News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

This looks amazing I simly love this model!! EoFauna is the best!!!

Deinotherium giganteum
1:35 - H: 13 cm; L: 20 cm

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

terrorchicken

neat, now that we have better pics of this very accurate model,  its easy to see how strange a proboscidean it was, almost as strange as altasaurus was for a sauropod.

tanystropheus

While Mojo and CollectA have had some interesting interpretations (especially CollectA), and Bullyland was also ahead of its time for introducing the Deinotherium, none of those models quite captures the "life-like" appeal of the Eofauna Deinotherium. In order to reproduce this breathtaking level of realism, I would imagine Eofauna merged their understanding of anatomy and physiology of archaic elephants with the behavioral mannerisms of modern elephants. There is an element of grace and motion that is embodied with every Eofauna model. This is not a feat that can be done by just any company (most toy manufactures try to recreate illustrations or one-up their competitors models) as the postural dynamism exemplified by the Palaeoloxodon, Atlasaurus and Deinotherium requires an intricate understanding of individual muscle groups (and theoretical stress tests) as far as foundational anatomy and physiology is concerned. This is not some copy and paste model. It is leagues above everything available.

On a side note, it would be nice to see a Platybelodon at some point as it seems that Safari skipped that particular species.

Shonisaurus

Eofauna is a super-specialized species in making prehistoric elephants of the highest quality sincerely it is the best toy / collection brand of all of the market although Safari and Collecta also make high-quality prehistoric elephants even Favorite. The missing brand of Bullyland, one of my favorite brands of prehistoric animals from my time of youth, was also very successful elephants.

Platybelodon and moeritherium someday Eofauna or another brand should perform them are two very beautiful elephants especially the platybelodon.

The Prehistoric Traveler

The more i look at it the more i love it. It's magnificent! I hope they do at least one proboscidean every year. Two is better of course. :D I especially want a stegodon, colombian mammoth and a p. namadicus (the king) and ofcourse many more. 

As for dinosaurs. I still really would love to have their Triceratops.

ZoPteryx

Yes!  Looks awesome!  Now I can finally replace my Mojo Deinotherium.  >:D

Flaffy

Shonisaurus

The deinotherium giganteum looks less bulky than the palaeoloxodon antiquus in relation to body mass, but nevertheless it looks larger than the aforementioned prehistoric elephant. It looks great this Eofauna deinotherium is by far the best deinotherium that has ever made (to date) a brand of prehistoric animals for collecting because for me this line is rather destined for those of us who are collectors.

suspsy

Palaeoloxodon was bulkier than Deinotherium, so these three animals go together very nicely.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

Already have a space reserved for this one on my now quite well-populated Proboscidean shelf, look forward to seeing this trio on my display.

Silvanusaurus

These make me really wish I was into elephants.

suspsy

Eofauna posted a comparison image of all five of their products on Facebook. The Atlasaurus is even bigger than I thought; it towers over the other four.  :o
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ravonium

Shonisaurus

The atlasaurus looks immense! Nice piece for my collection! I have already booked it next to the deinotherium in urzeitshop.

PhilSauria

The Eofauna range looks fantastic when you see them all in one place - and that Atlasaurus!! So pleased that the time of large sauropod figures has not yet ended. This and the Deinotherium will be ordered without question as soon as they become available at Mini Zoo over here.

Feel like setting aside part of my display area just for Eofauna, PNSO and the CollectA deluxe figures - these all look so classy and naturalistic that some of the releases from the other brands are looking a bit ordinary by comparison - just my opinion of course. Oh and there are some Safari figures I'd put in there as well (recent Ceratopsians, Camarasaurus, feathered Velociraptor and the last few years of mammals are a few that come to mind).

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 29, 2019, 11:28:21 PM
The Eofauna range looks fantastic when you see them all in one place - and that Atlasaurus!! So pleased that the time of large sauropod figures has not yet ended. This and the Deinotherium will be ordered without question as soon as they become available at Mini Zoo over here.

Feel like setting aside part of my display area just for Eofauna, PNSO and the CollectA deluxe figures - these all look so classy and naturalistic that some of the releases from the other brands are looking a bit ordinary by comparison - just my opinion of course. Oh and there are some Safari figures I'd put in there as well (recent Ceratopsians, Camarasaurus, feathered Velociraptor and the last few years of mammals are a few that come to mind).

I think the Safari woolly rhino is a really disappointing figure. Very Cartoony. Maybe collecta will do a good one. I love their Elasmotherium (although it really needs a repaint).

Shonisaurus

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on August 30, 2019, 03:07:11 PM
Quote from: PhilSauria on August 29, 2019, 11:28:21 PM

I think the Safari woolly rhino is a really disappointing figure. Very Cartoony. Maybe collecta will do a good one. I love their Elasmotherium (although it really needs a repaint).

Maybe Collecta will make a coquodonta antiquitatis in the future but I honestly don't think that in this next year. With the release of the elasmotherium I see it highly unlikely that in a short space of time (at least one or two years) Collecta markets another woolly rhinoceros.

Regarding the elasmotherium, from what I have seen in his promotional photos, I like his painting as Collecta did, although perhaps with darker hair I would have attracted more buyers of that great figure. That does not mean that Eofauna supposes the lack of a new woolly rhinoceros in the near future. Nothing is disposable.

Killekor

Both of Eofauna's new figures look gorgeous! I like them!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on August 29, 2019, 01:18:57 PM

Amazing series, wow! Great to see them all together, it really gives you a sense of how big the new ones will be. I can't wait!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Sorry I haven't been here a while, but I have to say I am very impressed by both of Eofauna's upcoming offerings. The Atlasaurus is especially impressive, but I will also be replacing my recently acquired CollectA Deinotherium with this beauty too.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: