News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna 1:35 Straight-tusked elephant

Started by Reptilia, March 10, 2018, 01:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Eofauna scientific research upcoming new model, should be available in the summer.

Straight-tusked elephant (Palaeoloxodon antiquus) - 1:35 scale

Bring on the discussion here!

Mackeral

Picture Credit: Everything Dinosaur

Wonderful model, looking forward to the other megafauna reconstructions they are gonna bring us.

Shonisaurus

It measures the figure of long included fangs about 24 centimeters according to www.minizoo.com.au so it will be longer than other figures of prehistoric elephants such as Papo's primigenius mammoth or Carnegie's American mammoth.

It is a very well done figure and I sincerely like it for its details and its scientific rigor, and that the photographs are only promotional. It must be much better to see the figure in person. :)

It is an authentic work of art.  8)

Reptilia

I'm not that big of a fan of elephants, and generally I vastly prefer dinosaurs to mammals, but I'm so interested in this figure that I think it has the potential to become one of my favourites.

Minmiminime

Quote from: Reptilia on March 10, 2018, 02:21:48 PM
I'm not that big of a fan of elephants, and generally I vastly prefer dinosaurs to mammals, but I'm so interested in this figure that I think it has the potential to become one of my favourites.

Thank you for starting this thread, Reptilia! Also, I feel the same..! It looks so majestic and alive, I couldn't resist pre-ordering it. It'll be one of the very few mammals in my collection. With so many companies now contributing ever more detailed models, I'm going to have to seriously getting another display cabinet or two. Cheers for the measurement Shoni, that'll help me work out how to both cram it into my existing display cabinet, and show it off to its best  ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

ceratopsian

I don't "do" mammals either but I couldn't resist this one's good looks and I have preordered. Plus I'll get the Steppe Mammoth so it doesn't look too lonely and isolated.

SidB

Maybe more expensive than the exquisite steppe mammoth, being 1/35 vs. 1/40th scale?

Reptilia

I'm glad that people is getting enthusiast for this figure, and for Eofauna in general.

Simon

Just reserved one from Everything Dinosaur ...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Simon on March 10, 2018, 08:48:41 PM
Just reserved one from Everything Dinosaur ...

I will proceed to make such a reservation also at www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk I thought I would wait longer but as the saying goes, "it is better to prevent than to cure" as the first remittance of palaeoloxodon antiquus by everythingdinosaur is exhausted.

Of course it is already one of my ten favorite figures of this year 2018, and I mention it in advance when that thread comes out.  :)

Fembrogon

Quote from: SidB on March 10, 2018, 07:19:36 PM
Maybe more expensive than the exquisite steppe mammoth, being 1/35 vs. 1/40th scale?
I've heard Everything Dinosaur is expecting a similar price. I, too, have made a reservation for one of these (thanks, ED!), and I look forward to this summer!

Mackeral

Urzeitshop does pre orders too. It's only like 22 Euros, never seen a toy for such a price which looks like a statue, quality wise.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Mackeral on March 11, 2018, 06:01:52 AM
Urzeitshop does pre orders too. It's only like 22 Euros, never seen a toy for such a price which looks like a statue, quality wise.

I will reserve the palaeoloxodon antiquus to urzeitshop.de I will have to pay much less. Thanks for the Mackeral information.  :)

SidB

I think that the accolades sent to your company, so far, are deserved. I'll add a another - I'd like to commend you for your willingness to actually communicate with potential consumers. So often companies are too "olympian" to deign to even talk with and to real people, so thanks for being refreshingly different. We look forward to your creative work in the future.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on March 23, 2018, 01:19:28 PM
I think that the accolades sent to your company, so far, are deserved. I'll add a another - I'd like to commend you for your willingness to actually communicate with potential consumers. So often companies are too "olympian" to deign to even talk with and to real people, so thanks for being refreshingly different. We look forward to your creative work in the future.

Completely agree with you. Eofauna has shown that it is communicative and that marketing its products is not incompatible with good customer treatment.

That should learn many toy companies that unfortunately do not contact the forum for whatever reason.

The empathy of the members of a company is something very valuable apart from the quality of their figures.

Moldovan0731

I hope they'll make a woolly mammoth in 1:35 or 1:30 scale, hopefully based on the Siegsdorf specimen.

Eofauna

Quote from: Moldovan0731 on May 05, 2018, 10:53:43 AM
I hope they'll make a woolly mammoth in 1:35 or 1:30 scale, hopefully based on the Siegsdorf specimen.

We will keep 1:35 scale for the Woolly mammoth (we will make in the future). Yes, the idea will be to reproduce a big specimen like Siegsdorf one.

Ravonium

Quote from: SidB on March 23, 2018, 01:19:28 PM
I'd like to commend you for your willingness to actually communicate with potential consumers. So often companies are too "olympian" to deign to even talk with and to real people, so thanks for being refreshingly different. We look forward to your creative work in the future.

Seconded. It is nice that Eofauna is not only listening to suggestions, but actively responding to them. The fact that there are now companies willing to do this shows that the days of rampant 'accuracy pedantism' are over.

If there is any elephant I'd like for them to do next (even though I'd personally prefer a dinosaur), I'd personally like a model of Mammuthus creticus, even though it wouldn't fit with the 1:35 scale.

EDIT: Restructured my post because I didn't like my initial post.

tanystropheus

It would be great to see a Platybelodon at some point.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: