News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

90's DINOSAUR Magazine

Started by Lanthanotus, February 14, 2018, 09:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Back in the good ol' 90's a new periodical hit the shelves. I know it was translated into several languages, but I am unaware in how many countries it was distributed. As often the case the very first issue came with something special, in this case it was a dinosaur styled 3D glasses and the skeletal skull of the one and only dinosaur kids are interested in: T. rex (in a very outdated reconstruction even for 90's standards). Following issues came with more skletal parts and finally the skin and each issue had a 3D photograph in the middle.

Few months ago I could get my hands on a full set of all those issues all in the appropriate collection folders (just the very last issue, summarizing all of them up is missing unfortunately, aswell as the original 3D goggle) and had the idea to share all those titles and 3D images with you. As I myself just owned the first issues back in the days, I never knew all the content and the great variety of species they introduced aswell as the comics (yes, science history comics!) - and not to forget the interesting, sometimes funny or awefully outdated 3Ds (in later issues they used toy figures for the 3Ds)... so grab your 3D glasses and let's start:

Reptilia

Had the entire collection in its nice folders, bought back in the day. I can't remember if I gave them away to a younger relative or if they went to some thrift shop. Such a big regret, I just wish I kept them.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Reptilia on February 15, 2018, 09:36:22 PM
Had the entire collection in its nice folders, bought back in the day. I can't remember if I gave them away to a younger relative or if they went to some thrift shop. Such a big regret, I just wish I kept them.

Same here  :(

Lanthanotus

Sorry for the delay... here we go with the 2nd edition

Lanthanotus

Almost forgot about the thread, I guess most of you too :D

Nevertheless.... here's the 3rd edition...

DinoToyForum

I have many of these (up to about issue 40) and loved them as a kid. I've been meaning to cover them on the Dinotoyblog channel and will one of these days. :) I already did a video on the associated poster series, and there is also an associated collector's card series called 'Swap It' that I might cover one day.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.