News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EmmaLVV's Collection

Started by EmmaLVV, April 09, 2018, 10:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaLVV

Hi everyone!  ^-^

Here's my current collection of Invicta's to start with. I'll update this again soon, as I've got TWELVE more turning up sometime this week!  ;D

PhilSauria

Good start! That guy on the base seems to be a bit of a Holy Grail to some. They are addictive thought aren't they?

Jose S.M.

Great figures. Like Philsauria says, you have a really hard to find in there, congratulations!

Roselaar

Very nice! You already got the hardest to find figures, things will only get easier from here on out. :)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

These figures are very difficult to find, at least I bought them almost thirty years ago and they were my first figures. I congratulate you!

EmmaLVV

Thanks everyone! This is what I have after starting to collect them again about a month ago.

I did originally have some when I was a child, as I loved going to the National History Museum in London (still do), but I stupidly sold them all as a teen at a car boot.  :-[

EmmaLVV

UPDATE!

The job lot finally turned up, which had TWELVE Invicta's (some of which are now spares), a few retired Safari Ltd dinosaurs, a Chap Mei Therizinosaurus, plus lots of various Chinasaurs! Here's the Invicta herd with the newest additions.

Not bad for £42. ^-^

PhilSauria

Lookin' good! There is something appealing about seeing them all there in their assorted colours - makes the painted one look almost over-dressed.

PlesiosaurusNessy

@EmmaLVV: Wonderful Invicta Collection and congrats to the new haul, a fast growing Invicta herd! I really love Invictas!
And, welcome to the DTF, nice to meet another Invicta fan member!

@Philsauria: Perhaps the "overdressed" Megalosaurus would like to go to a dinosaur figure show or to a party or a flirting date
with a "quite normal dark green painted" male Megalosaurus...who knows...???
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

ceratopsian

A very good haul. It's amazing how quickly collections can grow!  You are not alone in regretting that you no longer have dinosaurs from your childhood.

Shonisaurus

I have the original Invicta (in my case I'm not going to buy more than I have) but I've seen that Invicta has made other versions of those dinosaurs, there are even painted ones and there is an Invicta version of those dinosaurs coated with bread of gold.

EmmaLVV

Newest acquisitions! :D

Safari Carnegie Spinosaurus 402201

Safari Carnegie Euoplocephalus 401201

Safari Carnegie Allosaurus 400701

Invicta Muttaburrasaurus

Invicta Stegosaurus (Painted)

Bokisaurus

Nice start, you got one of the rarest and hardest to find Invicta figure already ;)

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions since those figures are very difficult to find in the toy market. In spite of the years the figures of Invicta continue being equally as interesting now that when they were commercialized a lot of years ago.

The companies of Invicta and Carnegie that you have bought are legendary figures and as Bokisaurus has commented, I congratulate you for your new acquisitions and for your good taste, they are figures that never expire despite the years.

Libraraptor

Great collection, focussing on Invictas at the beginning!
Is that Grey whale on the very left of the Picture in Reply #7 by Invicta?!

EmmaLVV

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 26, 2018, 08:07:43 PM
Great collection, focussing on Invictas at the beginning!
Is that Grey whale on the very left of the Picture in Reply #7 by Invicta?!

No, apparently it's the smaller version of the circa 1961 Smithsonian Blue whale replica from their Monsters of the Deep exhibition.  ^-^

EmmaLVV

Added some more figures from my collection to flickr yesterday...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139181410@N08/

RobinGoodfellow

Hello,

If you are interested there are some tips about posting Flickr images directly on DTF:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.140

Regards
^-^

Minmiminime

Quote from: EmmaLVV on April 09, 2018, 09:46:10 PM
Thanks everyone! This is what I have after starting to collect them again about a month ago.

I did originally have some when I was a child, as I loved going to the National History Museum in London (still do), but I stupidly sold them all as a teen at a car boot.  :-[

I feel you..! Told my mother to send the lot to a charity shop when I lived away and was deeply depressed, and have regretted it ever since :o
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: