News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DinoToyBlog entries

Started by DinoToyForum, March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Thanks avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin. I am happy that you enjoyed.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres makes some great points about animal pigmentation and I am glad they brought up the fact that most of us primates see colors quite well. And thank Gaia that we do, because it is a blessing to have these beautifully colored dinosaurs available.

avatar_Nanuqsaurus @Nanuqsaurus you make fair points, but it is sad that you will be missing out on a beautiful toy. However, you will have more money and space than me, and this is definitely a blessing. I have to say that if these toys were not as brightly colored as they are, I would be completely disinterested in them. I own at least 20 different Styracosaurus figures, and this, being my favorite ceratopsian along with Pachyrhinosaurus, definitely feels fresh, and it is my favorite Styracosaurus figure along with the Carnage Resaurus one, and the Battat one, all which are rather colorful. I did mention in my review that I remembered images such as this large poster I used to own back in 1994 with a tail dragging Styracosaurus with a blue body and a red head. But if you do a quick search on google images about Styracosaurus, you'll realize that even the AAA Styracosaurus (I own this, if anyone needs a review, let me know) was rather colorful. Most of the images shown on a simple google search all offer rather colorful art of Styracosaurus, even vintage art. I suppose it is up to the artist to decide how the animal is going to look. Just thank Gaia that it does not look like this:

Another thing I forgot to mention that David Silva made some prototypes for the doomed Hasbro Jurassic Park 2011 line, although Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus did make come to fruition. As you know, this was supposed to be a 1/18th scale line with GiJoe type humans. Mr. Silva did sculpt a Styracosaurus, seen here: https://www.collectjurassic.com/021019/. This has been a long time coming, and while the one in the link has this Universal Jurassic aesthetic, BOTM Styracosaurus is based partially on Scott Hartmann's skeletal, as well as Greg Paul's skeletal. This is one of the reasons as to why I was so eager to get my hands on this beautiful beast.

Anywho, I hope to review Taco next, and the Pachyrhinosaurus when it comes out.

Bokisaurus

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your umpteenth review of the PNSO pachyrhinosaurus.

indohyus

EmperorDinobot

I hate to be that guy, but I suggest you re-edit the review on the Pachyrhinosaurus. Also, which one is the Pachyrhinosaurus with the red frill in the middle?

Faelrin

avatar_indohyus @indohyus Glad to see a review on that figure after all this time. It is a shame none of the main companies (Safari Ltd, CollectA, etc) have ever bothered with offering a figure of this sadly extinct, amazing bird. It's also of my favorite (extinct) birds. Though that goes for a lot of extinct (if not extant) birds sadly, such as terror birds, etc. The only one to have seen a lot of prominence over the years is Gastornis (or as one of its species used to be called, Diatryma), perhaps luckily. Even so none other then Colorata's are available on the market currently, the rest having been retired years ago.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

indohyus

Quote from: Faelrin on January 27, 2021, 09:03:59 PM
avatar_indohyus @indohyus Glad to see a review on that figure after all this time. It is a shame none of the main companies (Safari Ltd, CollectA, etc) have ever bothered with offering a figure of this sadly extinct, amazing bird. It's also of my favorite (extinct) birds. Though that goes for a lot of extinct (if not extant) birds sadly, such as terror birds, etc. The only one to have seen a lot of prominence over the years is Gastornis (or as one of its species used to be called, Diatryma), perhaps luckily. Even so none other then Colorata's are available on the market currently, the rest having been retired years ago.

Glad to do my bit for the blog! I personally hope a big company does it. There is a fantastic model on Likaon models, I want to get it at some point.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 27, 2021, 08:29:43 PM
I hate to be that guy, but I suggest you re-edit the review on the Pachyrhinosaurus. Also, which one is the Pachyrhinosaurus with the red frill in the middle?

Well but you are, so what exactly am I supposed to edit on the review?  If you're going to suggest something, it would be helpful to be a bit more specific avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot

That figure with the red frill is the Terra one that I repainted .

EmperorDinobot

You're correct B @Bokisaurus. I shall come up with a list and send you a pm.
Oh and the repainted version looks amazing. I always have a few Terra Pachyrhinosaurs to spare if you ever want to repaint another.

laticauda

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

laticauda

I never left, just really busy. 

Stegotyranno420

avatar_laticauda @laticauda I love that awesome poem in your review!

laticauda

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 30, 2021, 01:21:00 AM
avatar_laticauda @laticauda I love that awesome poem in your review!
Thankyou.  I wasn't sure if I was going to leave it in.  I wrote my first draft of the review as a poem and that was all that survived. 

suspsy

Electronic Battat Dilophosaurus.

http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/01/31/dilophosaurus-electronic-deluxeterra-series-by-battat/

This is one of several reviews I wrote ages ago, but kept pushing back in favour of more exciting subjects. I've grown tired of seeing them languishing in the Drafts folder, so I'm going to intersperse them with my more recently written reviews.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Bokisaurus

indohyus

Going back in time once again to look at a Starley model, this time Palaeotherium

http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/02/04/palaeotherium-starlux/

DinoToyForum

Quote from: indohyus on February 04, 2021, 11:45:14 AM
Going back in time once again to look at a Starley model, this time Palaeotherium

http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/02/04/palaeotherium-starlux/

Cool, love to see Starlux reviewed! But some of the photos are very blurry. :(

Shonisaurus

avatar_indohyus @indohyus Magnificent review of the Starlux palaeotherium, apart from that I really appreciate that you notify anyone who wants to buy that vintage figure that it is made of very fragile material. It is a pity that this company did not reissue that collection of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. It was a very good and very complete collection of prehistoric animal figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: