You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which creature do you wish for a company to make or remake at some point?

Started by Faelrin, November 18, 2017, 04:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I've mentioned a number of times of what I'd like to see made in the Safari LTD 2018 thread, but it was really only for that company. Seeing how the discussion was going there, I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread for any company really, and not just want I want to see Safari Ltd make. I know there's the 2018 hopes and dreams thread, but the 2018 releases are pretty much known at this point so it might be good to have a thread for what we desire for 2019 figures, or after.

To start off I'd like to see Safari Ltd's take on the following:
A remade Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Mosasaurus. I'd also like to see a Carnotaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Kentrosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Protoceratops, Styracosaurus, and a Deinonychus or Utahraptor (or both). Edit: A new Pteranodon, and a Pachycephalosaurus would also be good.

CollectA:
A remade Utahraptor. Anything else goes (aka surprise me). Edit: Maybe a Thescelosaurus?

Papo:
A feathered Deinonychus or Utahraptor. Giganotosaurus, Kentrosaurus, and a Mosasaurus. Maybe a Dunkleosteus.

Schleich:
A remade Styracosaurus to fit in with their newer Triceratops, and the Pentaceratops, otherwise anything else goes.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

From Safari I would like to see another obscure ornithopod, like their outstanding Gryposaurus. Something like Lambeosaurus or Shantungosaurus. Also any dromeosaur and ceratopsian.

I want Collecta to make a dromeosaur and some sauropods.

From Papo I would like to see a new ceratopsian and some small sauropod.

Loon

I am offended by the utter lack of decent ornithomimosaurs, a couple Deinocheirus ain't good enough! I need those weird ostrich monsters!

Joey

Quote from: Loon on November 18, 2017, 04:47:42 AM
I am offended by the utter lack of decent ornithomimosaurs, a couple Deinocheirus ain't good enough! I need those weird ostrich monsters!
With Ostrich colors!

Loon

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on November 18, 2017, 05:06:54 AM
With Ostrich colors!

Get on it, Safari!"

Ravonium

These people above me are offended by a lack of dinosaurs named after shaggy feathered birds whose eyes are larger than their brains, but I am offended by the lack of many prehistoric genera, especially by the lack of the following:
Armadillosuchus arrudai (the one on this list I want the most)
Vegavis iaai
Volaticotherium antiquum
Yi qi
Buriolestes schultzi
Phosphorosaurus ponpetelegans
Liaoningosaurus paradoxus
Borealopelta markmitchelli
Shuvuuia deserti
Balaur bondoc
Halszkaraptor escuilliei
Patagopteyx deferrariisi
Kulindadromeus zaibaikalicus

(Yeah, quite a lot of hard-to-pronounce names. I am fully aware of that.)

Shonisaurus

I would like them to one day make an elasmotherium or a teleoceras since they are similar to the woolly rhinoceros (coelodonta antiquitatis) and I do not think they would pose a risk to any company.

I would also like you to reissue a paraceratherium, for example, the brand Collecta.

On the other hand (in this case I do not care about a particular company) I would like an anchiceratops, chasmosaurus, arrhinoceratops, centrosaurus or protoceratops, preferably the companies Schleich, Papo, Safari or Collecta. They are animals whose remains are generally well conserved and I think they should have a larger capacity in the market of toy dinosaurs.

Scheich could do a reissue of pentaceratops and styracosaurus.

Regarding Safari, I would like that one day Doug Watson (for example) since he is the most suitable to make ceraptodoses, he would make a kosmoceratops, albertoceratops, xenoceratops and a sinoceratops. Although some existing figures in the toy market are still very rare and deserve to have a brilliant representation in a company like Safari.

The moa, the elephant bird of Madagascar could do companies like Safari, Collecta or even Papo.

Lastly, I would like to see tyrannosauroids such as gorgosaurus, albertosaurus, daspletosaurus, tarbosaurus and alioramus better represented. I understand that any company especially Safari and Collecta could make such creatures and would not cost them anything, but on the contrary, many gains since they are similar to the tyrannosaurus rex that has so many sales successes in the market.

Loon

Quote from: Ravonium on November 18, 2017, 09:09:16 AM
These people above me are offended by a lack of dinosaurs named after shaggy feathered birds whose eyes are larger than their brains, but I am offended by the lack of Armadillosuchus arrudai, Vegavis iaai, Volaticotherium antiquum, Yi qi, Buriolestes schultzi and Phosphorosaurus ponpetelegans.
How dare you insult the ornithomimosaurs, your picks are just a bunch obscure losers with names that are hard to say! You ever fought an ostrich, yeah, they're tough; no imagine that with a tail! The ornithomimosaurs could spill the guts of your lame armadillo gator,  or your stupid  bat-bird. So, take that!

In all seriousness, I would so dig an Armadillosuchus and Yi qi, especially from Safari. Mr. Watson's take on those would be amazing. But, you know, ostrich mimics are still better.

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on November 18, 2017, 09:34:24 AM
How dare you insult the ornithomimosaurs, your picks are just a bunch obscure losers with names that are hard to say! You ever fought an ostrich, yeah, they're tough; no imagine that with a tail! The ornithomimosaurs could spill the guts of your lame armadillo gator,  or your stupid  bat-bird. So, take that!

