News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The monoclonius is awesome. A very handmade work. Surely next year if there is luck and money I will buy it. It is a wonder of figure.

LeapingLaelaps

Some more photos of the Monoclonius prototype, this time with some other BotM stuff for comparison!

Shonisaurus

The five new figures of ceraptosidos of Beasts of the Mesozoic are seen of fabĂșla. I especially like the einiosaurus, centrosaurus and zuniceratops for their acceptable size. The pachyrhinosaurus is very beautiful but I am afraid that it is something big, the same is the xenoceratops. Nice outfit. Zuniceratops and centrosaurus are unknown in my collection of ceraptosides.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Killekor

What an awesome Monoclonius!!! With all those shades of blue, green and black it is more than Magnificent!!! It is certainly the best of all the ceratopsians!!! (Etc etc...)

If there's a ceratopsian that I'll get it will surely be this one!
Considering the fact that the Monoclonius, the Einiosaurus and the Zuniceratops are big as the raptors (even a bit smaller), and that they will not have any accessory or base I hope that their price will be a bit less than the raptors during the preorder (something like 30$ or a bit less would make me happy).

I have also a question about this KS Exclusive: it will be only available as an add-on or you can pledge directly for it?

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: Killekor on April 05, 2019, 12:28:42 PM
What an awesome Monoclonius!!! With all those shades of blue, green and black it is more than Magnificent!!! It is certainly the best of all the ceratopsians!!! (Etc etc...)

Considering the fact that the Monoclonius, the Einiosaurus and the Zuniceratops are big as the raptors (even a bit smaller), and that they will not have any accessory or base I hope that their price will be a bit less than the raptors during the preorder (something like 30$ or a bit less would make me happy).

I have also a question about this KS Exclusive: it will be only available as an add-on or you can pledge directly for it?

Killekor

If the smaller Ceratopsians are only around $30 I will be a VERY happy woman

Also regarding pledging, I'm not sure if David has said yet. Hopefully people can pledge directly for it if it's the only one they want.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on April 05, 2019, 02:10:47 PM
Quote from: Killekor on April 05, 2019, 12:28:42 PM

Killekor

If the smaller Ceratopsians are only around $30 I will be a VERY happy woman

Also regarding pledging, I'm not sure if David has said yet. Hopefully people can pledge directly for it if it's the only one they want.

Yeah I'm wondering how pledging will work this time around. He's got way more prototypes ready than the raptor KS did at launch, and if you think about it the raptor KS was set up to gauge interest in making more than the basic three. I think what's going to happen this time around will be more in line with other campaigns I've seen which have been from established creators using KS as essentially a pre-order system, in that all the groundwork for manufacturing has been laid and we pick the figures we want rather than pick one from a set and add on everything else that we want.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Halichoeres

Here's the Triceratops mock-up:

It's very pretty, but I admit to being a little salty that this is being done in place of the smaller ceratopsians, as I'm skeptical the latter will ever actually be made.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

LeapingLaelaps

I was just about to post, you beat me to it! ;)

Also, from David's post on Facebook:

"Also, be sure to check back next week for a bonus ceratopsian color design!"

I wonder if it's going to be an alternate color for a species already on the KS list or if he's going to add another new one to his plans 👀

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 08, 2019, 10:09:08 PM
Here's the Triceratops mock-up:

That adult looks great. Very keen to see what the actual product will be like.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Brontozaurus

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on April 08, 2019, 11:09:37 PM

I wonder if it's going to be an alternate color for a species already on the KS list or if he's going to add another new one to his plans 👀

Ceratopsian fans choice series here we come.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

I am a fan of ceraptosides and triceratops is one of the essential dinosaurs for a collector. It is an iconic dinosaur but the Beasts of the Mesozoic will be of an immense size the same as the one at Collecta Supreme. The color of the prototype honestly (for now) does not convince me.

suspsy

Quote from: Brontozaurus on April 09, 2019, 12:33:25 AM
Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on April 08, 2019, 11:09:37 PM

Ceratopsian fans choice series here we come.

Pretty sure he's talking about Mercuriceratops. That one was on his original list until fan feedback prompted him to replace it (correctly, IMHO) with Spiclypeus.

Or did he already reveal that one? Hard to keep track.

Killekor

The color scheme of the Triceratops is a lot better than how I expected it! I'm curious to see how the final model will look like.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

suspsy

avatar_LeapingLaelaps @LeapingLaelaps, if you have time, perhaps you could add all the images to the first post in this thread so that people will be able to view them all more easily?

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: suspsy on April 09, 2019, 03:30:05 PM
avatar_LeapingLaelaps @LeapingLaelaps, if you have time, perhaps you could add all the images to the first post in this thread so that people will be able to view them all more easily?

Done! I added a link to an Imgur album of all the pictures on the main post :)

Einherjar

So one thing I've been wondering about. Were ceratopsian tales really that skinny, or is it just his choice? Maybe I'm too influenced by JP, but always imagined them to be thicker. It ends up looking a bit weird to me.

suspsy

Quote from: Einherjar on April 09, 2019, 07:43:09 PM
So one thing I've been wondering about. Were ceratopsian tales really that skinny, or is it just his choice? Maybe I'm too influenced by JP, but always imagined them to be thicker. It ends up looking a bit weird to me.

Ceratopsian tails are generally depicted that way nowadays, yes.

Halichoeres

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: