News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blue Papo Raptor - Known Variants?

Started by IrritatorRaji, February 15, 2018, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Was talking to a friend about Papo's Blue Raptor and he mentioned how he'd come across a 'dark' one and a 'light' one. The pictures he sent, though they're a little dark, do show the same model with some variations. Are there actually known variations of Papo's Blue Raptor or is there more to these pics?

Reptilia

These pics don't show much of a difference, by the way it is the same like with all Papo figures, and I guess other brands' stuff too, the paint changes a bit as the figure is in production. In this particular case I think that the original rainbow raptor coming in the two pack boxset from 2015 was brighter and neater compared to the standalone release from 2017, which was fairly sloppier in terms of colours and paint app. If I were a completist, or if I didn't loathe those rainbow repaints, I wouldn't bother to get both cause they're the very same thing, just that the latter looks cheaper than the former.

Moodyraptor

I have two - one was bought as part of the box set with the sitting rainbow T-rex, and the other was brought as a single figure, and the latter is considerably darker than the former.  But whether this is an actual trend or just individual paint variations, I don't know.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.