In all seriousness, I would so dig an Armadillosuchus and Yi qi, especially from Safari. Mr. Watson's take on those would be amazing. But, you know, ostrich mimics are still better.

Very good point, but I'm pretty sure your bird-brained ostrich dinosaurs couldn't beat my armadillo gator or my dragon-bird or even my sauropod-raptor.

Also, aren't ornithomimosaurs obscure losers as well, some of which have names that are harder to pronounce than mine (Can you pronounce Nqwebasaurus thwazi?).

To answer your question, no I haven't, but remember that while ostriches have pointy feet, humans can create weapons to overcome them.

PumperKrickel

Loon

Quote from: Ravonium on November 18, 2017, 09:50:45 AM
Also, aren't ornithomimosaurs obscure losers as well, some of which have names that are harder to pronounce than mine (Can you pronounce Nqwebasaurus thwazi?).
Oh, making jokes about ornithomimosaurs names, how original. What are you, Jurassic World?

Quote from: Ravonium on November 18, 2017, 09:50:45 AM
To answer your question, no I haven't, but remember that while ostriches have pointy feet, humans can create weapons to overcome them.
Pffft, a couple of monkeys get some useful thumbs and now they think they run the place! You're just an Ornithomimosaur  bigot, go play with your weird obscure dorks, I'll stick with my tailed ostriches.

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on November 18, 2017, 10:02:31 AM
Oh, making jokes about ornithomimosaurs names, how original. What are you, Jurassic World?

No, I am a human being who likes obscure animals and hates all ornithomimosaurs.

Pffft, a couple of monkeys get some useful thumbs and now they think they run the place! You're just an Ornithomimosaur  bigot, go play with your weird obscure dorks, I'll stick with my tailed ostriches.

We do run the place. We are the only species that exploits other species en masse. We could kill your ostriches and destroy your ornithomimosaur fossils and prevent future generations from learning about ornithomimosaurs.

And you're an obscure animal bigot.

To finish off, here is my new favorite image ever since this conversation started. Prepare to be horrified as the T-rex swallows your precious ostrich mimic.

Loon

I would look up a picture of your dorks getting eating, but guess what, no one cares enough to do that! My ornithomimosaurs are gods among saurians, your little d-listers make me chuckle, peasant!

Ravonium

Except for the fact that they're so obscure you won't find images of them getting eaten or even of them.

Quote from: Loon on November 18, 2017, 10:21:53 AM
My ornithomimosaurs are gods among saurians, your little d-listers make me chuckle, peasant!

No they are not. If they were gods then I wouldn't find images of them getting eaten.

In all seriousness, I'll be the one who ends this conversation here. I'm perfectly fine with more ornithomimosaur figures being made. I would especially dig a Pelecanimimus figure made by one of the companies.

Loon

Yeah, it was funny for sure, but it is a wasting space in this thread.

Dinoguy2

As far as glaring, unforgivable oversights, how about Pterodactylus?!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Faelrin

LOL. What happened while I was asleep? In all seriousness I really do like some of the suggestions being made here.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

AcroSauroTaurus

CollectA: Carnotaurus, Majungasaurus(remake), Lurdusaurus, Cotylorhynchus, Secodontosaurus, Ouranosaurus(remake), Edestus, Ornithoprion, Megaloceros, Cameroceras, Megalosaurus(remake), Yi, Synthetoceras, Oxalaia, Baryonyx(remake), Triceratops(remake), Titanoceratops, Coahuilaceratops, Spiclypeus, Wendiceratops, Ojoceratops, Protoceratops, Udanoceratops, Zuniceratops, Turanoceratops, Tusoteuthis, Elasmotherium, Platyhystrix, Futabasaurus, Sivatherium, Hatzegopteryx(remake), Dsungaripterus, Cynorhamphus, Livyatan, the list goes on...

Safari: Hypacrosaurus(remake), Leptoceratops(remake), Coahuilaceratops, Kosmoceratops, Utahceratops, Spinosaurus(remake), Stegosaurus(remake), Helicoprion, Edestus, Elasmotherium, Ichthyosaurus, Yi, Protoceratops, Maiasaura, Titanoceratops, Estemmenosuchus, Secodontosaurus, Cotylorhynchus, Megaloceros, Synthetoceras, Sivatherium, Deinotherium, Carnotaurus, Styracosaurus(remake), Utahraptor(remake), Spinophorosaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, Borealopelta, again, the list goes on...

Papo: Elasmotherium, and it'll never happen but, remake all their previous dinosaurs except for the Ceratosaurus, Carnotaurus, Styracosaurus, and Acrocanthosaurus(maybe just repose the Acro)
I am the Dinosaur King!

suspsy

Then buy the CollectA Beishanlong and Struthiomimus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Some of these are echoing things posted above, and I don't care who makes them, as long as they're executed competently, but:

Weird things that have seldom or never been attempted:
Shringasaurus
Cotylorhynchus
Sharovipteryx
Styracocephalus
Fayella

Well-known dinosaurs/pterosaurs we inexplicably have no good versions of:
Gallimimus
Pterodactylus
Sordes
Anchisaurus
Pinacosaurus
Ornitholestes
Alxasaurus
Heterodontosaurus
Any number of non-hadrosaur ornithopods

And of course, all the prehistoric fish. All of 'em. All however many thousands of known genera.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: