News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nimravus Collection

Started by Nimravus, April 10, 2018, 08:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Nice figures! Those Vitae are very good, I'm glad aliexpress is proving reliable for people to get them.

Nimravus

I have already bought twice from Aliexpress, some Vitae and the I-Toy Dilophosaurus, and they are quick and efficient. No issues at all.

Nimravus

As promised, I am back. Honestly, I have never stopped following the Forum or buying figures, but I didn't have too much time to post or take photos of my recent acquisitions.
Let's start with the latest version of the CollectA Tyrannosaurus

Then the Fabulouos Papo Therizinosaurus

The Terra Battat Tyrannosaurus, not my favourite one, but I bought it as a classic figure.

A close-up look

The new Styracosaurus from Safari, nice ceratopsian as all the ones created by Doug Watson

An old Safari Trike

The outstanding Prestosuchus from Safari

The bactrian camel and shoebill from CollectA

And finally, the customised Carnotaurus from Rebor. I really think this new paint job improves the figurine, and matches the volcanic base!

Shonisaurus

Congratulations on your new acquisitions avatar_Nimravus @Nimravus Sincerely Rebor's personalized carnotaurus gives you a more fierce image than the original figure, your acquisitions such as Collecta 2018 tyrannosaurus, Safari 2019 prestosuchus and styracosaurus, Safari triceratops, Papo therizinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus de Battat, represent an outstanding selection of the best figures of each brand of most relevant traditional toys.

Halichoeres

Nice prehistorics and all, but that shoebill is really amazing!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nimravus

@ Halichoeres, yeap the shoebill is really nice, please see some additional photos below:

And, since yesterday I didn't finish, please find below some more acquisitions:
The nice Baryonyx from Favorite, amazing figure!

Then the Neovenator, also from Favorite. It is very nice as well

Finally, one pair of dinosaur models sold by the Fukui Museum, and supplied by Brett, the Zhuchengtyrannus vs Sinoceratops

The chase starts...

But the Sinoceratops was too fast, poor Zhuchengtyrannus

Honestly I was a bit disappointed with the Zhuchengtyrannus, but it is not a common genus...
The sinoceratops breathes again, that was close!

Hope you enjoyed!

Roselaar

Excellent new acqs! Aren't those Favorites drop-dead gorgeous... :)

Shonisaurus

Models in Museum Favorite dinosaur sets I really like the zhuchengtyrannus and sinoceratops is one of the ones I like the most along with the model of the redondaaurus vs. favorite's coelophysis are my favorite favorite sets of dinosaurs without a doubt.

The baryonyx and the neovenator that I bought Brett from the Favorite brand are great. I congratulate you on your Nimravus acquisitions.

Nimravus

Hey guys, these are some figurines from last year, that I got just before Christmas!

Let´s start with Mojo Baryonyx. As I said in the Recent acquisitions thread, is not that bad, a re-paint would make this guy look much better!

Details are not excellent at all, in fact, those eyes... :'(

Then the Mojo Deinonychus, with another paint scheme, it would look completely different!

The great Tyrannosaurus from Kaiyodo Sofubi, thanks to Everything Dinosaur!

With a lot of potential positions, not all of the stable though!

The details of the head and mouth are outstanding!

Hope you enjoyed!

Shonisaurus

I'm glad you got these great acquisitions, Nimravus. The tyrannosaurus rex of Kaiyodo is one of the few articulated figures I have with his two versions, on the other hand I agree with you that with another painting scheme the baryonyx and the deinonychus of Mojo would be much better, his sculpture is quite good what it spoils both figures is his painting.

Bokisaurus

Nice to see some new photos of the collection's new additions. Yeah, really love those two rexes. Those Mojo's, I just can't, LOL! ;D

Nimravus

Nimravus

Hey guys! I introduce you to my new Giganotosaurus from Eofauna. I saw a lot of pictures of it before, and I was not convinced, but now I am. Live it is much better.

The palaeloxodon from Eofauna, an absolute beauty

Some details of the head

The classic Carnegie Carnotaurus, with the standard tripod stance, but nicely sculpted

The Sciurumimus from CollectA

And the great Giganotosaurus gang ( Vitae, Safari and Eofauna). I should have taken the picture with the Carnegie one as well, but it is in store.. :'(

The new Safari Camarasaurus

The Safari Elasmosaurus

Last year's Safari 's Uintatherium

And finally, the Safari's Smilodon

Let's see if tomorrow there is more.
Hope you enjoyed.

