News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna 1:35 Straight-tusked elephant

Started by Reptilia, March 10, 2018, 01:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

By the way, when will palaeoloxodon antiquus be available in physical stores? They said it would be marketed in online stores at the end of May or during June. This wait is killing me. Thank you for buying it at urzeitshop.de

On the other hand it is a deference on the part of members of Eofauna that intervene in the forum. It is very rare that companies or sculptors of toy dinosaur brands want to intervene in the forum. That makes them great as a company.

Eofauna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 07, 2018, 04:14:54 PM
By the way, when will palaeoloxodon antiquus be available in physical stores? They said it would be marketed in online stores at the end of May or during June. This wait is killing me. Thank you for buying it at urzeitshop.de

On the other hand it is a deference on the part of members of Eofauna that intervene in the forum. It is very rare that companies or sculptors of toy dinosaur brands want to intervene in the forum. That makes them great as a company.

Dear Shonisaurus,

First of all, thanks for your words. We happily intervene on the forum, your suggestions, help and comments are much appreciated.

The production had some delay but we estimate to be available online by the end of June. We will be in a few physical stores, mostly in Europe, basically in the Basque Country and the Netherlands, but we are doing our best to expand our radius of action.

Eofauna

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Eofauna on May 08, 2018, 07:38:48 AM

Dear Shonisaurus,

First of all, thanks for your words. We happily intervene on the forum, your suggestions, help and comments are much appreciated.

The production had some delay but we estimate to be available online by the end of June. We will be in a few physical stores, mostly in Europe, basically in the Basque Country and the Netherlands, but we are doing our best to expand our radius of action.

Eofauna

Why specifically the Netherlands if I may ask? This is good news for me of course, as I live in the Netherlands, but most stores here don't sell any prehistoric figures besides Schleich.

Eofauna

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on May 08, 2018, 08:25:21 AM
Why specifically the Netherlands if I may ask? This is good news for me of course, as I live in the Netherlands, but most stores here don't sell any prehistoric figures besides Schleich.

We are focusing on distributors from Europe, and one from the Netherlands was interested in our figures. This one is specialized on collectable figures so there might be selling in more specialized shops.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Eofauna on May 08, 2018, 10:21:53 AM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on May 08, 2018, 08:25:21 AM

We are focusing on distributors from Europe, and one from the Netherlands was interested in our figures. This one is specialized on collectable figures so there might be selling in more specialized shops.

Ah I see! Thanks for the answer! :) Although I already pre-ordered the Straight-tusked elephant when it was revealed, I'm still interested to know which physical shops will sell it?

Eofauna

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on May 08, 2018, 12:37:47 PM

Ah I see! Thanks for the answer! :) Although I already pre-ordered the Straight-tusked elephant when it was revealed, I'm still interested to know which physical shops will sell it?

We do not know yet and we are not sure if we could get the whole list, but if we get some info, we will inform you.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Eofauna on May 08, 2018, 07:38:48 AM

Dear Shonisaurus,

Eofauna

Thank you for your words, dear Eofauna. Then, we will have to wait until the end of June. I do not mind waiting for what it takes to buy that beauty that will be one of the most rated figures in the forum this year.

In fact I already bought it in urzeitshop.de as I mentioned and it only remains to send it to me. Thank you for the answer.

Moldovan0731

Quote from: Eofauna on May 07, 2018, 07:41:44 AM
Quote from: Moldovan0731 on May 05, 2018, 10:53:43 AM
I hope they'll make a woolly mammoth in 1:35 or 1:30 scale, hopefully based on the Siegsdorf specimen.

We will keep 1:35 scale for the Woolly mammoth (we will make in the future). Yes, the idea will be to reproduce a big specimen like Siegsdorf one.

Yay! I really hope it will really be the Siegsdorf specimen, as it would be 9.97 cm tall at the shoulder in 1:35 scale, which would fit in my prehistoric mammal figure collection. Smaller specimens would be too small to be there.

Shonisaurus

I would like a mammoth primigenius by Eofauna that exceeds in quality and size to other toy brands.

On the other hand my greatest wish that in this year Eofauna at least at the end of the year reveal a dinosaur obscure in the toy market. It would be awesome a theropod that has never been made or very little known for example a daspletosaurus at scale 1:25 or 1:30.

Nanuqsaurus

With June starting today, I was wondering if there is more info on the release date of the straight-tusked elephant? I can't wait to see this one in person! :D

Ravonium

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on June 01, 2018, 07:18:42 PM
I was wondering if there is more info on the release date of the straight-tusked elephant? I can't wait to see this one in person! :D

Quote from Everything Dinosaur's Facebook

QuoteEofauna Straight-tusked elephant model (P. antiquus, that is due to arrive late May/early June

So basically, it's scheduled to arrive soon (at least to ED)  :)

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on June 01, 2018, 07:26:17 PM
I was wondering if there is more info on the release date of the straight-tusked elephant? I can't wait to see this one in person! :D

QuoteEofauna Straight-tusked elephant model (P. antiquus, that is due to arrive late May/early June

Yeah, I heard about the late May/early June part, but I thought maybe something more specific was known. But we need to be patient a little while longer. Thanks for the reply!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on June 01, 2018, 07:44:57 PM
Quote from: Ravonium on June 01, 2018, 07:26:17 PM

Yeah, I heard about the late May/early June part, but I thought maybe something more specific was known. But we need to be patient a little while longer. Thanks for the reply!

With respect to palaeoloxodon antiquus according to Eofauna will be available at the end of June. It is in a post above just before a question I asked, anyway I reproduce the answer:

"Dear Shonisaurus,

First of all, thanks for your words. Happily we intervene in the forum, your suggestions, help and comments are very appreciated.

The production had some delay, but we estimate that it will be available online at the end of June. We will be in some physical stores, mainly in Europe, basically in the Basque Country and the Netherlands, but we are doing our best to expand our range of action.

Eofauna "

Therefore we will have to wait until the end of June, or early July, we must have patience.

mammoth

A video review of the Palaeoloxodon antiquus on Youtube by Matthew the Dinosaur King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpbM9LKxI7M

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the video M @mammoth  it looks fabulous the palaeoloxodon antiquus of Eofauna mine will still take several days or at the beginning of next week. It is a hyperrealistic figure, super detailed and very awesome.

It is a very cool prehistoric elephant.

Fembrogon

My straight-tusk arrived today (yippee!), so I quickly snapped a few photos:

Spoiler
[close]

Even at a slightly smaller scale, the Paleoloxodon is a formidably-sized figure. My photos don't capture the actual girth of the figure, and of course they can't capture the weight. The detail in sculpt and paint is excellent; you'd think an elephant would be pretty simple in that regard, but the figure captures every detail I could have thought of. Sadly, my figure does have some balancing issues, but it doesn't seem as severe as others I've bought before (some of them recently - what gives, Kaiyodo??). Overall, it's a truly excellent figure.
Has anyone claimed this one for reviewing? I'm not necessarily offering, but I'm curious how soon we might see a review on the main site; because Eofauna is knocking it out of the park and deserves all the press they can get.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

For more than a week I have the palaeoloxodon antiquus and I can assure you that it is a very finished figure and it is more in my case it does not have any stability problem. I have never fallen off my shelves.

It is a prehistoric elephant that makes a very good pair with the Safari mastodon.

Now I just need to receive the gomphotherium of Collecta from my store of all my life.

Andreioli

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 26, 2018, 07:36:19 AM
I have never fallen off my shelves.

;D ;D ;D Oh Google Translate, how unintentionally funny you can be sometimes.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Andreioli on July 26, 2018, 08:30:38 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 26, 2018, 07:36:19 AM
I have never fallen off my shelves.

;D ;D ;D Oh Google Translate, how unintentionally funny you can be sometimes.

Andreioli I am aware that I do not know English and that sometimes I use the Google translator, but the truth is that I go to language classes and I can assure you that I have difficulties with the native language of Shakespeare. Sorry if sometimes the forum people like you do not understand what I write in the forum.

I was referring to the fact that the palaeoloxon antiquus has never fallen off my shelves. I'm sorry for being gross enough for language learning, it's not my intention.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: