News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killekor

That concept art looks simply amazing! I can't wait to see how the final sculpt will look like!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

suspsy

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on March 11, 2019, 09:15:27 PM
Pentaceratops
Sinoceratops
Torosaurus
Triceratops (Adult)
Udanoceratops

Which ones are you guys most excited to see? I really wanna see the Pentaceratops and Torosaurus!

Where are you getting Udanoceratops from? I don't see it listed on the pinned post on CB's Facebook page.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on March 13, 2019, 12:27:38 AM
Pentaceratops
Sinoceratops
Torosaurus
Triceratops (Adult)
Udanoceratops

Which ones are you guys most excited to see? I really wanna see the Pentaceratops and Torosaurus!

Where are you getting Udanoceratops from? I don't see it listed on the pinned post on CB's Facebook page.
IIRC Udanoceratops was originally on the revised list for the Kickstarter, but at some point in time David removed it from the list for some reason. I asked him about it, he simply said that Udano is planned but not for the KS.
Quite unfortunate, I was most looking forward to the ceratopsians.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on March 13, 2019, 01:16:00 AM
Pentaceratops
Sinoceratops
Torosaurus
Triceratops (Adult)
Udanoceratops

IIRC Udanoceratops was originally on the revised list for the Kickstarter, but at some point in time David removed it from the list for some reason. I asked him about it, he simply said that Udano is planned but not for the KS.
Quite unfortunate, I was most looking forward to the ceratopsians.

I can see why he removed Udanoceratops from the KS though. Despite being notable, it's not a hugely popular dinosaur nor is it as visually exciting as the other genera in the line. Makes more sense as a post-KS release.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

amargasaurus cazaui

couldn't disagree more....udanoceratops is for some of us every bit and more exciting although not as well known....torosaurus might not even be a valid species and a few of the others only came into vogue the last few years....agree udanoceratops is not as well known but trust me when  I say some of us wanted it to happen....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 13, 2019, 06:45:45 AM
couldn't disagree more....udanoceratops is for some of us every bit and more exciting although not as well known....torosaurus might not even be a valid species and a few of the others only came into vogue the last few years....agree udanoceratops is not as well known but trust me when  I say some of us wanted it to happen....

Torosaurus is certainly a valid genus, or as certain as one can get in a field as shaky as paleontology. In addition to the Farke and Longrich papers refuting the Horner/Scanella one, there's "Tiny," the recently discovered subadult Torosaurus from Colorado. Can't wait for someone to formally describe that sucker.

That said, I would almost certainly buy a BotM Udanoceratops, both for the uniqueness factor and the fact that it's a pretty cool animal. The largest known leptoceratopsid with a massive jaw? CollectA, PNSO, Safari, and Schleich should all be adding it to their list.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

LeapingLaelaps

Pentaceratops
Sinoceratops
Torosaurus
Triceratops (Adult)
Udanoceratops

Whoops, I'm sorry for the confusion! I was referencing one of my other lists that had it on there :-[

Halichoeres

I was definitely disappointed when the Kickstarter list was revised, because most of the species I was most interested in got postponed, which I think we'll eventually find means 'canceled.' But in general I'm only planning to buy species that aren't already represented well by other companies, a list that is rapidly diminishing when it comes to ceratopsids.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Brontozaurus

That's my point, 'some of us' want Udanoceratops to happen. And I'm one of them! There's nearly no leptoceratopsid figures as is. But in terms of a kickstarter campaign, especially how BotM works with a core set of figures and the rest as optional add-ons, I can see Udanoceratops not being as popular as the others, which have visual appeal or name recognition (or both) to draw the crowds. Keep in mind that the bulk of the raptor series' funding likely came from people who wanted cool toys or were after raptor figures without as much investment into their species as we have.

I don't think we should write Udanoceratops off completely, I think what's likely to happen is that whether or not it's produced relates to how popular Psittacosaurus and Protoceratops (the two moulds that would share parts with Udano) are in the KS. It'd be a head swap at the very least.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Flaffy

Quote from: Brontozaurus on March 14, 2019, 12:00:17 AM
(the two moulds that would share parts with Udano)
I don't think Udano will be sharing parts with the 1/6 scale ceratopsians, according to the original sculpting plan.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Udanoceratops was actually the main draw of the line for me. If there's no Udanoceratops then I won't be bothering with this line I was only planning on getting others to complement it. I have no interest in large articulated Ceratopsids when I can get smaller, cheaper and static ones of them all anyway. Without a Udanoceratops there's no point. I mean if he does a Velociraptor/Protoceratops thing then I may get it, but I definitely won't be getting any Ceratopsids from this line.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Flaffy

Maybe if enough people express interest in Udano on David's FB, maybe he'll reconsider adding it back on the list?

CyborgDino

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Brontozaurus on March 14, 2019, 12:00:17 AM

I don't think we should write Udanoceratops off completely, I think what's likely to happen is that whether or not it's produced relates to how popular Psittacosaurus and Protoceratops (the two moulds that would share parts with Udano) are in the KS. It'd be a head swap at the very least.
unsure how any of those 3 dinosaurs is remotely similar to  another...psittacosaurus was bipedal....and udanoceratops was much larger than either of  them....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Shonisaurus

The udanoceratops by Beasts of the Mesozoic would be great. By the way changing the subject the prototype of resin centrosaurus looks very nice.

Killekor

Quote from: CyborgDino on March 14, 2019, 04:38:35 AM
The completed resin prototype of Centrosaurus:

It looks really good! Considering it's concept art I find almost certain that this will be my favorite figure of the line...
... although I'm still not sure if I'll never get any BotM model again, at least during the KS/Preorder. Apart from the size of the bigger figures, there's something else that bothers me: custom fees.
Last year I received the raptors I preordered from Backerit (Red V. Osmolskae, Forest accessory pack and black nestlings). The last to arrive were the Velociraptor and the accessory pack (which I payed 65$ shipping excluded)... with 28€ to pay to customs! 28€ (at least last year) were the equivalent of 35$, the price of a deluxe raptor!
Knowing that the price range of the Ceratopsians will be around 40-80$ I'm worried that if I get some of those I'll have to pay a lot of custom fees, 50€? 70€? Or even 100€?
So, I don't think I'll get anything from America until the figures I'm interested to arrive in an European store, like Amazon, Everything Dinosaur etc etc...

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Tyto_Theropod

avatar_Killekor @Killekor To be honest I feel the same. I'm definitely going to hold off until I have a better idea of the price bracket. Regardless, the Centrosaurus looks beautiful and it's great to finally see a figure of this genus. :)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Shonisaurus

I will wait yes or yes to a European online company such as urzeitshop.de, minizoo or everythingdinosaur or buy on Amazon, on eBay the prices are much more inflated on many occasions unfortunately and barring some exceptions I will not buy much through these stores online for now.

John

The head sculpts of the completed models so far are great,but the bodies look off due to the joints and seams at all the points of articulation.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: John on March 14, 2019, 08:47:00 PM
The head sculpts of the completed models so far are great,but the bodies look off due to the joints and seams at all the points of articulation.

Well the articulation is kind of the whole shtick, it's a necessity to have seams and joints.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: