News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Farewell to Stephen Hawking

Started by suspsy, March 14, 2018, 04:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/mar/14/stephen-hawking-professor-dies-aged-76

His strength and courage were every bit as amazing as his intellect. He will be missed dearly. :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

mgaguilar

Easily one of the greatest minds of our time. I'm glad I had the honor of being in existence at the time he was also living.

Loon

He was really a great figure in the history of science, as someone else put it, he was truly a living testament to the power of the human mind.

Libraraptor

My son told me this morning when I was in bed. He had heard it in the news. Yes,  it is said to lose a great genius and a brilliant thinker in these dark times. Goodbye Mr.Hawking!

Ravonium

He was indeed one of the greatest scientists and thinkers of the modern era. He will be missed.

Neosodon

Well this is very sad. I was just listening to a Steven Hawkins lecture for the first time before coming to the forum and hearing the news. Kind of a creepy coincidence. As soon as I get interested in him he's gone. :'( I'm sure his work and memory will last for a long time though.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

IrritatorRaji

He was my dad's hero, this is a tragedy indeed.

Counterklock

This honestly seems so surreal to me. Stephen Hawking always seemed like a fixed point in the universe to me, and to learn that he's passed has saddened me greatly.

EmperorDinobot

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.