News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DinoToyBlog entries

Started by DinoToyForum, March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

In case you missed it: Stolpergeist's review of the Schleich magazine exclusive Velociraptor: http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/11/29/velociraptor-blue-ocean-entertainment-exclusive-by-schleich/
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Great review of a not so great figure.  My favourite shot is the one with the Tarbosaurus. Essentially the scientifically more accurate version of the Jurassic Park ending.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 02, 2020, 05:39:42 PM
In case you missed it: Stolpergeist's review of the Schleich magazine exclusive Velociraptor: http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/11/29/velociraptor-blue-ocean-entertainment-exclusive-by-schleich/

Great review of a figure I don't like that much.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Libraraptor

Again a great review of an average figure.

Takama

I agree its average, Even for Modern Schleich Standards, (and thats Comeing from someone who bothers to collect them each year). Its one of those figures that i just forget Schleich even made. Its not a Gem, like there Kentrosaurus Figures, nor is outrageously bad like there Therizinosaurus. Its just somthing they made that i keep forgetting about until i look at my collection and see it.

Bokisaurus

Halichoeres

By my count, CollectA has made half (3 of 6) of all Mapusaurus toys in existence. Really trying to corner the market!

indohyus

Shonisaurus

avatar_indohyus @indohyus avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus My congratulations on your respective reviews of the BoTM monoclonius and the PNSO sauropelta. Extensive and well-documented magnificent articles.

Libraraptor

bmathison1972

I should have the Favorite Cambrian Mini model collection ready by the end of the weekend!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 08, 2020, 07:43:43 PM
By my count, CollectA has made half (3 of 6) of all Mapusaurus toys in existence. Really trying to corner the market!

Yeah, well it will help put them on the...Map

Faelrin

B @bmathison1972 Nice. Be glad to see that set finally get reviewed soon. Honestly if it weren't for my backlog of reviews to do, and the fact it could be quite some time before it is in my hands (I had it shipped to my friend in Germany as it would be cheaper and quicker to send to him, and he is holding a bunch of Mattel stuff for me currently), I would have gotten to it possibly. It is long overdo for being reviewed.

On a similar note has the Kaiyodo Diplocaulus gotten a review yet? Cause that's another that could use one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bernie Brontosaurus

Quote from: indohyus on December 09, 2020, 08:51:58 PM
The Beasts of the Mesozoic rise, with the Kickstarter exclusive Monoclonius

http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/12/09/monoclonius-crassus-juvenile-centrosaurus-beasts-of-the-mesozoic-by-creative-beast-studio/

I am holding out for the Pentaceratops and the Torosaurus myself, but it's great to see the first BotM ceratopsian review on the DTB! Now we need more reviews so that the poor Monoclonius isn't lonely among all the raptors!

indohyus

Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on December 11, 2020, 07:17:46 PM
Quote from: indohyus on December 09, 2020, 08:51:58 PM
The Beasts of the Mesozoic rise, with the Kickstarter exclusive Monoclonius

http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/12/09/monoclonius-crassus-juvenile-centrosaurus-beasts-of-the-mesozoic-by-creative-beast-studio/

I am holding out for the Pentaceratops and the Torosaurus myself, but it's great to see the first BotM ceratopsian review on the DTB! Now we need more reviews so that the poor Monoclonius isn't lonely among all the raptors!

I would love to see the Torosaurus in person. Affording it is the question. Yeah, hopefully more of the herd comes to fend off the ravenous raptors.

Halichoeres

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 11, 2020, 02:35:41 PM

Based on the Dad-level of this joke, you must have many children.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 11, 2020, 02:34:44 PM
I should have the Favorite Cambrian Mini model collection ready by the end of the weekend!

Yesssss. The best series they've ever made.

bmathison1972

Yeah, I hadn't realized that when I expressed interest in it earlier, I had 'claimed' it LOL, and that you guys were waiting for me.  8)

Anyway I am chugging along. Four species down, four to go!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 11, 2020, 10:45:00 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 11, 2020, 02:35:41 PM

Based on the Dad-level of this joke, you must have many children.

All my children are made of PVC and sitting on shelves :). I never understood where the term 'dad joke' came from, must be some social media-derived term. I have been a horrible punster my whole life hahahahaha

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: