News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

Much better than rex. I hope they will release an indominus rex like this

Faelrin

Just saw the reddit post. Oh man I can't wait to get my hands on this one. The markings aren't too screen accurate (like the legacy TLW raptor in that regard), but heck I'll take it since I missed out on the JPIII animatronic one that goes for tons of money on Ebay now. Plus the sculpt and articulation is real nice. I can't wait to have this one duke it out with the other theropods I plan to get. I hope they make an Indominus rex down the road (and real feel Apatosaurus too). It also means that with this, having a complete species collection is just that much closer. I'm guessing this one is a Wave 3 release?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

mgaguilar

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 18, 2018, 03:02:39 AM

WE'VE GOT THE LEGACY SPINOSAURUS. IT'S AN EXTREME CHOMPIN'.

Improvements Over Rexy:
Neck is not as noticeable
Feet are more proportionate

I can't wait for an Indominus. AND a green jungle Rex.

Reposting images for new page.

Quote from: Faelrin on April 18, 2018, 03:20:30 AM
Just saw the reddit post. Oh man I can't wait to get my hands on this one. The markings aren't too screen accurate (like the legacy TLW raptor in that regard), but heck I'll take it since I missed out on the JPIII animatronic one that goes for tons of money on Ebay now. Plus the sculpt and articulation is real nice. I can't wait to have this one duke it out with the other theropods I plan to get. I hope they make an Indominus rex down the road (and real feel Apatosaurus too). It also means that with this, having a complete species collection is just that much closer. I'm guessing this one is a Wave 3 release?

I made that post as well. Friend me on Reddit!  :)) :))

Faelrin

I saw that you did. Also sure thing. And I totally forgot about the green/male T. rex. That would be totally sweet if they did that too. I mean Kenner's Bull is really nicely done, and I still would love my hands on one, but having an alternate would be great too, not just for collectors but the kids these days too.

Edit: I just realized this one is probably going to be in the $20 range like the Extreme Chomping is. That's going to be really good. It probably won't be quite in scale with the Thrash and Throw, but I don't care too much either, since it is intended to be more in scale with the Extreme Chomping too, plus it's big enough. I also can't wait to have its little cousin Baryonyx on display with it too. Also come to think of it, I think it is kind of ironic that me and my mom were just watching a bit of the beginning of JPIII with the Spinosaurus, a bit ago too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Head looks a bit wonky, might just be the eye being rather large.

Archosauria

That Spinosaurus looks amazing and it's beautiful and I want it and I need it and I need it right now.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

IrritatorRaji

MLMjp

There it is!!!

I find it funny that I actually though that the extreme chompin feature would be something I would give to a Spinosaurus figure.

I already have an Animatronic Spino (Two in fact! But one of them is broken) but I still want this because why not? It looks awesome.

Also, being a extreme chomping the first thing that comes to my mind is that the TNT T.rex will have and advantage over this guy/girl.
However I think the legs on this Spino look longer than in the T.rex, so maybe size would not be a problem at all.
Also packaging looks taller.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hi, My name is Chris and I think I have a problem....lol

This Mosa is fantastic ! She's a beast! BIG, kinda heavy, and totally water safe.   The only super tiny nitpick I have her tail could have been a little more neutral posed for my tastes, but I'll live.  ;)

Quote from: MLMjp on April 18, 2018, 09:00:50 AM
There it is!!!

I find it funny that I actually though that the extreme chompin feature would be something I would give to a Spinosaurus figure.

I already have an Animatronic Spino (Two in fact! But one of them is broken) but I still want this because why not? It looks awesome.

Also, being a extreme chomping the first thing that comes to my mind is that the TNT T.rex will have and advantage over this guy/girl.
However I think the legs on this Spino look longer than in the T.rex, so maybe size would not ve a problem at all.
Also packaging looks taller.

I love this one myself, it resembles the JW game one a bit more right? I saw a screenshot somewhere...
She's def bigger than than the Chompin Rex and I hope she sells well enough to eventually give us a Thrash and Throw Spinosaurus.

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 18, 2018, 03:02:39 AM

WE'VE GOT THE LEGACY SPINOSAURUS. IT'S AN EXTREME CHOMPIN'.

Improvements Over Rexy:
Neck is not as noticeable
Feet are more proportionate

I'm not sure if the feet are more in proportion or the rest of the sculpt just needed to be so much BIGGER  that it looks that way lol

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 17, 2018, 05:38:50 PM
@Yankeetrex! Please finish your sculpt! From one fellow fabricator to another, you have no idea how happy that makes me.

On another note, does the regular Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus not have sound effects? I noticed that the "battle-damaged" version specifically lists that it does, in its title.

The regular one does not.  Only the Walmart Exc. Battle Damage Rex does.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

These toys are fantastic, I really can't tell which one of the big guys is the best! I regret not being younger and not having space, a sort of legacy collection with all dinosaurs from all five movies would be the coolest of things!

Brolyss4

A new Mattel Roarivore prototype picture has leaked, Sinoceratops!!

Jose S.M.

It looks angry  :)) probably because of those frill holes!  :P

Reptilia

Way better than the Pachyrhinosaurus. Nice colour scheme too.

Archosauria

Amazing! Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first incarnation of Sinoceratops in toy form, right?
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

EmperorDinobot

Flaffy

Quote from: Archosauria on April 19, 2018, 12:51:51 AM
Amazing! Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first incarnation of Sinoceratops in toy form, right?
No. There is the Fukui Favourite.co one and the Dino Kingdom 2012 one.

ItsTwentyBelow

Oh my GOD I have GOT to have that Spinosaurus!! Scientific inaccuracies be damned!

I remember really wanting the animatronic JPIII Spinosaurus when I was a kid, but now I'm happy I never got it (and its gingivitis...). This will be my larger JP Spino.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 18, 2018, 05:17:00 PM
Got my Stygimoloch. I'm happy.

Which one ? Seems to be a few versions. I only have the Battle Damage one.

MOARRRR...

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.