News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2018 Figures

Started by Noiselessx, April 12, 2018, 02:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noiselessx

I have stumbled across this link where there is a sort of a review of the Therizinosaurus  and Iguanodon. However, it is in french :D

http://www.papacube.com/2018/04/therizinosaurus-iguanodon-papo-2018.html
I am a dino geek who rediscovered his passion for collecting figures yet again.

Mini Minmi

French is not a problem for me but what I appreciated the most were the numerous pictures including nice close ups of the details. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Shonisaurus

The therizinosaurus still seems outstanding, but I was impressed by this link where the iguanodon looks even better.

The only thing that reproach Papo that has become standard to make prehistoric animals such as dinosaurs and pterosaurs all with articulated marbles, as the article says is the current standard of Papo, because it hurts them a lot because they are very noticeable seams , I have observed it in Papo therizinosaurus and although I thought that the iguanodon of the same brand would have seams in the jaw more pronounced it seems much better than I thought.

Anyway, both figures are beautiful and as Papo own very well finished.

Thanks Noiselessx for the link and welcome to the forum.  :)

Noiselessx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 12, 2018, 03:44:46 PM
The therizinosaurus still seems outstanding, but I was impressed by this link where the iguanodon looks even better.

The only thing that reproach Papo that has become standard to make prehistoric animals such as dinosaurs and pterosaurs all with articulated marbles, as the article says is the current standard of Papo, because it hurts them a lot because they are very noticeable seams , I have observed it in Papo therizinosaurus and although I thought that the iguanodon of the same brand would have seams in the jaw more pronounced it seems much better than I thought.

Anyway, both figures are beautiful and as Papo own very well finished.

Thanks Noiselessx for the link and welcome to the forum.  :)

Thank you ! I have learned about many different things since I've joined this epic community so I figured I should try to give back something :D
I am a dino geek who rediscovered his passion for collecting figures yet again.

Renecito

Both dinosaurs are in my most favorite list. And they look quite nice. Thx for sharing this!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Syndicate Bias

Wish they had close ups of their compy

Blade-of-the-Moon

Have we determined what size that Compy figure will be?

Mini Minmi

My googling skills are limited but I haven't been able to find any pictures of it other than the default one. I was hoping it would show up in the background of a toy fair picture of Papo's display so we could estimate it compared to the others but no luck. It has an articulated mouth though so my guess is no smaller than baby t.rex. I doubt it will be a big figure because they already have the iguanodon and therizinosaurus plus the repainted acrocanthosaurus, which are all quite large. I'm expecting a small compy.

Minmiminime

I wonder if it will be around the size of Rebor's..? I don't have that model, but wouldn't be surprised if Papo designed this as a direct rival product. It certainly looks more detailed than Rebor's! I actually want this one, which makes me slightly annoyed at myself 🙈
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Minmiminime on May 02, 2018, 09:31:03 PM
I wonder if it will be around the size of Rebor's..? I don't have that model, but wouldn't be surprised if Papo designed this as a direct rival product. It certainly looks more detailed than Rebor's! I actually want this one, which makes me slightly annoyed at myself 🙈

Sincerely the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Papo are in their immense majority as detailed as Rebor with the difference that Papo dinosaurs are cheaper and Rebor's are too expensive unfortunately.

The size in some cases is usually similar.

Syndicate Bias

Rebor and papo are on the same scale. Rebor only has bases and actual packaging for collection which is why they are more pricey. Cant say their dinosaurs are any better than papo though

Minmiminime

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 03, 2018, 12:45:39 AMCant say their dinosaurs are any better than papo though

I agree! There's something more appealing to me about Papo's creations, particularly the earlier production runs. Regardless of peculiar poses and odd colour choices, they usually look pretty organic
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Yea that's the same reason why i prefer papo. I believe papo still has theirs hand sculpted and not digitally done. Which also is something rebor has gotten worse with all the scale stamping that seems rather unnaturally repetitive

postsaurischian

::) Do we really need a second Papo 2018 thread or can this one be merged with the original one?

Reptilia

Agree, these posts can go in the "Papo: New for 2018" thread.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.