News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 29, 2018, 06:04:10 AM
I agree! Now the papo 2019 line up anticipation can commence...

S @Syndicate Bias I'm rooting for that Giga or Carchar almost as hard as you are.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on June 29, 2018, 02:16:10 AM
The Quetz and the Compy both look amazing, way better than their stock images!

As regards the quetzalcoatlus I took it for granted is my favorite figure by the company Papo along with the acrocanthosaurus and therizinosaurus. They are my star figures for me.

Papo's compsognathus is much better than I thought. Better the pictures of the figure of urzeitshop.de than those of the prototype. For me the compsognathus Papo is much better, with difference to the compsognathus of the company Rebor and I say it with all respect for the sculptor. An obrita of art the compsognathus what happens to me is that it is not such an attractive figure despite being an obscure figure because it is not a spectacular dinosaur like the ceraptosidos, therizinosaurs, theropods, thyreoforos to put several examples. In any case rivaled in genius with the compsognathus of Safari to give an example.

Minmiminime

A nice little look at the Computer, shared to me by a long-term Twitter friend:

https://youtu.be/ZiXBqQspruM

I love the fact he uses the phrase "bunny hands" 😹

*COMPY, that should say. Autocorrect on my phone..!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Very nice indeed. Much better than rebors

Shonisaurus

I pass a video of Papo's compsognathus. It is awesome a true wonder. Recommendable. The video is by Rupi Bolz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYrOI0ilmf4

Flaffy

Wow, I take back everything I said about the Compy. It looks AMAZING!  ;D
Strange how they chose such a horrible angle for the promo pic.
Definitely blows Rebor's sad attempt out of the water, one tiny little nitpick I have with the figure is how the teeth are exposed, other than that it's a perfect replica of the compies we saw in TLW.

Faelrin

I think my only issue is the fenestra on the head sculpt being too obvious with the white paint detail on it, but otherwise it looks quite nice, and really close to the JP/JW one. Much more so then Rebor's in both sculpt and paint scheme. Although I'm surprised at how much bigger it is compared to Rebor's (and compared with the other Papo figures).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Minmiminime

It's so life-like! Those bright little eyes... quite a large figure, too!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Mini Minmi

I expected it to be smaller but I do love it. Darn! Another expense!  :P

Syndicate Bias

Unrelated to 2018 thread. When do we start getting leaks from 2019 from papo? Is it early october?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 28, 2018, 07:07:36 PM
It probably is Papo's best pterosaur, but they've always been pretty weak on pterosaurs. Hard pass.

The Tupuxuara is their best pterosaur. And, it is hardly weak. Sure, it is missing pycnofibres but it is modeled after the SS version which is also missing pycnofibres.

Takama

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 30, 2018, 12:45:14 AM
Unrelated to 2018 thread. When do we start getting leaks from 2019 from papo? Is it early october?

No November is when they leak out model pictures (usualy in a Catalog), Official release pictures dont come until December.   

tanystropheus

Quote from: Flaffy on June 29, 2018, 08:28:30 PM
Definitely blows Rebor's sad attempt out of the water, one tiny little nitpick I have with the figure is how the teeth are exposed, other than that it's a perfect replica of the compies we saw in TLW.

Why is REBOR's a sad attempt? It almost looks like the Chronicle Collectible's version but at a fraction of the price plus it comes with a super accurate prehistoric dragonfly. Granted, the Papo version has a more realistic head sculpt and eyes.

Flaffy

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 30, 2018, 03:16:13 AM

Why is REBOR's a sad attempt? It almost looks like the Chronicle Collectible's version but at a fraction of the price plus it comes with a super accurate prehistoric dragonfly. Granted, the Papo version has a more realistic head sculpt and eyes.
The pose is stiff as all hell. The head sculpt is off. Waaaay too glossy. Details are okay-ish but hardly compatible to the Papo one.
And just because something is from Chronicle Collectables, doesn't automatically make it good.

Syndicate Bias

I have to agree. Papo has the better Compy. Rebor's Compy is okay just not as good as papo. I think their completely is one of their weakest models honestly. I'm glad papo made one

Shonisaurus

Papo's compsognathus is perhaps the best of all the dinosaurs of its kind in toy figure. It far exceeds that of the Rebor company, that does not mean it is bad, but the Papo compsognathus is abyssally superior in detail, realism. Your eyes are of an animal are not humanized. Your mouth opens perfectly without problems.

The tripod was something inevitable. By the way, let's hope that Safari makes its own compsognathus and Papo makes his own coelophysis in the future to see which of the two brands makes small dinosaurs more accurate.

IrritatorRaji

As skinny as it is, I have to admit that the Compy is just downright adorable

Reptilia

I don't think that Rebor's compy is particularly bad in its own, in fact I thought it to be pretty good, loose jaw aside. It is just that Papo's is perfect, considering the size and the price range of these little things. Rebor's JP raptors put the original Papo Velociraptor to shame, to be honest, with Compsognathus the roles are reversed. It's great to have a sort of challange between two companies to make the best JP figures, since I don't have money and space to collect statues, and I'm not into toys anymore.

On the Papo Compsognathus, it looks amazing, the promo shot didn't do this little fella justice at all. It is incredible how 2018's Papo line-up turned out to be so good, leaving out the Amargasaurus and the juvenile Spinosaurus I think all the rest is simply outstanding. I'm sure 2019 will bring more masterpieces!

Syndicate Bias

tanystropheus

Quote from: Flaffy on June 30, 2018, 04:06:48 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 30, 2018, 03:16:13 AM

The pose is stiff as all hell. The head sculpt is off. Waaaay too glossy. Details are okay-ish but hardly compatible to the Papo one.
And just because something is from Chronicle Collectables, doesn't automatically make it good.

Fair enough. Now that you mention it, I totally agree with your perspective.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: