News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My CollectA collection, by Juju

Started by juju1305, July 30, 2012, 11:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juju1305

Hello,

here is my CollectA collection

Wonderful utahceratops and torosaurus.

Nice achelousaurus and the brilliant dead triceratops figure. So glad CollectA is innovating in that department. I really hope they will keep this up, this is such a smart move. I'd love a dead sauropod  8)

Alamosaurus and ampelosaurus. Both figures are fantastic imo.

Two cool figures of obscure carnivores: australovenator and concavenator

two excellent plesiosaurs, attenborosaurus and hydrotherosaurus

WWD-style liopleurodon and nice dolichorynchops (though the head is too big)

Nothronychus and therizinosaurus. The evolution in CollectA figures is perfectly shown with these two models. The therizinosaurus is one of the best figures in the collectA line.

Great hatzegopteryx, though the paint job could have been sharper. Classic pteranodon in flight stance.

Cute yet too toyish eotyrannus. Retro-style iguanodon.

Nice olorotitan and a really cute parasaurolophus baby.

Obese mapusaurus. Far from the stock photo published by CollectA, yet interesting. Great irritator despite the bunny hands.

Two based figures. Hypsilophodon family, truly a great figure. Not the greatest oviraptor, but I like it.

Epic kosmoceratops figure. One of the best ceratopsian of the CollectA line. Fantastic plateosaurus.

Two different paint jobs for the 1:40 tyrannosaurus. The second one is much nicer.

Not the best baryonyx ; zombie head and fat butt lol. The dacentrurus is one of the best stegosaur figure out there.

Great kelenken. The sole flaw of this figure is the lack of stability. The paraceratherium is a nice figure, but too glossy.

Great looking pteranodon, but it is a really annoying figure. It basically lays on its beak which tends to bend it inwards.

Huge deluxe rhomaleosaurus. Despite the conservative color and the disturbing red eyes, it is a really nice figure (and a true giant).

[Edit: October 13, 2012: Additions]

The controversial T-rex with struthiomimus prey figure. Well, I must say that, despite agreeing with most of the criticism about it, I like it nevertheless. I love the effort by CollectA to portray a realistic hunting behavior, something only high-end products manufacturers have done on this market so far (ok Bullyland did with the fishing pteranodon). The beautiful deluxe amargasaurus and its "come bite me" color. Not so thrilled about the purple, but it's really a great figure.

The rajasaurus is one of the few "non-carnotaur" abelisaurids available on the market and is truly a wonderful figure, despite some slight stability issues (but exerting some pressure on the legs will correct that).  Exquisite argentinosaurus figure (too bad it's a 1/100 scale, I would have loved it if were a bit bigger). The neck is probably too straight up but I like it nontheless.

Great miragaia sculpt, but the colors are really dull and boring. It's size makes it a perfect young animal figure to pair with the Carnegie miragaia though. Squatting (taking a dump or laying an egg) afrovenator. This is "vintage" CollectA already, but not a terrible figure, just not up to CollectA's current standards.

This deluxe deinocheirus is probably one of CollectA's top 5 (or even top 3 figures). It's wonderful and it's a really HUGE figure. It even dwarfes the large Bullyland therizinosaurus. The megacerops is simply the best mammal produced by CollectA so far and one of the best prehistoric mammal among all the affordable ranges. Based on this, it's a shame that CollectA is not releasing another prehistoric mammal next year.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

alexeratops

Dude, I totaly envy that Ampelosaurus!!! Your collection is 5 times bigger than mine!!! AWESOME!!!!
like a bantha!

juju1305

Quote from: Jetoar on July 30, 2012, 11:51:48 PM
Charming collection! ^-^.

Thanks Jetoar :)
I don't like all the CollectA figures, but I'm quite happy about my selection.

juju1305

Quote from: alexeratops on September 19, 2012, 12:03:36 AM
Dude, I totaly envy that Ampelosaurus!!! Your collection is 5 times bigger than mine!!! AWESOME!!!!

Thanks and hey, there's just 8 more who made it to my home ;)

juju1305

Here are the new CollectA figures who just arrived this week to my place  ;D

7 are from the new 2012 line, one is older (Afrovenator)

The controversial T-rex with struthiomimus prey figure. Well, I must say that, despite agreeing with most of the criticism about it, I like it nevertheless. I love the effort by CollectA to portray a realistic hunting behavior, something only high-end products manufacturers have done on this market so far (ok Bullyland did with the fishing pteranodon). The beautiful deluxe amargasaurus and its "come bite me" color. Not so thrilled about the purple, but it's really a great figure.

The rajasaurus is one of the few "non-carnotaur" abelisaurids available on the market and is truly a wonderful figure, despite some slight stability issues (but exerting some pressure on the legs will correct that).  Exquisite argentinosaurus figure (too bad it's a 1/100 scale, I would have loved it if were a bit bigger). The neck is probably too straight up but I like it nontheless.

Great miragaia sculpt, but the colors are really dull and boring. It's size makes it a perfect young animal figure to pair with the Carnegie miragaia though. Squatting (taking a dump or laying an egg) afrovenator. This is "vintage" CollectA already, but not a terrible figure, just not up to CollectA's current standards.

This deluxe deinocheirus is probably one of CollectA's top 5 (or even top 3 figures). It's wonderful and it's a really HUGE figure. It even dwarfes the large Bullyland therizinosaurus. The megacerops is simply the best mammal produced by CollectA so far and one of the best prehistoric mammal among all the affordable ranges. Based on this, it's a shame that CollectA is not releasing another prehistoric mammal next year.

juju1305

Oh and I can't resist sharing this. I guess some of you have seen it already, but CollectA wanted to make it VERY clear that this megacerops was a bull ;)

Jetoar

I think the same  ;D. Megacerops are cool and I would like to buy in a future.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

juju1305

Quote from: juju1305 on July 30, 2012, 11:08:06 PM
Hello,

here is my CollectA collection

Wonderful utahceratops and torosaurus.

Nice achelousaurus and the brilliant dead triceratops figure. So glad CollectA is innovating in that department. I really hope they will keep this up, this is such a smart move. I'd love a dead sauropod  8)

Alamosaurus and ampelosaurus. Both figures are fantastic imo.

Two cool figures of obscure carnivores: australovenator and concavenator

two excellent plesiosaurs, attenborosaurus and hydrotherosaurus

WWD-style liopleurodon and nice dolichorynchops (though the head is too big)

Nothronychus and therizinosaurus. The evolution in CollectA figures is perfectly shown with these two models. The therizinosaurus is one of the best figures in the collectA line.

Great hatzegopteryx, though the paint job could have been sharper. Classic pteranodon in flight stance.

Cute yet too toyish eotyrannus. Retro-style iguanodon.

Nice olorotitan and a really cute parasaurolophus baby.

Obese mapusaurus. Far from the stock photo published by CollectA, yet interesting. Great irritator despite the bunny hands.

Two based figures. Hypsilophodon family, truly a great figure. Not the greatest oviraptor, but I like it.

Epic kosmoceratops figure. One of the best ceratopsian of the CollectA line. Fantastic plateosaurus.

Two different paint jobs for the 1:40 tyrannosaurus. The second one is much nicer.

Not the best baryonyx ; zombie head and fat butt lol. The dacentrurus is one of the best stegosaur figure out there.

Great kelenken. The sole flaw of this figure is the lack of stability. The paraceratherium is a nice figure, but too glossy.

Great looking pteranodon, but it is a really annoying figure. It basically lays on its beak which tends to bend it inwards.

Huge deluxe rhomaleosaurus. Despite the conservative color and the disturbing red eyes, it is a really nice figure (and a true giant).

[Edit: October 13, 2012: Additions]

juju1305

Quote from: Jetoar on October 13, 2012, 01:47:51 PM
I think the same  ;D. Megacerops are cool and I would like to buy in a future.

If you pick this one, you won't be disappointed. It's really large and very well sculpted.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.