News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceratopsianking

I wasn't to thrilled with the Albertaceratops when I first saw it, but these pics changed my mind

Shonisaurus

BoTM has made with difference the best collection of ceraptosides I suppose that they will commercialize it in the short-medium term. The albertoceratops looks magnificent. BoTM is a very good company.

Creature

I can't wait to see that Styracosaurus painted.

Quote from: suspsy on May 20, 2019, 12:25:21 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on May 20, 2019, 03:35:18 AM
I kinda wish David would make smaller, more affordable versions of these. Because they're amazing, but I just won't have the money or space for them...

Perhaps that can be a good thing, as it will limit us to the figures that we truly desire. I'm only going to planning to get the Spiclypeus for now, but if the tyrannosaurs turn out to be in scale with the ceratopsians, then I'd probably get a Torosaurus to go up against my future T. rex.

Quote from: Faelrin on May 22, 2019, 09:13:13 PM
And if I recall correctly, we were able to add on figures by pledging more, and then when the survey is sent we can then select based on the funds spent during then, as well as the option to add on more (if done through backerkit, which is likely). If this is anything like the last kickstarter in terms of production time, this should give me plenty of time to add on which figures I want before they are shipped (although, I should still have time to get my hands on these even after they are shipped), depending on its funding level and what stretch goals are hit.

That's probably going to be my strategy: focus on the ones I want most (particularly on the KS exclusive so I don't have to pay aftermarket prices for it), add to backerkit as I have more funds along the way, and just buy anything else I want later at retail. I completely missed the raptor campaign, but (exclusive aside) I haven't had any trouble finding the ones I've wanted for retail prices (or less) after the fact. Big Bad Toy Store's Pile of Loot has helped bring down shipping costs on some, and I've had some lucky eBay finds as well.

These guys aren't going to limited to just the orders made during the Kickstarter, so for me it's probably going to be just a matter of patience and prioritization to get the ones I want.

Space issues however: it was easy to justify Super Colossal Rexy as an over-sized one-off but between some of these larger guys and the Mattel brachiosaurus, I need to figure out something...
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Ceratopsianking

David Silva just posted some pics of the new Sinoceratops head sculpt ( I would have showed them if I knew how to post pictures) but it looks very cool

suspsy

Very nice, just like all the others revealed so far. Can't wait to see the Spiclypeus come into being.

It's funny how Sinoceratops is the only known ceratopsid from Asia thus far. Surely there were others.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

What sculpture and what perfection! BoTM sinoceratops is another beautiful and perfect figure that is completing the line of ceraptosidos of this brand of David Silva.

Lucky will be the one who has those figures on their shelves, apart from the beauty of their sculptures is a good economic investment, since these figures will eventually become more expensive as the JP / JW dinosaurs. What said magnificent sculpture.

Flaffy

Very nice sculpt by Lone Trike Studios, can't wait to see more of their work

Killekor

The Sinoceratops is going to be a really great figure, considering it's color scheme!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Jose S.M.

Quote from: suspsy on June 08, 2019, 01:49:28 AM

It's funny how Sinoceratops is the only known ceratopsid from Asia thus far. Surely there were others.

I think so too. Before I knew about Sinoceratops I always thought ceratopsians were definately present in Asia, just haven't been found yet.

terrorchicken

^ Ive always wondered about that. They have quite a few basal and smaller ceratopsians but do they really have no larger ones? And its not like Asia has been under explored as far as searching for dinosaur fossils(although it is a pretty massively vast area.)

South America seems to be lacking in them as well.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: terrorchicken on June 08, 2019, 06:07:48 PM
^ Ive always wondered about that. They have quite a few basal and smaller ceratopsians but do they really have no larger ones? And its not like Asia has been under explored as far as searching for dinosaur fossils(although it is a pretty massively vast area.)

This might be getting out of topic but what makes the lack of ceratopsids more curious in Asia than South America is that in a Asia the fauna was similar to the north American fauna were they are very common. In both Asia and North America you have tyrannosaurids, hadrosaurids, Ankylosaurids and a variety of small theropods in common but Asia lacks the ceratopsids except for Sinoceratops. The south American fauna was less similar.

suspsy

It really could be as simple as the other Asian ceratopsids just not being discovered yet. Perhaps Sinoceratops will have some company this year.

The colour scheme David Silva devised for this one is particularly attractive. It'll be neat to see the final painted prototype.

amargasaurus cazaui

Very nice, just like all the others revealed so far. Can't wait to see the Spiclypeus come into being.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/24192700_Turanoceratops_tardabilis-the_first_ceratopsid_dinosaur_from_Asia

although not a ceratopsid, still interesting....................https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2973951/
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

They seem to be known for as far south as Mexico for the moment....
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0895981116302917
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 09, 2019, 08:07:02 AM

They seem to be known for as far south as Mexico for the moment....
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0895981116302917

South America would have been separated from both Asia and North America at the time when the first ceratopsians arose, and remained separated until the Cenozoic, so it makes sense that there wouldn't be any down there.

I'd sure love it if CB started work on either the Torosaurus or the mature Triceratops next. I'm dying to see just how big the big boys are going to be.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 09, 2019, 07:58:18 AM

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/24192700_Turanoceratops_tardabilis-the_first_ceratopsid_dinosaur_from_Asia

although not a ceratopsid, still interesting....................https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2973951/

So Turanoceratops is comsidered a true ceratopsid. Last time I read about it there was some doubts and for some reason I accepted as only a ceratopsian,  interesting to know.

Halichoeres

Ah Turanoceratops, another casualty of the decision to focus the Kickstarter on popular genera.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ceratopsianking

Silva just say on Facebook that The Ceratopsians kickstarter campaign will begin on Tuesday September 17th later this year!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: