News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

rfdelgado

Quote from: Simon on December 30, 2013, 08:09:12 AM
Saw the movie tonight.

Whoever got the idea to do the dialogue IN THAT WAY ought to be shown no mercy. 

Seriously.  That was as bad as a non-synchronized dubbed 1970s Oriental Kung Fu flick.

LOL!

Spilled my cereal!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Least you didn't blow it out your nose ! lol

Jetoar

Yesterday I watched the movie, I think that it is very educational for a children with the names and explains ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Way to look on the bright side bud ! lol

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 31, 2013, 05:05:13 PM

I think we should be happy they didn't cast Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, and Laura Dern as the voices.  :o

I did recently see the movie, and like others here, I too find the script rather childish, and some things shouldn't be said. This film takes place in the Campanian age of the Upper Cretaceous, which was millions of years before the genus pachyrhinosaurus was named by Sternberg in 1950! Anyway, the kid-voices during the intros to each species were also annoying. I liked the Luis Rey art during the credits, though. The visuals were amazing, which was the best part of the film. I think this would be much better, although I'm sure I said this before somewhere, if there was a narrator outside of the plot like the great Sir David Attenborough, or even more appropriately, since it is (at least called, anyway), Walking With Dinosaurs, Kenneth Branagh as narrator. I doubt this would ever happen, regardless of how nice it would be.  ::)
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 01, 2014, 03:14:07 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 31, 2013, 05:05:13 PM

I think we should be happy they didn't cast Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, and Laura Dern as the voices.  :o

I did recently see the movie, and like others here, I too find the script rather childish, and some things shouldn't be said. This film takes place in the Campanian age of the Upper Cretaceous, which was millions of years before the genus pachyrhinosaurus was named by Sternberg in 1950! Anyway, the kid-voices during the intros to each species were also annoying. I liked the Luis Rey art during the credits, though. The visuals were amazing, which was the best part of the film. I think this would be much better, although I'm sure I said this before somewhere, if there was a narrator outside of the plot like the great Sir David Attenborough, or even more appropriately, since it is (at least called, anyway), Walking With Dinosaurs, Kenneth Branagh as narrator. I doubt this would ever happen, regardless of how nice it would be.  ::)

I might have actually cared more if they had recruited those particular actors..lol  Imagine if they had been able to get Sir Richard Attenbourgh / Hammond to narrate ?  Epic.

HD-man

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 01, 2014, 04:19:32 AMI might have actually cared more if they had recruited those particular actors..lol  Imagine if they had been able to get Sir Richard Attenbourgh / Hammond to narrate ?  Epic.

Or James Earl Jones, since he narrated "The Making of Jurassic Park".
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: HD-man on January 01, 2014, 05:59:15 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 01, 2014, 04:19:32 AMI might have actually cared more if they had recruited those particular actors..lol  Imagine if they had been able to get Sir Richard Attenbourgh / Hammond to narrate ?  Epic.

Or James Earl Jones, since he narrated "The Making of Jurassic Park".

That could have been cool too...Sir Richard isn't in the best of health these days..but just may be.   So many ways they could have gone though and made it a good film.

ITdactyl

Darren Naish was wrong!  Azhdarchids shouldn't pad along the ground... they're not even safe in the air.  All those ever hungry gorgosaurus with cat like agility! 

Hey, don't take that seriously - I was of course kidding.  Just 'had a sort of deja vu from Jurassic park 1 (where the Rex chomped on a gallimimus).  Predator suddenly appears into view to capture prey.  'Thing is, for both instances, there were no places for said predator to hide and the prey animal should've just avoided them (flat plains) - unless poor prey animal can only see what the viewer sees (soooo convenient for predator)... hahaha.  Oh the power of plot.

I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I'd be.  Terribly irritated with Patchi's voice, but not that disappointed.  The kids I brought along though were confused.  The youngest were looking for lemurs.  The eldest was in geek mode, arguing why the eyes of the animals were moving like a cartoon character, but the mouths weren't.  When I said the voices were just "translations" of the animal sounds, he argues that sometimes they speak even if the animal has its mouth closed (not grunting). Hahaha... I love smart kids.  Glad my nephews and cousins didn't take the movie too seriously.

...Don't get me started on the [sarcasm]intelligent[/sarcasm] side comments of the adults sitting near us.  We actually had one who started singing "can you feel the love tonight" in the butterfly scene.

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol well at least you had fun right ? ;)

mmfrankford

Had seen the movie and same thoughts as the majority, nice graphics but too much of the talking.

Thoughts running through my head during the movie. Shut up, would you just shut the freakin up for one minute!!! >:( ::)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jetoar on December 31, 2013, 11:26:41 AM
Yesterday I watched the movie, I think that it is very educational for a children with the names and explains ^-^.

I've seen it too.
They named the Edmontonia 'Ankylosaurus' and the Quetzalcoatlus is just a 'Pterosaur'.
From BBC I'm expecting a more precise research.

But worse - for the German version of the movie they chose one of the best known German comedians (whom I can't stand anymore) for Alex' voice. This gives the movie an even more ridiculous character ::). What a pity!
I will definitely not watch the German version again and I'm also hoping for a DVD version with just music and sound effects.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mmfrankford on January 04, 2014, 06:57:39 AM
Had seen the movie and same thoughts as the majority, nice graphics but too much of the talking.

Thoughts running through my head during the movie. Shut up, would you just shut the freakin up for one minute!!! >:( ::)

Reminds me of watching Speckles.." just shut up for one darn second ! ".. of course I was denied.  Made a funny movie to watch with friends though.

tyrantqueen

Instead of wasting money on a movie that I will probably end up disliking, I think I am going to buy the complete DVD set of the original WWD instead, since I don't have it yet >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 04, 2014, 07:45:44 AM
Instead of wasting money on a movie that I will probably end up disliking, I think I am going to buy the complete DVD set of the original WWD instead, since I don't have it yet >:D
Go for it ! I bought mine awhile back when it came out.   I think I've only watched it 3 times though.

WWD:3D will probably end up in the bargain bins anyway for 5.00 this time next year or the one after..might a well wait it out if you have the slightest interest.  It could also be rented for a couple dollars this year I bet.

FUTABA

I went to see it recently. It's one of the best bad films I've seen in a while. I had prepared for the worst so nothing surprised me. It pretty much panned out exactly how I thought it would, so with all the cringey dialogue and corny one liners out of the way, along with the generally highly unoriginal plot, I was free to admire the visuals on a giant 3D screen, with a bag of trail mix and my miniature WWD movie figures for company (also some humans that I had to go with). Yes, the lack of scientific detail with names etc did send shooting pains through my chest on several occasions, and the scenes with the humans each fitting into their stereotypical roles as cool-ass rugged outdoorsman palaeontologist, moody video game playing teen who finally realises that "dinos are actually hella rad after all rawr lol" and the constantly enchanted child that acts as the sentimental glue that brings the group together in perfect harmony were a bit of a surprise. Almost as much of a surprise as the fact that the whole story is a delusion played out by the mind of a schizophrenic that keeps hallucinations of shapeshifting crows as company.

I'm glad I went and saw it anyway, if just for the visuals. And I'll probably get it on DVD when it comes out (when it's down to about £3).
I really really like blue things.

scallenger

I have decided I will see this in theaters... when it reaches the discount theater. Which, the one in my area actually does show certain films in 3D for like $4. So I hope they do for this one so I can at least get the extra visual kick out of it...
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

SBell

It's already out of theatres where I am. Maybe the discount one will play it later, but it's hard to say--it wasn't exactly a big-money earner or attention getter.

DinoToyForum

I decided to skip it entirely at the cinema, out of principle more than anything else. Money talks. I'm sure I'll get around to seeing it sooner or later but I'm not that bothered.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: