News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Lucky, hopefully the giganotosaurus comes in 2019

dragon53

I agree, I want the Giganotosaurus for 2019.

Shonisaurus

Papo 2019 giganotosaurus would be great, I hope it is still superior to tyrannosaurus and spinosaurus of the same brand and can compete with brands like Vitae, Carnegie and Safari for three examples.

On the other hand the iguanodon of Papo is good but sincerely I like more the iguanodon of Collecta I see it superior. As I claim that Papo's therizinosaurus is superior to that of Collecta, for example, Collecta's iguanodon is superior to Papo's.

Anyway, I like their conservative colors from the Papo brand. In that is one of the aspects apart from how detailed are the figures that I like most about the Papo brand.

Atokensis

Hoping for a Giganotosaurus for 2019 as well.

Minmiminime

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they actually made a Carcharodontosaurus, but it looked more like a Giganotosaurus ;)

But it's definitely high time they had a go at it!!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Giganotosaurus is at an all time high right now. There's a commision based giganotosaurus being made right now by some famous chinese sculptor for 450 dollars on fb, which takes inspirational from jorge blancos. Theres another pwrsom selling a brand new carcharodontosaurus resin kit for 120+shipping on fb that has a neutral stand, shane foulkes has said that hes making a 1/15th scale carcharodontosaurus later this year and now we have PNSO which seems to be alive now so maybe their giganotosaurus will come soon.and ofcourse there's high hopes for papo giganotosaurus next year so there's that.

Reptilia

Papo should make one just for the countless times people expressed their wish for a Giganotosaurus. I'm talking exclusively of this forum's people, then there's Facebook people etc.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Reptilia on May 07, 2018, 08:40:23 PM
Papo should make one just for the countless times people expressed their wish for a Giganotosaurus. I'm talking exclusively of this forum's people, then there's Facebook people etc.

Papo already made

(1) Giganotosaurus mini
(2) Acrocanthosaurus (probably a repurposed Giga)

P.S: If they assign a Giga model to sculptor #2, it will look like the mini  ;)

Reptilia

I suppose that if they'd do a Giganotosaurus the size would be slightly bigger than the Acrocanthosaurus. I would espect it to be at least as big as their Spinosaurus. Popular huge theropods aren't that many, if not Giganotosaurus then what else?

Syndicate Bias

Carcharodontosaurus honestly. Dont think people even know much about carcharodontosaurus despite being discovered much earlier than giganotosaurus

Syndicate Bias

Also.acrocanthosaurus isnt giganotosaurus. And how papo.has designed their acrocanthosaurus its pretty obvious a giganotosaurus from them would look different enough to not confuse people who casually buy them as why one has a sail and the other doesnt.

Mr.Seo already said he was studying the differences between a rex and a giganotosaurus so its almost certain as this forum has also done the same.for the therizino and iguanodon several dozen times on polls and threads and expressed their desires for those two. And their wish came true. The last papo poll showed that iguanodon and therizinosaurus and giganotosaurus were the top three most wanted and carcharodontosaurus falling somewhere in number 4 or 5.

Then basically almost every other brand has released a giganotosaurus since last year, i think papo knows by now its a marketable animal. I think that's enough to show that there's a chance for a giganotosaurus or carcharodontosaurus from papo soon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 08, 2018, 12:42:22 AM
Carcharodontosaurus honestly. Dont think people even know much about carcharodontosaurus despite being discovered much earlier than giganotosaurus

This raises an interesting question: How do you differentiate a Carcharodontosaurus from a Giganotosaurus in toy form? What attributes would need to be highlighted?

For Acro, there was the whole sail issue.

Giganoto would have been even more popular if JP depicted a proper Giga (rather than a chimeric Indominus).

Syndicate Bias

Well the carcha does have its pointier snout and if you see both skulls they are kinda different but similar. The giganotosaurus has been depicted as spiky like the dk version so a carcha could.be like.the spikeless and pointier.snout version of the giganotosaurus. I believe the paint you see on the carcha in my pic is what is most iconic to a carcharodontosaurus

Sim

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 08, 2018, 03:08:28 AM
I believe the paint you see on the carcha in my pic is what is most iconic to a carcharodontosaurus

That colouration is implausible, as the skin over the skull fenestrae has been made a different colour.  Doing this when restoring prehistoric animals is inconsistent with how in extant animals skin over the fenestrae isn't a different colour.

Shonisaurus

Sincerely, carcharodontosaurus is a very underrepresented species if we have the exceptions of Collecta and Safari companies. But honestly, as far as Papo is concerned, I'm going to settle for making a giganotosaurus next year 2019 even if it was the only toy figure that such a company made.

It is a dinosaur very demanded by many members of the DTF and other users like facebook and I sincerely believe that next year the giganotosaurus of Papo will be a reality.

I would very much like a carcharodontosaurus but with Safari and Collecta, as I have already pointed out in the first paragraph, I am quite satisfied. Both are very beautiful and very well achieved.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Sim on May 08, 2018, 12:57:02 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 08, 2018, 03:08:28 AM
I believe the paint you see on the carcha in my pic is what is most iconic to a carcharodontosaurus

That colouration is implausible, as the skin over the skull fenestrae has been made a different colour.  Doing this when restoring prehistoric animals is inconsistent with how in extant animals skin over the fenestrae isn't a different colour.

Its what I've seen most people use its what i was on about.

Sim

Sorry, I realise now it might not have been clear what I meant.  I wasn't doubting what you said, I was just expressing why that colouration looks unrealistic for a living animal.

Dinomike

I wasn't super excited about the therizinosaurus but now that I saw the review video I'm really in love with it! What and awesome sculpt! Poor wallet...:)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

The positive thing in my case of buying the figures of dinosaurs in the Museum Store of Natural Sciences of the brands of Collecta, Papo and Schleich 2018 that I still have left is that they will arrive in the best of cases in October (I have checked the mail of other years) or at best in September or July. Thus I recover economically from the enormous expense that I have made in the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Battat and other beauties that I have bought.

The wait will be more exciting, that's one of the reasons I do not regret waiting and not buying online stores. I save shipping costs.

Minmiminime

Oh, here we go! A review of the Iguanodon by Jurassic Collectables ^-^ ED tweeted earlier that they should have the Wave 2 releases later this week ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOZBL2nSwKQ
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: