You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Possible scale issue on Mattel Spinosaurus

Started by Bobcole884, May 11, 2018, 08:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Much ado about nothing.

Bobcole884

Oh wow I could kiss u guys for finding all this out, I had to work today but till today I've looked high n low for info and pics of this thing and looks like now we know, ok this toy may work. I MIGHT have to bite the bullet and get a Legacy Rex to go with it but that's okay too, that'll put em both closer to scale with the Mattel Triceratops. Now I'm still hopeful for a Thrash n throw Spino around 60cm long (T n t Trex is 55 I just checked) because that will look better next to the rest of the Mattel toy line as well as the Hasbro Indominus Rex (but let's be honest, I look to see a Mattel legacy Indominus)

I know I wrote POSSIBLE issues with the Spinosaurus' scaling to let everyone know I wasnt sure there was an issue, I didn't mean to alarm anyone, I just know how most toy companies are, it being in the same line as the Extreme Chomping Trex I HAD to assume their boxes were MOST LIKELY the same size which would've put the Spino being much smaller than what it should be, even despite the fact that Mattel so far has done really well with scale very much unlike Hasbro, I wouldn't have been shocked at all if the Spino WOULD have been too small just because of the creatures build (longer crocodile like snout and its sail on its back)

Thanks again for the info and the pics

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.