News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Now taking preorders on the Paraceratherium

Started by s.foulkes, July 13, 2012, 08:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s.foulkes

Paraceratherium in 1/15th scale is ready and all that is needed to get mold work done is 3 preorders and as of yesterday i have 1 so 2 more to go . email me at [email protected] David Crider is getting casting number 1!
Micha Kampa is getting casting number 2!

[attachment msg=13954][/attachment]
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

RKM

Oh yeah I definitely want one, I used the Email link but just in case that didn't work my email address is [email protected]
Cheers  ;D

Seijun

Can I just buy the head? I bet that's all I could afford ;D
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Joel

Man, I'm really torn up about this. For one thing, I absolutely love your work Shane, and you're my favorite paleoartist,  so I want to have everything you make. On the other hand, I'm really not into mammals. I figure there may be more people who would want to have this more than me, so I'll let them have a chance at it. However, if you need more people to finish off the orders, let me know and I'll get one!

s.foulkes

Joel i know your a dino dude but consider this, having the largest land mammal ever standing next to my dinosaurs in your collection will be a great display and give persective to those looking at them. I will keep you posted on the casting numbers.

s.foulkes

Quote from: RKM on July 14, 2012, 07:18:36 PM

Oh yeah I definitely want one, I used the Email link but just in case that didn't work my email address is [email protected]
Cheers  ;D

Your casting number 3 Russell!

s.foulkes

Quote from: Seijun on July 14, 2012, 08:31:56 PM

Sorry my friend , if this was my product i would be glad to sell just the head (you can do this on my products anytime)but this is a commish for someone and it has limited numbered castings allowed of 25 only so i cant sell parts in this case. Same thing on the Sideshow collectibles cant order just a part off those either. email me if you would like to order something from me in the future though.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: s.foulkes on July 15, 2012, 05:52:00 PM

Sorry my friend , if this was my product i would be glad to sell just the head (you can do this on my products anytime)but this is a commish for someone and it has limited numbered castings allowed of 25 only so i cant sell parts in this case. Same thing on the Sideshow collectibles cant order just a part off those either. email me if you would like to order something from me in the future though.
May I suggest making another Paraceratherium model that is not a commision, and is therefore not a limited release like this one, and  is in 1/25 scale? There is no way I will be able to afford or fit this one, but I really want it.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

caspakian

Hey Shane, any chance of putting this creature right next to your T. Rex and snapping a picture to post? If you have not sent it off to be cast already....

Bokisaurus

s.foulkes

Quote from: Yutyrannus on July 15, 2012, 07:08:49 PM
Quote from: s.foulkes on July 15, 2012, 05:52:00 PM

May I suggest making another Paraceratherium model that is not a commision, and is therefore not a limited release like this one, and  is in 1/25 scale? There is no way I will be able to afford or fit this one, but I really want it.

Well being that it took me over  a year to make this one and i am booked for the rest of the year on Commissions let alone still making models of my own for my line up and my painting and build up services, No i wont be just making another one. Its not so simple as it may sound to some. For those who dont make models for a living understand that there is not only the time it takes to make them but the expense to pay for the molding and material is also pricey. If people could see from start to finish what goes into all this then i think it would give a whole new impression to those that see it.

s.foulkes

The price on this huge model 15.5"tall by 29.5" long is 420 preorder cost, retail once molded may be more but this price does include shipping. here is a pic of it next to my other very large models.

[attachment msg=14213][/attachment]

RKM

Quote from: s.foulkes on July 15, 2012, 05:47:32 PM
Quote from: RKM on July 14, 2012, 07:18:36 PM

Cheers  ;D

Your casting number 3 Russell!
:) 3 that's the magic number!

RKM

Quote from: s.foulkes on July 15, 2012, 05:46:12 PM
Joel i know your a dino dude but consider this, having the largest land mammal ever standing next to my dinosaurs in your collection will be a great display and give persective to those looking at them. I will keep you posted on the casting numbers.
A Mammal it may be, but WHAT a mammal! It's a bona fide Rhinosaurus rex, that's what it is! :))

caspakian

Thanks for taking the time to pose the Para against the dinos Shane. Now that is what I call a picture. I don't know how some scientist can estimate the weight of the Apatosaurus at close to twice the weight of the Para????

Joel

Quote from: caspakian on July 17, 2012, 05:58:45 AM
Thanks for taking the time to pose the Para against the dinos Shane. Now that is what I call a picture. I don't know how some scientist can estimate the weight of the Apatasaurus at close to twice the weight of the Para????
If Shane takes another photo with the Tyrannosaurus out of the way, then you will see.  ;)

caspakian

I would like to see an experiment by someone putting these two highly accurate replicas in a tank and doing the water displacement thing. I looked up Apatosaurus on Wikipedia and some scientist estimate the weight at around 44 tons (real close to the estimate of the Paraceratherium) and some estimate the Apatosaurus at over 70 tons. I have a copy of Shane's Apatosaurus, so I know how big it is. I think the estimate around 44 tons is a lot closer to being right. I may be wrong, but I can't wait to get the Para and put it right next to the Apatosaurus for an up close comparison. Since my Apatosaurus is not painted yet, I may just do the water experiment myself.

s.foulkes

Apatosaurus was between 25 and 35 tons depending on the specimen, Paracera was estimated at 15 to 20 tons and when you see them together 30 tons for apato seems heavy to me when compared to paracera but it also depends on who is fleshing out the mammal, i went on the heavy side to match the 15 -20 ton mark for paracera and my apatosaur on on the lighter side so yes they are some what close. When you look at them with a dorsal view you can see that Apato is wider and also deeper in the mail body but its the tail mass that adds the weight to apato the long neck may be lightened by airsacks in the vertibrea of apato but still is much more mass to it then Paracera. There is more muscle on the legs of paracera than apato but apato has larger femur diameter than paracera for weight support. hope this helps.gotta go.

ataraxus

boah, what a breathingtaking beast. Horst is weird  :o

s.foulkes

some more pics just for fun.

[attachment msg=14317][/attachment]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: