You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Well, I did get though two other items from the large pile of Resin kits by this seller :

- As in my previous item - here also seller did not know how to classify the item correctly ... it's not a Kaiyodo -

It is The 1/35 Stegosaurus Resin kit by the late Dan LoRusso -

See how thin and well defined the spikes on its back are -

Next to other 1/35 Stegosaurs statues ( Favorite\Kinto desktop )  :

With other, smaller, Resin stegs -

And with other , much more famous, Stegs by Dan LoRusso - The Battats -

And the 2nd item in this pair - it wouldn't worth much without it ...

The 1/35 Allosaurus Resin kit by the late Dan LoRusso -

From The dinosaur studio collection -

Using a PNSO stick and a coin holder to hold the animal in the launching position he deserves -

Next to some other 1/35 Allosaurs statues -

And some smaller allosaur resin kits -

Somehow, this all. do reminds me of his Battat Acrocanthosaurus, doesn't it ? ...

I'm so glad I got to have them together :

Now I can have my own reconstruction of the Allosaurus & Stegosaurus as shown at the "Showdown at Morrison" diorama -

There it is - my own version -

Here, side by side, as they assess each other -

Or facing each other head to head -

It is such a pitty I wasn't there when he offered his Battat Resin masters on ebay -

Crackington

Beautiful sculpts avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio - thanks for sharing. Dan LoRusso was an amazing artist wasn't he?

Would love to see the Allosaurus and Stegosaurus painted up. Do you have any plans, or would you prefer to keep them as they are?

SidB

That's a wonderful look into the very best of the past. Thanks for sharing these, avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio .

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Crackington on January 16, 2024, 08:27:26 PMWould love to see the Allosaurus and Stegosaurus painted up. Do you have any plans, or would you prefer to keep them as they are?
I would consider painting them only by a professional who knows his ways with Air brush, paint brush and dry brush.
At this point, my painting skills would make these two look like another PVC toy -
so, I prefer leaving them in their pure, untouched state - as part of my rare trophies collection

Leyster

What an amazing acquisition! I really love the sculpting style of Wenzel and Lo Russo, it's so elegant
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

BrontoScorpio

Now for something at the other end -

Jasman Gallimimus & Dilophosaurus - the only two Jasmans I would let in, as all the others are so horribly made :

Especially the Gallimimus is actually really well done and is uncommonly unusual as far as dino toys with its extraordinary looks and exceptional species choosing.
seeing here with other well done Gallimimus by AAA :

These two new robust bullies will have to manage the rough neighbourhood of the lower shelf, with mostly ELC AAA's from the UK and some AliExpress'  Recur ...

There you go :

BrontoScorpio

I thoght the AAA Gallimimus from previous post deserved better - so I let them get in the Bullyland shelf, located somewhere above :

The big ones -

And the adorable Permian / Triassic Bullyland collection ( enough said ) -

Took them out for a 2nd shot

I really like the old Bullyland trees -they have this eerie Gothic atmosphere around them.
and good luck trying to get a hold of any of these four types ...

postsaurischian

This thread always impresses me. Great catch!!
 Dinosaur Studio Allosaurus, Stegosaurus & Triceratops have always been among my favourite 1:35 models.

Libraraptor

Duna

Those old Bullyland museum figures are amazing. They did an incredible job with those so obscure species.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 19, 2024, 09:19:16 AMThis thread always impresses me. Great catch!!
 Dinosaur Studio Allosaurus, Stegosaurus & Triceratops have always been among my favourite 1:35 models.

Thanks,
Actually I would rather put my hands on the Greg Wenzel Gorgosaurus - to complete the perfect triumvirate.
However, it is nowhere to be found.
I'm so keen on carnivors with their mouth closed ...

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 19, 2024, 03:42:42 PMHow many Procynosuchus do you have  ;D?
They are a merry bunch don't they - it seems they feel much happier in groups - being so small - so I went along with it ...

SidB

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 21, 2024, 08:51:35 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on January 19, 2024, 09:19:16 AMThis thread always impresses me. Great catch!!

Thanks,
Actually I would rather put my hands on the Greg Wenzel Gorgosaurus - to complete the perfect triumvirate.
However, it is nowhere to be found.
I'm so keen on carnivors with their mouth closed ...

Best of success on that one, avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio , I've admired that piece for years. It always stood out, paradoxically, for the reason that you mention.

BrontoScorpio

Crackington

Amazing SRGs - you've done very well to get them, including that Pteranodon.

I got the large T-Rex sometime ago - a fortunate buy hidden in a job-lot of dinosaur paraphernalia. They go for more when the sellers know what they are!

shahinos

Is the T Rex in the old shelf picture really really really tired of its company?

BrontoScorpio

The holy grail of the museum metal dinosaurs in the west :

AMNH 1964 Alva Brontosaurus :

- Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest ...
The Original and the replacement - with the AMNH 1950's SRG Brontosaurus :

My museum metal sauropods - joining with the silvery Tokyo Museum metals -

And another magnificent Metal SRG - Large Pteranodon :

My copy is almost flawless :

Here along side the Japanese metal Archaeopteryx -

Come to think of it - That's a nice opportunity to show the new look of my old shelf of the metal Japanese dinosaurs :

And as we're at it - That concludes my SRG collection I just started not so long ago :

1. Triceratops
2. Stegosaurus
3. T-rex
4. Dimetrodon
5. Brontosaurus ( Apatosaurus )
6. Trachodon ( Anatosaurus )
7. Pterodactyl ( Pteranodon )

All 7 are of the LARGE size Version :

Just a glimpse of the Small version which I do not collect - Not in my collection :

Here they are - now it's easy to compare :

There are 4 more to the Large set - on top of the 7 I got -  A Mammal and a fish and 2 Marine reptiles :

And it's a good thing too - that I do not seek those - unlike others -
because, that kind of money I would only spend on Old Japanese Resin kits ...

Halichoeres

Unsurprisingly, the Dinichthys is the only SRG I ever even considered pursuing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 09, 2024, 11:41:20 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 09, 2024, 11:27:11 PMUnsurprisingly, the Dinichthys is the only SRG I ever even considered pursuing.
That's a nasty remark ( not the first though), however surprising, especially as you buy so much garbage as it is. ...

Dude, that was a comment on my madness for fish, not an indictment of SRG quality in general.

I will concede that the Dinichthys I settled on for 1/200th the price when I decided SRG's was out of reach could fairly be described as garbage!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 09, 2024, 11:41:20 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 09, 2024, 11:27:11 PMUnsurprisingly, the Dinichthys is the only SRG I ever even considered pursuing.
That's a nasty remark ( not the first though), however surprising, especially as you buy so much garbage as it is. ...

C:-)  Violation of forum rule 1: "No intentional personal attacks, rudeness, or personal provocation." Two week ban.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: