News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsTwentyBelow

You know, I kind of like both the Iguanodon and Therizinosaurus! I need to see the Iguanodon from a few more angles, but it kind of reminds me of Bruton from Dinosaur lol.

I think the Therizinosaurus looks cool, more interesting than the CollectA. It was a decidedly oddly proportioned animal to behold in life as well, I'm sure.

Hmm that Amargasaurus is incredibly crude. Definitely a different sculptor.

It would be really cool if someone put the effort into creating a line of authentic extinct hominin figures, better than the Bullylands.

Albertosaurus

Both the Iguanodon and the Therizinosaurus are fantastic in my opinion. About the weird Theri body, the same thing happened with the baryonyx. In the promo picture it looked really weird.

stargatedalek

Theri's legs are placed to far back on the torso, but I think it's still pretty cool. Glad I put off getting the Schleich one, this is clearly the superior monster-theri.

Iguanodon is based on the Disney one (ofc it is), but I guess if there was gonna be a year for an Iguanodon folks can pass by...

Bokisaurus

Well well. Not really excited about any of these new figures. The Iguanodon looks weird, body looks to short and plump, and what is going on with the head, particularly the eyes? Remind me so much of a death pose ;D Amarga, well it's GEoworld class :))
Surprisingly, I actually really like this version of Therizinosaurus. It looks cool and weird as it should be. It would make a nice companion to CollectA's large one.

Shonisaurus

In short, despite the criticism that is being made towards the figures of iguanodon and therizonosaurus (I am not understood but a simple ignorant of paleontology independently of what I like as I have already pointed out several times) my impressions on the new figures are the following:

The spinosaurus breeding which I have thanks to everythingdinosaus is a pretty detailed figure and is a juvenile version of the adult spinosaurus. Obviously it is based on Jurassic Park but I do not dislike it.

The iguanodon reminds me of the Disney movie but more detailed and improved I like it in general although I dislike the articulated jaw (and more in a herbivorous dinosaur). I like the Collecta figure more than a simple opinion, but that does not mean that it is a very detailed figure and that it does not disappoint me. He is a more than decent figure.

On the other hand therizinosaurus reminds me of a mixture of giant sloth (megatherium) and dinosaur, dignified figure and cool but that is marked by Papo's patterns and philosophy that we have to respect. He is seen as a paunchy figure but honestly I think he is a pretty good figure. I do not understand how much member of the forum dislikes that figure. And the same thing that I have mentioned about the iguanodon I do not like dinosaurs and more in herbivores the articulated jaws, which have carnivores I understand but I do not share it but the herbivores with all the respect for Papo does not make me very funny, for me That is too much, although it is part of the way of being of that company.

I admit that the articulated jaws were opened by the company PNSO (unfortunately disappeared) in the herbivorous dinosaurs but it is also true that their triceratops jaw is always stable (at least in my figure) which does not happen with Papo's dinosaurs or Rebor Or you have to close your manbĂ­bulas or if you open them for any unforeseen, cleaning shelves, falls for example they close and end up diluting said articulated limbs and weakening giving of himself. Sincerely I stay with the herbivores of Collecta or Safari regardless of how great they are or can be the herbivores of Papo the facts and those that are going to make.

Finishing the amargasaurus is sincerely the figure that disappoints me, perhaps seeing it physically my perception of that figure would change, but I have to admit that it is not the same as the acrocanthosaurus of the same factory or more directly the apatosaurus and brachiosaurus (good and elegant figures). As the members of the forum have already pointed out, it seems to me a figure made by another sculptor and unfortunately lacking in details and the grace that characterizes the company Papo and its philosophy in making certain figures of dinosaurs.

The Neanderthal prehistoric man repainted obviously I'm not going to buy it I'll take the original. Sincerely the human evolution, that is to say of our species is the part of the paleontology that less interests to me without that it means that it is with all security the most important part since it illustrates the life of our ancestors from humble monkeys to the current man. But it does not stop being a human being that exists in abundance at present (for now).

KeU

Still no Giganotosaurus!!

Also, the reveal is really early this year....

Shonisaurus

I understand that companies by mimicry and outside competition are acting in a synchronized way, that is, revealing their figures little by little, to give more emotion to the matter and I suppose to avoid industrial piracy.

I would like a very nice giganotosaurus both from Papo and from Collecta.

On the other hand I observe that the strategy that each company has in revealing its figures varies annually or periodically as it is happening in these years.

suspsy

I'm surprised there's no repaint for 2018. I thought for sure we'd see either the Triceratops or the Stegosaurus in a bright new colour scheme.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Loon

That Therizinosaur looks like some weird deviantart fetish thing...

Also, the iguanodon looks neat, but is given some real early 2000s vibes to me, reminds of Disney's Dinosaur, and the less I'm reminded of that, the better.

Lanthanotus

Hmm,....

Amargasaurus.... all points to Safari!
Iguanodon .... all points to CollectA!
Spinosaurus .... meh!
Therizinosaurus .... I really like that one... not for its pose or mean look, but the head looks decent enough and the swollen belly makes it look very natural to me (though other aspects of it sure do not), so I'll get it for its potential of being a great base for a customization.

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on November 13, 2017, 07:36:18 PM
That Therizinosaur looks like some weird deviantart fetish thing...

Very good way to think of it.

In all seriousness, I'm actually glad that this thing isn't a DeviantArt fetish yet. If it was, then I would leave this community for good.

tyrantqueen

QuoteThat Therizinosaur looks like some weird deviantart fetish thing...

Oh God, I'm sad to say I spent enough of my teen years on DeviantART to know exactly what you're referring to...that stuff pops up when you least expect it.

Halichoeres

I probably would've been after that Iguanodon if CollectA hadn't made me fall in love with theirs. On the fence on the Therizinosaurus. The rest are an easy pass. We got the reveals in two batches last year, didn't we? Could be there's more up their sleeve.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Quote from: Ravonium on November 13, 2017, 07:44:24 PM
In all seriousness, I'm actually glad that this thing isn't a Deviantart fetish yet. If it was, then I would leave this community for good.
Best start packing. Took me 10 seconds to find it, I'm not going to post it, but......yeahhhh......

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on November 13, 2017, 07:58:21 PM
Best start packing. Took me 10 seconds to find it, I'm not going to post it, but......yeahhhh......

I think I've found it too. Well bye everyone.

Well looking at it, at least it doesn't look like something anyone on the forum would draw, so it looks like I'm going to stay.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 13, 2017, 07:44:45 PM

Oh God, I'm sad to say I spent enough of my teen years on DeviantART to know exactly what you're referring to...that stuff pops up when you least expect it.

Type in beipiaosaurus on DA, and you get it? (Looks like some Land before time Fan art)

OR am i thinking of Somthing Totaly diffrent?

Faelrin

I'm thinking there's more as well. I'm glad to see these so early though. It will help me with deciding on figures for the holiday and the year. Now I just need to wait for the rest of CollectA's releases, and then Papo's, if they have any left to show. At least Safari LTD seems to have revealed the rest of their releases for 2018, or at least I'm guessing they did.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on November 13, 2017, 06:06:54 PM
It would be really cool if someone put the effort into creating a line of authentic extinct hominin figures, better than the Bullylands.
Yes. Please. Now. Geez, companies seem so shy about making extinct hominids, you'd think they were run by Creationists.

I would honestly dig a line of small army men sized hominids, coming in like a set per species, with varying sexes, ages, and poses for each figure. Maybe they could have little playsets since they'd be so small......but dreams do not come true.

Ravonium

Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2017, 08:02:42 PM
Type in beipiaosaurus on DA, and you get it? (Looks like some Land before time Fan art)

Yes, you can indeed find it that way (Not that I would recommend that anyone reading this tries to look at it).

What's worse is, although it is pretty clear from the drawing that the art is a DeviantArt fetish, it isn't classed as mature content.

Loon

Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2017, 08:02:42 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 13, 2017, 07:44:45 PM

Type in "pregnant Therizinosaur deviantart" on the googles, go down a bit, and get the noose ready.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: