News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the photos and for sharing Syndicate Bias. Compsognathus is majestic and immensely sincerely the best compsognathus made by a toy dinosaur company, of the traditional brands I mean. It is superior to other compsognathus, although it must also be said that Papo's velociraptor is much less bright than that of other companies in return.

What I like most about his perfectly articulated and realistic jaw, his eyes that give him the appearance of an animal is a dinosaur fortunately without humanized eyes, for me very realistic. Apart from that it is a gigantic figure for what was that dinosaur and compared with other traditional toy dinosaur companies.

As always its details are impressive, it does not look small in front of the quetzalcoatlus and acrocanthosaurus of Papo.

Incidentally, the quetzalcoatlus is a real work of art my favorite pterosaur in relation to the company Papo, even more than the tupuxuara and obviously the dimorphodon is eclipsed by such beauty. Quite certainly among the pterosaurs of Papo the weakest is the pteranodon but we must bear in mind that thirteen years have passed since the figure was made.

The acrocanthosaurus is great. I am amazed at how an outstanding dinosaur figure can be transformed into a case of honorary registration but questioned by his painting, in this case the acrocanthosaurus by Papo with this masterpiece of "makeup". As I say the aesthetic arrangements in objects as a simple toy as in people (gym or makeup) make true "miracles."

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 30, 2018, 09:47:34 PM
(..) Compsognathus is majestic and immensely sincerely the best compsognathus made by a toy dinosaur company, of the traditional brands I mean. It is superior to other compsognathus, (..)

..just a reminder: Papo Compsognathus is a Jurassic Park / Jurassic World replica (with pronated hands)..
The real animal probably was like this:

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 01, 2018, 10:24:09 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 30, 2018, 09:47:34 PM
(..) Compsognathus is majestic and immensely sincerely the best compsognathus made by a toy dinosaur company, of the traditional brands I mean. It is superior to other compsognathus, (..)

..just a reminder: Papo Compsognathus is a Jurassic Park / Jurassic World replica (with pronated hands)..
The real animal probably was like this:

Of course avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow

Totally agree with you Robin, Papo's compsognathus is JP / JW but I mean the popular brands like Schleich and Rebor compared to these Papo's compsognathus is obviously superior to the other two brands, in size, realism and detail although it is true that it should be a feathered dinosaur like Safari's coelophysis and anatomical details like the head are not obviously scientific but it falls within the philosophy and artistic license of Papo as we all know.

tanystropheus

So the real animal looks like WS Coelophysis...?

Halichoeres

It would be nice if somebody made a Compsognathus like the one in the painting. Papo's is the nicest JP style one, but...I don't want a JP style one.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

Yes, unfortunately, there aren't many good options for fans of compsognathids. Kaiyodo and PNSO both made Sinosauropteryx, but both toys are tiny and the Kaiyodo rendition is a little outdated.
Unfortunately, this Papo toy really only works as a replica of a creature from a twenty-one-year old movie, and unless my memory fails me, that creature only had two fingers per hand, not three.

Syndicate Bias

Speaking of smaller figures i wish someone would do a coelophysis

Patrx

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on July 01, 2018, 06:19:26 PM
I fully recommend the recently-mentioned Wild Safari Coelophysis!

Shonisaurus

A compsognathus made by Safari would be fabulous, especially when all its figures are totally scientific apart from being ideal especially for those who are collectors are ideal for children.

In any case Papo's compsognathus is a masterpiece within the Papo company and I am very excited about this new figure. The initial promotional image does not do it any justice. The real figure is better than the figure of promotion that they took out in 2017.

In any case the compsognathus would actually be feathered as is the sciurumimus to give an example.
Dinosaurs do not cease to be ancestors and relatives of birds.

Reptilia

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on July 01, 2018, 06:19:26 PM

I bet a Papo Coelophysis would be top notch!

Shadowknight1

I want Papo to do Stygimoloch, they'd do great!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 01, 2018, 09:21:38 PM

Papo would do an exceptional Stygimoloch or Dracorex. Their Pachyceph was a generation 1 model and Papo has improved exponentially since launching their dinosaur line. I'm surprised that the company stopped making ceratopsians.

tanystropheus

Jose S.M.

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 01, 2018, 09:31:52 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 01, 2018, 09:21:38 PM

Papo would do an exceptional Stygimoloch or Dracorex. Their Pachyceph was a generation 1 model and Papo has improved exponentially since launching their dinosaur line. I'm surprised that the company stopped making ceratopsians.

Stygimoloch and Sinoceratops would be good choices to combine beautiful sculpts, decent accuracy and popular culture reference, all points Papo could do great.

Syndicate Bias

I think they need to redo their t rex and Spinosaurus. If Rebor is offering both a jp one and a modern one why not?

Honestly i hope they redo alot of their first dinos like their allosaurus needs to have no pronated arms and such.

Other than that me hopes for a Carcharodontosaurus or Giganotosaurus from them in 2019. But if not then i can't wait either way for what they have in store for us

Blade-of-the-Moon

Amazon still hasnt processed my order, think I'm going to cancel for now.

Faelrin

I'd be totally on board for Papo to do a Dracorex or Stygimoloch (even if those might be juvenile Pachycephalosaurus). I'm a little more biased towards Dracorex just because they could pull off a really nice dragon-like one (in the head). Of course JWFK has made me interested in Stygimoloch now as well.

Edit: Also models of pachycephalosaurids outside of Pachycephalosaurus (adult at least) are few and far between except the Safari Ltd and CollectA Dracorex.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DragonRider02

Anyone knows when Quetzalcoatlus will be avaiable at EverythingDinosaur?

Acro's comics

Quote from: DragonRider02 on July 04, 2018, 02:25:42 PM
Anyone knows when Quetzalcoatlus will be avaiable at EverythingDinosaur?

Presumably well after everyone else has them in stock. ED always seem to be last to the party  :( :( :(

Syndicate Bias

That's actually Dan's Dinosaurs i don't think they even have the therizinosaurus and iguanodon yet or the Amargasaurus and baby spino id have to check!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: