News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Shonisaurus

It is an exotic triceratops. You have my money. I honestly like this version of Eofauna with my mouth so wide open. He is a very awesome and attractive dinosaur.

PrimevalRaptor

While I still would have preferred a different Ceratopsian, the pose and coloration are absolutely stunning, especially love the face markings!
And hey, since it's a different species, you can still display it alongside the Safari one.

Loon

It's looking pretty good, and I wasn't too excited for a Triceratops in the first place. But, for all the reasons avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek mentioned, it's far more interesting than most other Triceratops figures. All that being said, it really doesn't wow me as much as EoFauna's other figures so far, very similarly to their Giganotosaurus, in all honesty. My biggest issue with it is the color scheme, I kind of like the CollectA-style warpaint on the face, but I really don't care for the body coloration. But still, I look forward to some in hand pics, especially for some size comparisons.

Have they said what scale it's going to be?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna When will it be available in online stores or when will it be possible to pre-order that triceratops?

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Loon on October 27, 2020, 11:38:47 AM
It's looking pretty good, and I wasn't too excited for a Triceratops in the first place. But, for all the reasons avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek mentioned, it's far more interesting than most other Triceratops figures. My biggest issue with it is the color scheme, I kind of like the CollectA-style warpaint on the face, but I really don't care for the body coloration. But still, I look forward to some in hand pics.

Have they said why scale it's going to be?

Speaking of CollectA, the color scheme kinda reiminds me of the Diabloceratops.

Jose S.M.

That's an impressive figure for sure. Not really a priority of mine but it's on my list. I like the color scheme, it's reminiscent to CollectA's warpaint but not so over the top

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 27, 2020, 10:29:52 AM
It is an exotic triceratops. You have my money. I honestly like this version of Eofauna with my mouth so wide open. He is a very awesome and attractive dinosaur.
Yup, they seem to have pulled it off - something that is both familiar (and that will probably be a decent seller) and yet unusual.

Over9K

Nanuqsaurus

I usually don't like duplicates in my collection, and since I already have the Safari Triceratops I wasn't planning to get a new trike if Eofauna decided to make one. But this one is just outstanding! I love the pose, colours and those huge horns. And because it's a different species than the one from Safari, I think I can buy one without feeling bad about it! :))

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Over9K on October 27, 2020, 12:51:39 PM

this does sum it up I suppose. This Triceratops is so much better than I was expecting. It is incredibly impressive.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 27, 2020, 01:58:45 PM
Quote from: Over9K on October 27, 2020, 12:51:39 PM

this does sum it up I suppose. This Triceratops is so much better than I was expecting. It is incredibly impressive.
The moral of the story is to never underestimate EoFauna  :)
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Bread

That back left leg is kind of bothering me, as well as the left horn looking a little longer than the right. Maybe it is just the angle of the photo, but I will have to see different photos of it before I decide. Honestly, love the colors and the pose. Might be my first Eofauna?

Faelrin

I just got up. So I obviously wasn't thrilled from the start that it would likely be another Triceratops, but I guess it is interesting they went with a new undescribed species instead of T. horridus, so credit where due I guess since it is a fresh take. Though would have been nice to see T. prorsus done for once as well. However the color scheme just isn't doing it for me, particularly on the head, but then again I'm not really a fan of the "war paint" on many of CollectA's figures either. Honestly it reminds me of their Diabloceratops now that I think about it, probably due to the white and pattern used.

Edit: I due think the sculpt is interesting and really nice though. Just the colors are not my cup of tea, but eh who knows maybe it will eventually grow on me.

Granted I am also very much behind with getting their previous releases, so if I were to get it, it will need to wait until I can catch up with the older ones first.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

If it's similar in size to the Safari one, I might make some tweaks to my repainted one to make them look like a pair if I get this one eventually. 

Stegotyranno420

Really sorry, but im going to be honest, i dont really like this one. It just seems unnatural and i thought i'd never say something like this but, I wish the mouth was closed. It looks like a JW game hybrid of some sort. Sorry Eofauna, not this time. and sorry to ruin the mood too.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: suspsy on October 27, 2020, 10:05:15 AM
Wow.

As much as I wasn't looking forward to another Triceratops toy, I am quite blown away by this one. It looks spectacular, and what a smart choice to go with that particular specimen. Although T. prorsus would have been just as awesome to me.

Now bring on a Tyrannosaurus rex for this beast to do battle with!
YAH!! Bring the King! Bring the King! Bring the King!

Carnoking

Flaffy

I have mixed feelings on this one.

On one hand I really appreciate that Eofauna tried something new. Basing a figure off a specific specimen, and a pretty unique specimen too.

But on the other... it's another triceratops. I don't know why, but that oral tissue looks rather uncanny. Would've greatly preferred if the mouth wasn't open so wide. The paint job is quite average too, which detracts from an otherwise decent sculpt.

With PNSO coming out of no where, CollectA just around the corner, I'll have to see more angles/images of the figure to make a final decision. It just doesn't scream "must have" to me, something that has been consistent with most other Eofauna figures.

Stegotyranno420

I hope it's a case of the other 2 eofauna dinosaurs. They seem crappy at first but 2 months later you become obsessed with them. I overcame my Giga addiction, but the altasaurus addiction, is, well, uhh...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: