" sikanniensis (Late Triassic giant elongate suction feeding basal ichthyosaur from Canada)
Shonisaurus popularis (Late Triassic giant broad bodied basal ichthyosaur from the USA)
Temnodontosaurus platyodon (Early Jurassic large deep-diving predatory ichthyosaur from Europe)
Eurhinosaurus longirostris (Early Jurassic "sword-nosed" ichthyosaur from Europe)
Stenopterygius quadriscissus (Early Jurassic very well known ichthyosaur from Europe)
Platypterygius kiprijanovi (one of the last ichthyosaurs from the Middle Cretaceous of Russia)
Dolichosaurus longicollis (Late Cretaceous elongate varanid-like marine reptile from England)
Clidastes liodontus (Late Cretaceous slender basal mosasaur from the USA)
Globidens dakotensis (Late Cretaceous shellfish eating mosasaur from the USA)
Plotosaurus bennisoni (Late Cretaceous large fast swimming derived mosasaur from the USA)
Platecarpus tympaniticus (Late Cretaceous well preserved mosasaur from the USA)
Goronyosaurus nigeriensis (Late Cretaceous small coastal crocodile-snouted mosasaur from northern Africa)
Atychodracon megacephalus (Early Jurassic well represented rhomaleosaurid from England)
Thaumatodracon wiedenrothi (Early Jurassic intermediate rhomaleosaurid from England)

ZoPteryx

I hope to use this poll, and others like it, to gauge what types of creatures folks would like to see made for my (hopefully one day available) Mirificus Studios line of figures.  Keep in mind larger species will be made at 1:40 scale, and those smaller than 6 meters/20 feet in life will likely be made at larger scales (1:20, 1:6, 1:2, etc.).  If you want a species not listed here, please write your suggestion in the comments.

Have fun voting!  :D

Reptilia

I picked Shonisaurus, Cryptoclidus and Luskhan, but you left out the most famous ones such as Liopleurodon, Mosasaurus, Tylosaurus, Plesiosaurus, Kronosaurus etc. Was it intentional because you want to make of your line something different and unconventional?

Patrx

I'd like to add in and vote for Atychodracon megacephalus and Thaumatodracon wiedenrothi, two taxa named by our own Dr. Admin! Unfortunately, I seem to have submitted my votes before I was done ticking boxes  :o

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Reptilia on September 22, 2017, 01:29:24 PM
I picked Shonisaurus, Cryptoclidus and Luskhan, but you left out the most famous ones such as Liopleurodon, Mosasaurus, Tylosaurus, Plesiosaurus, Kronosaurus etc. Was it intentional because you want to make of your line something different and unconventional?

This was indeed intentional.  ;)

Quote from: Patrx on September 22, 2017, 03:07:35 PM
I'd like to add in and vote for Atychodracon megacephalus and Thaumatodracon wiedenrothi, two taxa named by our own Dr. Admin! Unfortunately, I seem to have submitted my votes before I was done ticking boxes  :o

Good choices, I'll add them to the poll.  :)  Meyerasaurus victor is another species our admin has named.  There should be an option to remove your votes and revote, but if not, I'll be sure to put you down for those.  ^-^

BlueKrono

Got some good ones here, but Globidens is my favorite. And Megacephalosaurus? F yeah!!!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Joe the Spinosaurus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.