You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Controversial opinions on dinosaur toys

Started by Ravonium, May 21, 2018, 07:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I hadn't watched Dinosdragons's video on the Mamenchisaurus.  However as far as I'm aware, blue isn't a colour animals obtain from food, it's a structural colour, which is why when a dead blue animal degrades, the blue colouration vanishes.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on June 14, 2024, 06:54:54 PMOnly one of the stegosaurus variants is blue?

Unless you're counting the accent plate color on the red/geeen "fruit" variant, which seems silly to me, might as well say the blue variant with red tipped plates makes two red variants.

Not tips, it's body. I think it's more blue than green.Teal color. Another controversy.  :D

Sim

It looks more blue in some areas and more green in others, so if you think it's a second blue variant, one could also say it's a second green variant.  I think it would have been better to have used the yellow colour scheme instead of the fruity one to please a greater amount of tastes...

Leyster

avatar_Sim @Sim that's true, many bird greens and blues are structural colours, not dependant on their diet.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

JimoAi

y'all will have my head for this....

I simply cannot be bothered with Triceratops. I don't hate it but it bores me. To me I rather see the rivalry of Tyrannosaurus Vs Ankylosaurus and at the moment I am lacking a ceratopsian in my collection and I am choosing to go with Pachyrhinosaurus over Triceratops to go with E.regalis since I have an Ankylosaurus for my rex.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: JimoAi on July 20, 2024, 03:03:40 AMy'all will have my head for this....

I simply cannot be bothered with Triceratops. I don't hate it but it bores me. To me I rather see the rivalry of Tyrannosaurus Vs Ankylosaurus and at the moment I am lacking a ceratopsian in my collection and I am choosing to go with Pachyrhinosaurus over Triceratops to go with E.regalis since I have an Ankylosaurus for my rex.

I mean it is controversial to put anky as the Rex rival since they are like Ceratopsians & Tyrannosaurs are like Jedis & Siths.. On the other hand Triceratops is a bit boring looking ceratopsian compared to others. It looks like a parent among punk concert.  ;D

Faelrin

I imagine that comes with the overexposure or fatigue with how much attention it gets, much like T. rex. It doesn't feel as unique or special anymore because it is everywhere. I don't hold it against the real animal in anyway, and it is still really cool to see it in person (which I did at the Boston Museum of Science I went to as a kid. I vaguely remember seeing a skull of it and being amazed with how huge it was). Never-mind the plethora of remains, across its lifecycle, and with some skin.

Honestly kind of feeling that way as well with Triceratops, and some other dinosaurs. Then again, perhaps I'm just biased as I've always loved Styracosaurus more growing up, because of the horns, especially after seeing in the Valley of Gwangi, or in Disney's Dinosaur. It also doesn't get much attention, except perhaps on the figure market (though still nowhere as much as Triceratops). I was also the kid that preferred Allosaurus to T. rex (especially after the fixation that happened after watching the Ballad of Big Al, and again the Gwangi film).

Recently I've been particularly fascinated with Chasmosaurus as far as ceratopsians go, after neglecting it nearly my whole life. It's got decent material (including lots of skin), and even a juvenile (still hope the Wild Past one can see the light of day for that reason). It also lived in the Dinosaur Park formation, which is one of my favorites. It's been pretty neglected in the media, and on the figure market too, except in recent years.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

JimoAi

from my previous posts on calling out on Triceratops, T.horridus is the most boring ceratopsian but I forgot that the Yoshi's Trike does catch my attention quite ABIT. In short, I'm bored by T horridus but am cool with the Yoshi's trike

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.