Nimravus

Some chinese figures I received just after Christmas, after waiting for them two loooong months.
The best Allosaurus in my collection, the amazing Wang Long

The details are very good

The Vitae Wuerhosaurus, much better than I initially thought

And finally the Zhejiangosaurus, nice piece as well.

Hope you enjoyed.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Nimravus, by the way it is a pity that Vitae does not manufacture more dinosaurs and prehistoric animals for now. His figures are totally resistant to abrasions and falls, I have observed in the sinraptor, wuerhosaurus and zhejiangosaurus Vitae. I have fallen from it more than once at a height of two meters when cleaning them and they have not shown any scratch. Maybe it's because of its plastic material and its paint.

Halichoeres

Always glad to see the Vitae beauties in someone else's collection. It gives me hope they're selling well and will continue to be released.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nimravus

More acquisitions from last months. This time we start with some Vintage material, the Stenonychosaurus from Invicta, pretty difficult to find for a reasonable price

I just need to  get the Dimetrodon and the easy Lambeosaurus to complete the fabulous Invicta  collection.
Then, let's follow with the old Carnegie Maiasaura with nest, pretty massive.

These Christmas I bought in Spain for a good price these two CollectAs, the clown Ceratosaurus and the Kronosaurus. The latter is really massive

W.r.t. the Ceratosaurus, I was not convinced at all at the beginning, especially because of the striking colours of the head, but live it is a very nice model

And finally, I cannot leave without the latest sauropods from PNSO , WOW!! :o
The wonderful Amargasaurus, which compared to the other two ones I had (Carnegie and CollectA) is superb

And finally, the Mamenchisaurus. I wanted to buy it since it was issued more than a year ago, but it was too much overpriced, and finally, after a bit of patience, I got it!

Hope you enjoyed!

Shonisaurus

Nice pictures Nimravus the dinosaurs of PNSO with those great bases give the hit that they are resin figures.

On the other hand Collecta's ceratosaurus was one of my favorite dinosaurs last year. Collecta's kronosaurus makes a very good team with its Safari counterpart.

The stenonychosaurus of Invicta brings me good memories. Thanks for the photos, they are all beautiful. It has been an enjoyment for my eyes.

Nimravus

Hey guys,

Latest figures added to my collection, steadily growing, ...and room running out  :o

The Compsognathus from Papo, pretty similar to the one produced by Rebor

I think CollectA is becoming one of the best companies, in terms of price-quality. In the last four years they are producing very nice figurines!
CollectA's Edaphosaurus, I love it. Not only is it nice, but permian species are not common either.

CollectA's Carnotaurus, very nice and worth having it!

CollectA's Borealopelta, nice beauty, not usually produced, so very well received.

Southland's Diprotodon. I like it a lot, in addition to it, it is not a species usually produced, so I am glad Southlands decided to go for it.

Since Bullyland has decided to discontinue their dinosaurs line, I got the Stegosaurus, which honestly I like a lot

The Parasaurolophus from Battat Terra, Dan LoRusso's beauty. It was a long time since I wanted to grab it, and the piece deserved the wait!

Another Dan LoRusso's good piece, the Acrocanthosaurus from Battat Terra. I am happy to have it.

This is the Smilodon from Carlisleco, which, as far as I know, it is only sold in the AMNH. A soft toy, very well detailed.

I heard PNSO would discontinue some of their very first figures, so I finally decided to buy the 1/20 Trike. It is big man!!

The Spinosarus from Schleich. Honestly I was a bit disappointed when I saw it for the first time, head details are sloppy, paint application on the teeth  :(... but Schleich has improved a lot in the last two years, so let's have them improve step-by-step. I like the croc-shape tail a lot though!

Schleich's Animantarx, as said before, let's have Schleich keep on improving!

Vitae's Zhejiangopterus. I was a bit doubtful about it, and in fact, it took me a while to decide to go for it, but live it is very nice

Finally, at last but not the least, the Tyrannosaurus and Fallen Queen from Rebor. I really love it, live it is much better than in pictures!

Hope you enjoyed!

Shonisaurus

Magnificent collection of prehistoric animals Vitae, Battat, PNSO, Collecta, Rebor among other figures. Sincerely every day I like more the carnotaurus, edaphosaurus and borealopelta of Collecta.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: